Saha is an ungrateful, disloyal bastard

Status
Not open for further replies.

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
Davo said:
Where?

On here maybe...

I'm as "interested" in who Arsenal or Chelsea buy as much as you....in fact, more so with Chelsea at the moment?
Nah, there's a bigger interest in United than Arsenal and Chelsea from non-United fans.

And you're more concerned with what we do, than what Arsenal and Chelsea do.

Amir

If I were Saha, no matter on what line of work, I'd have done exactly the same. You just can't say no when a possibly once in a life time opportunity comes along. Sorry!

Davo

An Extremely Boring Man said:
Nah, there's a bigger interest in United than Arsenal and Chelsea from non-United fans.

And you're more concerned with what we do, than what Arsenal and Chelsea do.
Is there?

I don't think there is..

and in terms of transfers...the major interest has been with Chelsea since last summer

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
Davo said:
Is there?

I don't think there is..

and in terms of transfers...the major interest has been with Chelsea since last summer
There are more inches devoted to United in newspapers than any other club.
There are more airtime devoted to United on TV and Radio than any other club.

Are you more concerned with what's going on at United than what's going on at Chelsea and Arsenal?

Davo

There are more inches devoted to United in newspapers than any other club.
There are more airtime devoted to United on TV and Radio than any other club.

Are you more concerned with what's going on at United than what's going on at Chelsea and Arsenal?
There may well be more media attention given to you....so what? What's that go to do with other fans interest in transfers? As I said, I'm equally interested in transfers of all the big clubs - and not that interested period - and given recent events more interested in who Chelsea are going to buy next than yourselves...

This is pretty standard re most fans of other clubs from what I can gather...and your fans are equally interested in other clubs dealings....

I dislike you more than Chelsea or the Arse, so in wanting you to fail have a greater "interest", but not when it comes to transfers...as I've expained more than once

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
Davo said:
There may well be more media attention given to you....so what? What's that go to do with other fans interest in transfers? As I said, I'm equally interested in transfers of all the big clubs - and not that interested period - and given recent events more interested in who Chelsea are going to buy next than yourselves...

This is pretty standard re most fans of other clubs from what I can gather...and your fans are equally interested in other clubs dealings....

I dislike you more than Chelsea or the Arse, so in wanting you to fail have a greater "interest", but not when it comes to transfers...as I've expained more than once
Nah, you're a liar. You're more concerned with us than with Arsenal and Chelsea. Liar.

Davo

Nah, you're a liar. You're more concerned with us than with Arsenal and Chelsea. Liar.
See you've made yourself look silly now...you seem to think that other fan's are particularly interested in your transfers for no reason

and they're not....

Chelsea have loads more cash than you....and are far more interesting when it comes to transfers

thoward

It's not a lisp!
Re_Deus said:
Do contracts and loyalty mean nothing to these players anymore?

Once more Man Utd upset a club due to the manner in which they approached the player; can Man Utd ever do things by the book and not piss off every club they deal with?

Bearing Man Utd's dodgy dealings in mind, both club and newcomer deserve each other. Man Utd will be signing a ludicrously over-rated player for a ludicrous price - yet another big money dud signed by Fergie. The fact he has no loyalty whatsoever to the team that made him what he is should worry some Mancs. A few years down the line, he could well turn his anger on Fergie and the Man Utd board for whatever reason.
A real model professional you Mancs have signed...
What about Arsenal with the likes of Anelka and that young Spanish player or Liverpool with kewell. You are obviously very biased you muppet

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
Davo said:
See you've made yourself look silly now...you seem to think that other fan's are particularly interested in your transfers for no reason

and they're not....

Chelsea have loads more cash than you....and are far more interesting when it comes to transfers
Nah, still more interest in us, even without the Russian mafia money

Davo

WeasteDevil said:
You do not know that!
I think its a fairly safe estimate....

and given their recent outlay its no wonder that most fans of other teams have more interest in their dealings than that of any other club

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I don't get all the ABU anger on this one.

Either we've unsettled a brilliant player and been evil in buying him and hence have got ourselves a brilliant player. And they're all cross....

Yet..... we've bought a donkey for 10mill plus, and it will weaken us and make us a rubbish team. Surely you should be happy as this will impove the chances of your second rate teams (Arsenal excluded) in getting closer to us????

Can't please some ABu's can you?

:D

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
Davo said:
I think its a fairly safe estimate....

and given their recent outlay its no wonder that most fans of other teams have more interest in their dealings than that of any other club
More people have had more to say about the Saha transfer than any of Chelsea's signings

Davo

GaryLifo said:

Either we've unsettled a brilliant player and been evil in buying him and hence have got ourselves a brilliant player. And they're all cross....

Yet..... we've bought a donkey for 10mill plus, and it will weaken us and make us a rubbish team. Surely you should be happy as this will impove the chances of your second rate teams (Arsenal excluded) in getting closer to us????

I'm not bothered in the slighest one way or another....

I can see why Coleman was annoyed at the whole thing mind

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
GaryLifo said:

Good point, well made

Basically, there's a lot of muppets out there :D

Davo

More people have had more to say about the Saha transfer than any of Chelsea's signings
Have they?

In the media maybe, due to the fact that the deal has dragged on so long, whereas Chelsea's buys have been pretty much over quickly....

Its not a big transfer to me mind...decentish player at an inflated price

Hardly as interesting as the likes of Duff to Chelsea

Davo

You commented enough on the issue...
On here - it being a Man Utd forum, I'm indifferent to the move tho

I've commented a fair bit on motorway driving today....I'm not that arsed about that either if the truth be known

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
Davo said:
Hardly as interesting as the likes of Duff to Chelsea
I know

Yet, people are talking more about it than the Duff transfer, and re_deus being up in arms about it because we didn't give up after being turned down first time. I didn't see posts from him slagging Chelsea off after Blackburn turned their offers for Duff down time after time after time.

That's what makes me laugh.

Davo

I know

Yet, people are talking more about it than the Duff transfer, and re_deus being up in arms about it because we didn't give up after being turned down first time. I didn't see posts from him slagging Chelsea off after Blackburn turned their offers for Duff down time after time after time.

People have picked up on Coleman's annoyance in the Saha deal...and the fact that Saha has thrown his toys out of his pram, so its a completely different set of circumstances....

No one I know is bothered about the Saha transfer...and that includes a couple of Man Utd fans I've spoken to...whereas the Duff transfer was greeted with a "feck" by non-Chelsea fans and the subject of much debate

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
Davo said:
No one I know is bothered about the Saha transfer...and that includes a couple of Man Utd fans I've spoken to...
Nah, lots of people are bothered about it, mostly non-United fans.

Most United fans I know are very indifferent to it.

Davo

Nah, lots of people are bothered about it, mostly non-United fans.

Most United fans I know are very indifferent to it.
You keep saying that, but that doesn't seem to be the case...

For a transfer of that scale the interest from fans is very small

Some think that Saha has behaved like a spoilt brat, and some think you're up to your alleged usual transfer tricks....but thats about it

bbest

The Caf's worst songwriter
My non-man utd friend commented that saha might succumb to pressure and fail to perform as expected. He cited rio Ferdinand as an example. What do you say about that?

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
Davo said:
You keep saying that, but that doesn't seem to be the case...

For a transfer of that scale the interest from fans is very small

Some think that Saha has behaved like a spoilt brat, and some think you're up to your alleged usual transfer tricks....but thats about it
Nah, alot sprutt their usual shite about United paying too much, it will never work wtc etc

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
bbest said:
My non-man utd friend commented that saha might succumb to pressure and fail to perform as expected. He cited rio Ferdinand as an example. What do you say about that?
I hope he will manage to piss in the bottle - we don't want that all over again

Re_Deus

Little Englander
I thought the days Man Utd got ripped off by crafty clubs taking advantage of the big, dumb rich club were over once Kenyon left? What's your excuse for paying in the region of £10M for Saha? He's worth £5M tops.

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
Re_Deus said:
I thought the days Man Utd got ripped off by crafty clubs taking advantage of the big, dumb rich club were over once Kenyon left? What's your excuse for paying in the region of £10M for Saha? He's worth £5M tops.
Why do we need an excuse? :confused:

Re_Deus

Little Englander
Why do we need an excuse? :confused:
When you Mancs realised you had been swindled by Lazio, Leeds and the club you signed Forlan from, the blame was attributed to Kenyon. Now that he's gone, who's responsible for sanctioning such silly transfers? Who will get the blame?

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
Re_Deus said:
When you Mancs realised you had been swindled by Lazio, Leeds and the club you signed Forlan from, the blame was attributed to Kenyon. Now that he's gone, who's responsible for sanctioning such silly transfers? Who will get the blame?
We've bought a player - get over it!

Gutsy

Good discussion is like a miniskirt. Short enough
Re_Deus said:
Who cares? I am truely touched that you should be so interested in our transfers and that you seem to be so concerned with how much we spend but really you dont have to worry, we can afford it. We always pay more becuase the media make such a fuss about it that ANY player we bid for instantly becomes a target for Chelsea, Barca, Madrid etc etc so the price goes up. Really basic supply and demand stuff, but again no real concern of yours is it? :yawn:

oh but then you dont really give a toss do you, just an excuse to have a dig when you can get it eh.. doesnt it get boring being so bitter? :confused: :smirk:

WeasteDevil

Re_Deus said:
:lol:

I do believe that you are jealous.

DJSpaz

Incredibly Stupid Bitter Biased Embarrassing Caf C
Like Nottingham Forest...you've won it two times..
MrMarcello said:
I see your point. However, I get concerned for one reason - if United continue paying over the odds for every player, they are eventually going to hurt the club when x player wants a move but having spent more than the budget, it won't happen. Thanks to paying 20-60% over markert value. I just hope signing Saha does not mean we lose out on Robben and/or RVDV.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

OH MY GOD!!!

After MONTHS of making this point myself, a Manc has FINALLY heard the penny drop!!!

Take note everyone, when you spend more than a player's worth, your transfer budget is reduced by more than it should be, meaning you'll ultimately miss out on future targets because you'll have spent your buget already.

MrMarcello is the first to realise this, i wonder if the rest might follow.

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
DJS said:
:eek: :eek: :eek:

OH MY GOD!!!

After MONTHS of making this point myself, a Manc has FINALLY heard the penny drop!!!

Take note everyone, when you spend more than a player's worth, your transfer budget is reduced by more than it should be, meaning you'll ultimately miss out on future targets because you'll have spent your buget already.

MrMarcello is the first to realise this, i wonder if the rest might follow.
:lol:

WeasteDevil

DJS said:
I'll let the gaffer worry about that, along with who he plans to buy for the future, and whatever his budgets are, which he will probably know at least two years in advance. He will also have a contingency budget I would expect, most businesses do.

He knows best, so I'm not worried. That is a part of what managers are employed to do.

DJSpaz

I didn't see posts from him slagging Chelsea off after Blackburn turned their offers for Duff down time after time after time.

Maybe that's because Duff had a release clause which blackburn AGREED to when signing his new deal - hence, they couldnt claim to have been hard done by.

DJSpaz

WeasteDevil said:
I'll let the gaffer worry about that, along with who he plans to buy for the future, and whatever his budgets are, which he will probably know at least two years in advance. He will also have a contingency budget I would expect, most businesses do.

He knows best, so I'm not worried. That is a part of what managers are employed to do.
Fair enough, but if/when a world class player becomes available and you dont bid because the budget has gone (and the PLC dont release more funds), will you not be annoyed that you paid well over the odds for previous signings?

I know i would be.

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
DJS said:
Maybe that's because Duff had a release clause which blackburn AGREED to when signing his new deal - hence, they couldnt claim to have been hard done by.
So you agree that a club should not go back with an improved offer, if turned down once?

Status
Not open for further replies.