Saido Berahino

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I remember being convinced that he was joining United a few years ago as that’s what I was told by someone supposedly ITK.

Good thing we didn’t!

No denying that he could of become a good quality Premier League striker if he sorted himself out IMO.
When he was a scoring all those goals years ago that was the rumour. It's comforting to know that scouts and other club staff obviously make transfer decisions based on more than what we see on the pitch.

Classical Mechanic

Berahino was a much bigger talent than Agbonlahor, he scored 20 goals for West Brom in his second season as a professional. Agbonlahor never hit more than 16.

That Berahino failed a drugs test for recreational substances tells us where it went wrong for him.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Just looked him up on Wiki and found this:

"Born in Bujumbura, the capital of Burundi, Berahino played football as a child with a ball of plastic bags tied up with laces. His father was killed in 1997 during the Burundian Civil War. He travelled to England alone at the age of 10, fleeing the ongoing war to join his mother, brother and sisters who had already been granted asylum in Newtown, Birmingham. He could not locate his family on arrival, and was put in a care home. After his mother Liliane was traced, immigration officials had to administer a DNA test to confirm their relationship."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saido_Berahino

That's a tough upbringing, but I'm glad for him that he gets to represent his birth country now.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
A lot of player make a couple of good seasons and then just return to their usual again. Nothing new.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Just looked him up on Wiki and found this:

"Born in Bujumbura, the capital of Burundi, Berahino played football as a child with a ball of plastic bags tied up with laces. His father was killed in 1997 during the Burundian Civil War. He travelled to England alone at the age of 10, fleeing the ongoing war to join his mother, brother and sisters who had already been granted asylum in Newtown, Birmingham. He could not locate his family on arrival, and was put in a care home. After his mother Liliane was traced, immigration officials had to administer a DNA test to confirm their relationship."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saido_Berahino

That's a tough upbringing, but I'm glad for him that he gets to represent his birth country now.
Every time I see these war links intrigue takes over. I will now spend the next few hours researching the Burundian Civil War.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
He’s been playing well recently, has deserved to get his goal. Hopefully this is his bounce back season.

Nadger

Supports
Spurs
Not seen a decline like this in years. The lad was a real player a few years ago.
Ravel Morrison? I guess you could argue he never claimed the same heights as Berahino but is clearly an incredible talent, wasted.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

More kids in six weeks than goals in the last couple of years.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Its not very traditional, but how can you be accused of becoming a father:lol: Congratulations, you've just been accused of becoming a dad today.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
There’s something ironic that the fortune he’s stolen in wages over the past few years he’ll now have to hand over in child support payments

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
:lol: Christ on a bike.

Now i know I shouldn't criticise someone for becoming a dad, but if true, that's not something to shout about (three kids with three different women that is)

Brophs

The One and Only
Something something lack of clean sheets when playing away from home something something

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Chelsea lovelace:lol: that can't be her real name!!?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Easily one of the thickest players that have played the game in recent years.

Guy was looking better than Harry Kane five years ago.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What’s his goal record these days?