Samuel Luckhurst : United Looking to sign two players in january

Flytan

Immediate needs are a RB in case Valencia gets hurt and a LB. Would also want a Right Winger and/or Midfielder if Mkhi leaves.

Thinking as I'm posting this really makes me wish it was summer and we could get and get rid of more players...

SER19

We need a right winger, left back and as much as I hate to say it still, a central midfielder to play beside Matic. Somebody solid enough go to be relied on in a 2 and also with enough dynamism to not be predictable to other team. A classic number 8. Two players that are top drawer and naturals in that role. For example (not even sure about the suggested signing)

.................Verratti...Matic.......

...newPlayer.......Pogba..........Martial

.....................Lukaku.

Would happily wait until summer for the right players.

dangler

This is Malcom against PSG, all his touches-
Seems talented on the ball, takes charge and tries to lead the game from the wing. I think we are lacking this at the moment. I'm just not convinced he is our guy.
They all look good in France and Holland and once they come in England and get tackled harder and close pressed, they start to look helpless. Hope I'm wrong and he becomes our Hazard.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
We need a right winger, left back and as much as I hate to say it still, a central midfielder to play beside Matic. Somebody solid enough go to be relied on in a 2 and also with enough dynamism to not be predictable to other team. A classic number 8. Two players that are top drawer and naturals in that role. For example (not even sure about the suggested signing)

Pogba is useless as a 10

Tanel

Pogba is nr 8.. We just need a new nr 10 that's as good as Pogba and Matic are at their positions.

SER19

Pogba is useless as a 10
Pogba is nr 8.. We just need a new nr 10 that's as good as Pogba and Matic are at their positions.
Perhaps tanel has it right then, but the ten can't be a luxury ten like ozil, mata and similar. It has to be somebody that is effectively part of a middle three and great without the ball, and explosive with it. Somebody that can carry it well, has a range of passing and can shoot well from range as well as have the movement to be effective in the box. Does such a player exist?

Eriksen would perhaps be a dream signing, in my foolish optimism I think spurs will know they'd do well to keep all their top players if they fail to make cl. I'm hoping they'd cling to Kane and alli more

Last edited:

Mcking

Perhaps tanel has it right then, but the ten can't be a luxury ten like ozil, mata and similar. It has to be somebody that is effectively part of a middle three and great without the ball, and explosive with it. Somebody that can carry it well, has a range of passing and can shoot well from range as well as have the movement to be effective in the box. Does such a player exist?

Eriksen would perhaps be a dream signing
Ozil can do those things except the without the ball thingy though.

SER19

Ozil can do those things except the without the ball thingy though.
I like ozil. I think he lacks in the dynamic sense and yes, off the ball.Looking at the next 2-3 years is he one that can see us compete more with city? I think he just falls short. A shortlist would be interesting; eriksen, ozil, Isco to being perhaps? Would like to hear the other names people think

Mcking

I like ozil. I think he lacks in the dynamic sense and yes, off the ball.Looking at the next 2-3 years is he one that can see us compete more with city? I think he just falls short. A shortlist would be interesting; eriksen, ozil, Isco to being perhaps? Would like to hear the other names people think
Ozil is pretty dynamic, he covers a lot of distance in almost everygame.
He's great at carrying the ball, one of the best creative players in the world and few can rival his technique and ball control. On the ball he's almost impeccable.
One player won't bridge the City gap, but Ozil would certainly get us closer. The only downside is his defensive nous, but that is something we could afford to overlook right now.
Eriksen, Hamsik, Thiago, Isco, De Bruyne, Silva are all players we could do with right now, but Ozil is just as good and the most realistic.

Eriksen would perhaps be a dream signing, in my foolish optimism I think spurs will know they'd do well to keep all their top players if they fail to make cl. I'm hoping they'd cling to Kane and alli more
Eriksen is the perfect 10 for a Mourinho. Hardworking and defensively adept. But he would be just too expensive. That is why Ozil makes sense. He can allow us play a back 3 in big games without losing attacking or midfield potency. Above all he was of the main reasons Mourinho's most potent attacking side ever was that potent and he is used to Mourinho's tactics and ways. Plus he costs nothing. He is too good an opportunity to turn down IMO.

Last edited:

SER19

Eriksen is the perfect 10 for a Mourinho. Hardworking and defensively adept. But he would be just too expensive. That is why Ozil makes sense. He can allow us play a back 3 in big games without losing attacking or midfield potency. Above all he was of the main reasons Mourinho's most potent attacking side ever was that potent and he is used to Mourinho's tactics and ways. Plus he costs nothing. He is too good an opportunity to turn down IMO.
Worth trying to pay money for in January? Reading that new UEFA rules mean he wouldn't be cup tied for champions league

Last edited:

Dolf

Sergej Milinković-Savić would be a great signing. He's tall and strong too so im sure jose would like him.
Eriksen would be the absolutely perfect and i wouldn't even mind paying 100 mill for him, he's top class and exactly what we need right now.

Worth trying to pay money for in January? Reading that new UEFA rules mean he wouldn't be cup tied for champions league
If Wenger and Mourinho didn't have beef? Yes. For me we should target one of Eriksen, Lemar or Ozil to be our next 10. The other two because they are ideal Mourinho 10s. Ozil because he is Ozil.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
We need both a 10 and an 8. We've got zero quality cover when Pogba is out. Would be a bonus if the 8 could also play 6 when Matic is out.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
David Luiz, Perisic and Alex Sandro I’m hoping for.

Never saw this Malcom kid.
David fooking Luiz.... you can stick that one up the Turkeys arse.
It's improvement we are looking for.
He's a calamity.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I've heard we are looking to bring in any two of: Huntelaar, Sjneider, Garay, Gaitan or Cristiano Ronaldo.
:lol:

You can add Griezmann to that list. He'll become another signing which we revisit every single transfer window.

Nick7

:nervous: Ross Barkley :nervous:

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Whenever we play without Matic or Pogba we are a weaker team. Without Pogba we lose creativity and a driving force and without Matic we lose stability and calmness. So one quality midfielder asap please. Fellaini seems to have left the building so I don’t count on him to return.

Like everybody else. A kingdom for a quality right winger with pace and technique. Can he score goals then I am in heaven. How hard can it be?

My conclusion for the rest of the season is that we need to win almost every game against all teams who’re not top ten and only draw a few against the mid table teams. Top four is a must and I can’t even think about another scenario. So FFS Woody and whoever is in charge. Leave the Christmas table and stop eating unhealthy food. Sell your over valued bitcoins and invest in new flashy playerso we have something positive to discuss.... Idiots...

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore

Yeah... do you remember what happened when Barca started sounding out veratti....

Unless we want pogba and de gea to go to psg i suggest we avoid sounding out veratti

SER19

Yeah... do you remember what happened when Barca started sounding out veratti....

Unless we want pogba and de gea to go to psg i suggest we avoid sounding out veratti
Ya he's just a stop gap name.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
We need to sign some proper quality to start bridging the gap to City. Vast majority of our signings in the last five years have ranged from average to poor.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
So, are we signing a good sport psychologist as well? Because the ones here are not working well enough so far, if there's any.

deafepl

I don't think PSG would want to piss United off. United have more influence power over UEFA than PSG. for an example if United want to change policy law regardless of financial duping that must be legal by sponsors through no connection linked to their owners that own company then United will have a full backing of many clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid who is also concerned about financial dupping so that will encourage UEFA to take action, PSG will be in trouble.

PSG can't sign players from United but United can get player from PSG that has a release clause if they want to play for United. if we decide to play with them like they did with Barcelona and if news to be true about Neymar's release clause, we could buy him for 200m, who would win? It's United.