Sanchez's return | is not happening - he signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

fps

I'll be interested in whether he still has the 7 shirt. If he has to come back, which no-one wants, I imagine he'll be used as a striker in a few cup games. He hasn't got the legs for anything else.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I never thought any transfer would make Torres look like a bargain let alone a freebie.

On a more serious note he shouldn't really get any minutes for you apart from maybe scratch minutes Vs lower league sides, he's not even too flight standard anymore.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If we can't loan him out to anyone in europe/asia/North or South America, then he'll probably be like how Darmian was for a few years. Comes in rarely, but otherwise trains and never plays and you forget he exists bar the random cup game he gets used.

Art Vandelay

Imagine he came and scored 30 goals for us? Has there every been an incredible turn around for a signing on that level? Jordon Henderson in the hat for PFA POTY at Liverpool when he was a complete joke there at one point is a crazy turnaround, but Sanchez hasn’t for the years ahead of him to grow. I think he’s done.
I suppose Sissoko at Spurs was quite the turn around. From a bit of a disaster to one of their key players for a while.

Imagine he came and scored 30 goals for us? Has there every been an incredible turn around for a signing on that level? Jordon Henderson in the hat for PFA POTY at Liverpool when he was a complete joke there at one point is a crazy turnaround, but Sanchez hasn’t for the years ahead of him to grow. I think he’s done.
Even if he played the entire season (even though he’s incapable Of doing so as he’s injury prone), he wouldn't even get into double figures.

was a fantastic player, but for the past 3 years he’s been crap for Arsenal, Utd and Inter. No chance of him ever playing well for a top team again.

put a fork in him, he’s done.

Luke1995

I was very happy when we signed him, but it's been a disaster all round. I think you'd need to be optimistic to the point of madness to expect him to come back and do well. It's not like he's done anything to earn another chance, we simply just can't get rid of him because no one else will pay him the wages. Sad, but that's the reality of it. He's not even doing the business in Italy.
He isn't old though. Still only 31. Some players have found a new lease of footballing life well after it.

diarm

I've slated him above but it's just struck me that he's coming into the last year of his contract.

He's probably become quite accustomed to his way of life and the closer next June gets, the more the reality of his £400k a week valuation being closer to £4k a week will sink in. We might see a bounce in terms of effort and application if nothing else.

-Supreme-

I've slated him above but it's just struck me that he's coming into the last year of his contract.

He's probably become quite accustomed to his way of life and the closer next June gets, the more the reality of his £400k a week valuation being closer to £4k a week will sink in. We might see a bounce in terms of effort and application if nothing else.
His contract has 2 years remaining - ends in 2022

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

I don't fault his effort, he just is physically shot. He has lost his acceleration, he can't beat players anymore. Even in his latter days at Arsenal, Wenger was playing him as a CF as he started to rely more on the technical side of his game as he was losing the physical and he was doing quite well there.

Nothing we can do about it if he's just done unfortunately - even if he does train hard, which allegedly he really does, and it can be seen in his professionalism and willingness to play for Chile at all costs. He just won't get to the level of 5 years ago.

diarm

I don't fault his effort, he just is physically shot. He has lost his acceleration, he can't beat players anymore. Even in his latter days at Arsenal, Wenger was playing him as a CF as he started to rely more on the technical side of his game as he was losing the physical and he was doing quite well there.

Nothing we can do about it if he's just done unfortunately - even if he does train hard, which allegedly he really does.
I wonder. I feel like a guy who is giving everything he has but is simply physically shot just calls it a day and retires. It would be too soul destroying to be giving your all and coming up short the whole time.

MyOnlySolskjaer

I wonder. I feel like a guy who is giving everything he has but is simply physically shot just calls it a day and retires. It would be too soul destroying to be giving your all and coming up short the whole time.
Many thought this about Rooney at one point. He was on a fat salary for us but also wasn't physically at the level he used to be at. Likewise for Torres, Kaka and Pato who had sharp declines.

SteveW

There will be no return. Ole will not want his personality and attitude around the squad.

Loan, sell or go to the u23s.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
He's finished here. Deport him to China the moment he sets foot in England.

MyOnlySolskjaer

There will be no return. Ole will not want his personality and attitude around the squad.

What's wrong with his personality and attitude?

By all accounts, he's a person that loves the game. Obsessed with playing for his national team instead of taking any kind of break and a person that takes responsibility.

fps

What's wrong with his personality and attitude?

By all accounts, he's a person that loves the game. Obsessed with playing for his national team instead of taking any kind of break and a person that takes responsibility.
Loner in the dressing room at Arsenal who was very critical of team-mates, apparently.

United58

We have to pay him 350k a week for a year if we can loan him out and somebody else pay it that would be great but on current form thoroughly unrealistic so we will be stick with him
As such at least 18 million of our squad budget next season is taken up with paying him knowing that come January he probably signs a bosman deal and leaves in the summer.
Ole simply has to make the best of it as a manager / coach and get the best out of him because that's his job
Is his contract up in 2021? I though it was 2022, delighted if I'm wrong

Luke1995

I'm not sure the manager has the power to reject working with a player. Maybe fergie, but otherwise, it's Woodward's decision.

SteveW

I'm not sure the manager has the power to reject working with a player. Maybe fergie, but otherwise, it's Woodward's decision.
He's past it and doesn't fit into what Ole is trying to do so there's pretty much zero chance that Ole will actually play him. He's well down the pecking order.

If Ole won't play him there's no point in having him around the squad because he'll most likely sulk and bring down the mentality of the group. There's zero benefit in having a guy doing nothing and getting 350k a week for it and all the other players seeing it every day.

So as happened this season, Ole won't want him around. If that means paying a large chunk of his wages to go on loan again so be it. There is zero upside and a lot of potential downside in having him with the squad.

Luke1995

He's past it and doesn't fit into what Ole is trying to do so there's pretty much zero chance that Ole will actually play him. He's well down the pecking order.

If Ole won't play him there's no point in having him around the squad because he'll most likely sulk and bring down the mentality of the group. There's zero benefit in having a guy doing nothing and getting 350k a week for it and all the other players seeing it every day.

So as happened this season, Ole won't want him around. If that means paying a large chunk of his wages to go on loan again so be it. There is zero upside and a lot of potential downside in having him with the squad.
I can point out to Torres entire time at Chelsea as an example of managers not wanting him around and the player still playing

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I don't think it's personality issues or the pressure or anything.

His legs gave in and he aged. Simple as that. Not every player has ability to age like Zlatan, Gigge or Cr7.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
He isn't old though. Still only 31. Some players have found a new lease of footballing life well after it.
Not everyon's 31 is the same. Plenty of players went past it as they turned 29/30 and some keep playing at the top till their mid thirties. The human body is not that predictable for everyone.

Pughnichi

Get him up in the Stretford End with an electric piano hooked up to the sound system
Think you’re on to something here. Maybe he’s the answer to improving the atmosphere in an empty stadium.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Sanchez won't be leaving us anytime soon. We have him his last big pay cheque and he'll hold to it till the end. We can

a- come out with some mutual agreement were he agrees to leave for a big lump of money
b- send him on loan again and be ready to pay for most of his salary
c- keep him here

As a player his legs are gone which means he can really only play as a striker these days. He can become an adequate cover for Martial/Greenwood. Unfortunately that salary alone will cause problems in the dressing room

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I was under the impression he was alright for Inter when he played?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I was under the impression he was alright for Inter when he played?
Didn't really get much time to show consistency but when he was playing into some form and having a good Copa America I think he got injured at the end of the tournament.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Is his contract up in 2021? I though it was 2022, delighted if I'm wrong
I thought the last year was an option (which I was presuming we wouldn't take up) ifnits not then yeah 40 million or so in wages and 2 years we will be stuck with him
I think inter only paid half his wages this year and they seem to think that has not ended up as a good deal

clarkydaz

I don't think it's personality issues or the pressure or anything.

His legs gave in and he aged. Simple as that. Not every player has ability to age like Zlatan, Gigge or Cr7.
Agreed, nearly every pic you see of him is training at home or in a gym. He has just played too much for peak premier league football

diarm

Many thought this about Rooney at one point. He was on a fat salary for us but also wasn't physically at the level he used to be at. Likewise for Torres, Kaka and Pato who had sharp declines.
Rooney, even at his very worst, was several levels above the best we've seen from Sanchez.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Why can't we just loan him out again? Surely loans will become more popular if clubs have less money to spend. There's plenty of idiots out there who would still see him as a big signing, worth taking a chance on. I can see West Ham or a newly rich Newcastle taking him on, could be a good gamble for a club like Monaco or Lyon where he may excel in a weaker league. Covering a small percentage of his wage is better than nothing.

kidbob

It pains me that we are about to lose a talented young player in Gomes that has been at the club from the beginning of his career and we are about to see the return of an absolute shit bag at the end of his career who doesn't give a feck about the club.

People praise Jose for the Rooney problem but in all honesty he ended up landing us with a player on equal or higher wages who cared about the club less than Rooney and was also a million times worse than Wayne was at the end. Rooney at the very least would provide the odd moment of genius but Sanchez has been awful. Thanks very much the 'special one'.

For me Sanchez is an ideal symbol for what went wrong at this club after Fergie left. Thankfully Ole is dealing with this bit by bit and the next port of call would be to make Sanchez train on his own away from everyone with his shit attitude and force him out of the club.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
We have some very talented youngsters in the reserves so I don't particularly want him training with them and rubbing off on them.

Pay him his money and tell him he can stay at home with his feet up. We won't notice the difference anyway.
This is the issue.

I think he needs to get his fitness up and train by himself. If he can do that, he can train with the first team. If he can do that, then he can play league cup matches and come on in matches to give others a break.

Otherwise he can stay at home

Fox E Power

He had a great Copa America just last year - there's still a top player in there he's not finished, just hasn't seemed arsed. I'm holding out a 10% chance he can get his crap together and play a part in the team.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Just a strange situation. I would not say he has 0 % chance of returning - but if I was the club I would try lower his wage and say - if you get your act together we still think there's a player in you who can help us challenge for trophies. But we really don't know enough other then he's been poor BUT then so have the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.