g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Samuel Luckhurst

Giggsyking

Attacking a journalist for simply doing his job and reporting stuff about the club is a bit sad.

We all know the club is a shit show and full of incompetent muppets. Yet when a journalist reports something negative he's talking rubbish?

There's a very weird double standard on here. Throwing personal insults at refs and journalists is apparently acceptable, but don't dare hurl any abuse at a United player
I do not believe his story about players against ETH tactical change. He is using the rough time to push his agenda about the grumpy British players. If SAF was here, he wouldn't be allowed through the door of Carrington or OT.

Amir

This. People's attitude towards journalists on this forum is so weird. They also seem to be inspired by North Korea and Russia in terms of how the club should deal with the press.
They think journalists should serve the club. The idiots complaining about the timing of the Solskjaer interview being released by the Athletic was something else.

GueRed

Luckhurst is shit-stirrer.

I had to mute him on twitter a while back and his toxic chasing 'articles' where he kept pushing his anti-Rooney agenda.

The MEN went from a fair, gentleman with integrity in David Meek to a slimey, ABU troll.

Fergie would've had him banned ages ago.

neon_badger

I know most football journalism is largely conjecture, and I'm ok with opinion pieces however the stuff like "sources at the club say..." are getting out of hand, we've always had these articles but the way this information is presented, repeated and recieved particularly on social media is out of control.

Giggsyking

Again today with his dressing room sources. I can not stand this man.

Giggsyking

Every time the same thing. He waits for a crisis, then makes up some shit about the dressing room.

Giggsyking

I’m sure this guy is a complete tool but isn’t it possible that a few of the local journalists a) do have sources in the dressing room and b) only get the really negative takes at times of crisis?
You might be right, but my feeling he is a bullshitter.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I’m sure this guy is a complete tool but isn’t it possible that a few of the local journalists a) do have sources in the dressing room and b) only get the really negative takes at times of crisis?
Yes of course they have, but not this guy. His MO is just too repetitive to be genuine.

Oranges038

I'm of the opinion that anyone with half a brain could report on soccer these days. Anyone can make half this shit up.

Step 1. Create an angle
Step 2. Create a ridiculous headline
Step 3. Write an article that neither mentions or closely relates to the headline, be sure to mention sources close to / inside
Step 4. Post a tweet that paraphrases the sources of the negativity + add link to article
Step 5. Sit back and wait for the clicks.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I'm of the opinion that anyone with half a brain could report on soccer these days. Anyone can make half this shit up.

Step 1. Create an angle
Step 2. Create a ridiculous headline
Step 3. Write an article that neither mentions or closely relates to the headline, be sure to mention sources close to / inside
Step 4. Post a tweet that paraphrases the sources of the negativity + add link to article
Step 5. Sit back and wait for the clicks.
You're placing the bar too high.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Can we ban this horrid cnut from every single press conference?

atkar83

He does travel with the team. He was one of two or three media members allowed to travel with the team during covid. Why do people assume he's making things up or he doesn't have sources in the team? It's not like he's an outsider, he has access most pundits don't. And this lockerroom is full of rats, there's no reason to suggest he doesn't have someone telling him how it is.

IRELANDUNITED

He does travel with the team. He was one of two or three media members allowed to travel with the team during covid. Why do people assume he's making things up or he doesn't have sources in the team? It's not like he's an outsider, he has access most pundits don't. And this lockerroom is full of rats, there's no reason to suggest he doesn't have someone telling him how it is.
Does he have more contacts than Andy Mitten does? Mitten comes across as someone who has huge connections and contacts yet he never seems to leak any of these dressing rooms stories. Samual on the other hand seems to make a living out of it. If he is as close to the dressing room as you suggest why on earth has no manager ever banned him from it before?

ToToMarshall

Attacking a journalist for simply doing his job and reporting stuff about the club is a bit sad.

We all know the club is a shit show and full of incompetent muppets. Yet when a journalist reports something negative he's talking rubbish?

There's a very weird double standard on here. Throwing personal insults at refs and journalists is apparently acceptable, but don't dare hurl any abuse at a United player
This is spot on. It’s the same when rival fans point out the same things we’re all saying/thinking. They’ll get mobbed.

Yeah, he was one of only four journalists given priority access during the preseason tour too, including travelling with the squad.

There's obviously - especially on Reddit - a big chunk of the fanbase who don't like him...but if he was just printing non-stop lies he wouldn't be given this sort of access by the club. Like, the club aren't just not freezing him out (not calling on him at press conferences etc, giving him bare minimum access) they're actively making him one of the club's most prioritised journalists.

BTW Mike McGrath, John Percy, Ducker, Wheeler and Reddy have all subsequently printed some variation today of the same story Luckhurst put out earlier (dressing room unhappiness, players unhappy with the manager/training/perceived favouritism)

atkar83

Yeah, he was one of only four journalists given priority access during the preseason tour too, including travelling with the squad.

There's obviously - especially on Reddit - a big chunk of the fanbase who don't like him...but if he was just printing non-stop lies he wouldn't be given this sort of access by the club. Like, the club aren't just not freezing him out (not calling on him at press conferences etc, giving him bare minimum access) they're actively making him one of the club's most prioritised journalists.

BTW Mike McGrath, John Percy, Ducker, Wheeler and Reddy have all subsequently printed some variation today of the same story Luckhurst put out earlier (dressing room unhappiness, players unhappy with the manager/training/perceived favouritism)
Exactly. And if RedCafe is one thing, its very critical of the team compared to most fanbases. United have been playing like dogshite this year and obviously players will be unhappy, why wouldn't Luckhurst write about how players are unhappy. It would be an agenda if we were playing somewhat well and he released a story like this before a big game. None of what he said is a surprise, he may as well report it before someone else does.

always_hoping

His "reports" are based on hear say, rumours from his "sources" It's a bit sad that a chief reporter on a national newspaper is running with such articles like that to simply to get clicks.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's so easy to be his style of "journalist".

"Sources close to the team were shocked at the display on Wednesday night, with senior pros worried the manager has lost control,"

Etc

noodlehair

"It's like..."
It's not really anything better than gutter journalism either way though is it?

My issue is someone getting paid good money to write 8 year old playground level gossip and then acting obnoxious about it on twitter. This isn't a grown adult person job that should exist. It's below being an influencer and somewhere just above that idiot on tiktok who cycles round london filming peoole cutting queues in cars and sending it to the police.

It can't be that hard to do some actual relevant investigative journalism or write opinion pieces that are actually interesting, rather than just going to the lowest and laziest denominator every single time.

Didn't someone do a piece on uncovering actual evidence of teams playing footballers involved in ongoing rape/assault allegations and the PL trying to brush it under the carpet very recently? Now that WAS a well researched and important/relevant piece of journalism. It wind's me up that it gets less attention than some hack spending 10 minutes copy and pasting their own "dressing room sources say players don't like when the manager shouts at them" piece. I couldn't even give a feck if he has real sources or not because its completely useless/pointless information.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I genuinely despise this cnut. Anything negative, he's there. Needs to be perma-banned from OT. I'd like the club to block him in perpetuity.

It read that Hojlund's teammates were unconvinced by him and were reluctant to pass to him.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I genuinely despise this cnut. Anything negative, he's there. Needs to be perma-banned from OT. I'd like the club to block him in perpetuity.

It read that Hojlund's teammates were unconvinced by him and were reluctant to pass to him.
Probably read this forum. It mirrors what many fans say really.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
People say Goldbrige is toxic… if so this cnut is radioactive. Terrible terrible person
And this cnut is employed by MEN, which is the problem here. Goldbridge is just an independent grifter. Luckhurst being in press conferences asking questions of United managers is just unacceptable to me.

Zoo

He’s at it again. Who is his source?