Saido Berahino

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Classic case of believing his own hype then subsequently doing sod all to justify it

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Shame as he's clearly a natural goalscorer. Even time you think he might knuckle down and get on track, he disappears again. Seems the likes of Stoke, Spurs, Newcastle, Palace have dodged a bullet at the moment.

Lurpak99

Buttered up
Wasn't he on his way to Tottenham once only for Jeremy Peace (the owner of West Brom) to stop the deal? Pulis have always seemed keen to let him go.

izec

West Brom fecked him over. Ever since that move to Spurs didnt materialise, he went downhill. He didnt play months after that, sitting on the bench most games getting a few minutes here and there.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah, I think it's a mixture of him being a bit of a lazy cock and the club constantly holding him there for no reason when so many clubs wanted him.

paulscholes18

They should have taken the 17m that was offered from Stoke and Palace, now they stuck with a player who can't play for them ATM, doesn't want to play for them and who's going to sign on to a club in January and leave for nothing at the end of the season, also the fact you're paying him 30k p/w is utter stupid

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I think West Brom have handled the situation pretty badly.

drdoityourself

Peace and Pulis should have sold him when they had the chance. Big offers were coming, Peace refused yet Pulis had no interest in actually using him. Not the best business.

Kag

Jeremy Peace dropped a bollock here. It's all well and good trying to keep your best players (which Berahino was) but running them into the ground and stripping away the value of the player you claim to, you know, value, is shooting yourself in the foot.

Will all that said, the lad seems to be a bit of a prat.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Not seen a decline like this in years. The lad was a real player a few years ago.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
I mentioned this lad in a post a few weeks ago, I couldn't even remember his name and another poster guessed who I meant. What a complete nose dive from someone so widely touted at one point. His confidence must be non-existent and I wasn't aware he'd taken never mind missed 3 penalties.

Still probably earns more in a week than a lot of us do in a year after tax, which is the real kicker.

Claude Cat

Supports
Liverpool
Shame as he's clearly a natural goalscorer. Even time you think he might knuckle down and get on track, he disappears again. Seems the likes of Stoke, Spurs, Newcastle, Palace have dodged a bullet at the moment.
And then walked right into one...

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Not seen a decline like this in years. The lad was a real player a few years ago.
Was he? Or was he just hyped because he's English and was playing for a side like West Brom so easy target for transfer gossip?

el3mel

Is it bad I literally forgot his name ? :D I forgot he actually existed.

Idxomer

I'm sure someone here compared him to Samuel Eto'o while he was at West Brom.

el3mel

Now that's a real gem.

If I were Spurs I'd sell Kane this week. I just can't believe a player with such unidentifiable skills is going to continue at this rate. He was totally anonymous at U21 level, and before the last 6 months barely registered anywhere.

He's not that fast, his touch isn't that great, he's not amazing in the air - but of course he's scoring goals this year. Inzaghi mach 2? Maybe, but I'm not sure he's got the acceleration.

Maybe I'll be wrong and Kane will continue at this level, but to me this reeks of a long 'purple patch' where everything just falls well for a player. There are very, very few players to have scored more than 20 league goals in the premier league and when you look at that list, the number to do so over a few seasons is incredibly tiny. Basically it's just Shearer, Henry and Van Nistelerooy. I look at those 3 and then look at Kane...just don't see it.

If Spurs could get £30m+ for him this summer they really, really should because I can only see his stock going down.
Sorry @Beachryan but I'm sure you'll find it funny yourself. :D

Robbie Boy

I vaguely remember someone saying he’s better than Eto’o..
Da feck :lol:

To be fair, he started off well and managed 29 goals in his first 2 full season and was also doing the business for he England Under 21's. I think also, people initially rooted for him because there was a sad backstory to him and it looked like he could be one of those good success stories.

However, he acted the arse at WBA pushing for a move etc and his form suffered as a result. Since then, he's actually been horrendous.

AlwaysRed66

If ever there was an epitaph on Mark Hughes Stoke career it would be for signing this clown for millions. Must be one of the worst deals ever, which is a challenge in itself.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I was gonna go and play for Spurs but then I got high
£25 million price tag but I got high
Now I'm too unfit for Stoke and I know why
Because I got high
Because I got high
Because I got high

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Remember him putting us to the sword at OT. Never imagined at the time that that was his peak. Wasted career.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I remember being convinced that he was joining United a few years ago as that’s what I was told by someone supposedly ITK.

Good thing we didn’t!

No denying that he could of become a good quality Premier League striker if he sorted himself out IMO.