Sancho should be brought back to the first team squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RORY65

He's been dogshit ever since we signed him, he could come back and you wouldn't notice he's on the field. The reality is he's out because he got called out for being unprofessional and rather than using it as motivation he decided to be petulant and write a really dumb statement on social media. If he wanted to be back it wouldn't take much, the fact he won't apologise shows he's not interested and not what we need.

The one thing you would say is you have to wonder quite how shit he was/is in training if Martial is still getting games despite looking like he's given up and yet Sancho's effort merited dropping and calling out by the manager.

Keownisacnut

Supports
Glazers out!
He epitomises everything that has gone wrong in this club since SAF, over-hyped, over-paid and under performing. Offload asap. I would rather be mid table for a couple of years if we can get rid of lazy, entitled brats we seem to collect all too regularly.

Matt007a

No. He’s never going to deliver for us and he’s clearly a poor professional and a bit of a man child. He’s got history of being late and not being professional.

If I turned up late to work I wouldn’t have to be told to apologise. I certainly wouldn’t refuse to do so when I’m clearly in the wrong. He probably thought in his immature little mind that he would win this fight in the end and ETH would come crawling back.

At the end of the day what the boss says goes, whether you like it or not. Sure it’s a financial disaster but we are past that point now. If we keep him on his huge wages while he fails to deliver it’s just as bad as selling him at the cut price and saving the weekly wage.

mintyred

All he has to do is apologise then it's over, it's in his hands. This is a dumb take even for Red Cafe.

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
Irrespective of who’s in the right or wrong, the upshot of the situation was that we lost the services of a player who wasn't even getting into the reserves for no sensible reason.

That’s just really, really irrelevant.
FTFY

Rojow

No. He is shit and his attitude it’s all that is wrong in our team.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
The one thing you would say is you have to wonder quite how shit he was/is in training if Martial is still getting games despite looking like he's given up and yet Sancho's effort merited dropping and calling out by the manager.
I reckon that that's part of the problem though, and is probably the only reason I can sympathise with him a bit. He's probably seen a ton of players performing awfully in training and in games, and yet still getting picked, and not getting called out by ten Hag. If he's seen that happening this season and he perceives himself as the only one who has been publicly called out, then it gives him grounds for feeling like he's being singled out. I think there are two issues. One is his level of performance, and the other is the consistency of EtH's public proclamations.

0le

He has had issues at Dortmund and several managers have struggled to manage him. If he wants his career to be remembered well then he needs to apologise and start putting the effort in.

honirelandboy

Ten Hag shouldn’t have change his diapers for him or feed him a warm bottle of milk. Time he he moves on like a lot of our players.

RORY65

I reckon that that's part of the problem though, and is probably the only reason I can sympathise with him a bit. He's probably seen a ton of players performing awfully in training and in games, and yet still getting picked, and not getting called out by ten Hag. If he's seen that happening this season and he perceives himself as the only one who has been publicly called out, then it gives him grounds for feeling like he's being singled out. I think there are two issues. One is his level of performance, and the other is the consistency of EtH's public proclamations.
I'm not sure playing FIFA until 4 in the morning and is the best response though. We obviously don't know what's going on in training, it's entirely possible he did stand out for how bad he was and how little he was trying. It wouldn't be hugely surprising because his performances since he's joined us have been mostly terrible.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
I'm not sure playing FIFA until 4 in the morning and is the best response though. We obviously don't know what's going on in training, it's entirely possible he did stand out for how bad he was and how little he was trying. It wouldn't be hugely surprising because his performances since he's joined us have been mostly terrible.
Yeah, it may just be that he genuinely was the worst trainer, consistently, although it's such a subjective thing, I can see how people would have different interpretations. And clearly something is seriously wrong with his attitude. I do think it highlights a problem though, with calling a player out in public. There's a reason that so few managers do it. ten Hag's hands are now tied a bit, don't you think? He now has to show the same level of criticism across the board, in the same manner, or risk alienating those Utd squad members who want Sancho back in the team. I just don't think it's sensible management in general. But me saying that EtH made an error in the spur of the moment (which I think he did), is very VERY different from me saying he doesn't have a point, and that Sancho should be brought back into the fold. Sancho is clearly done at Utd, and I'd argue he's done at any top club. No manager/owner with an ounce of sense would take a punt on him and commit to the massive wages he's currently on.
The only route out I see is straight to Saudi, or a loan spell at somewhere like Roma, where expectations would be a ton lower, and the pace of the game totally different.

Kostov

He needs to be made an example of. Sadly because I rate him but application and dedication should not be begged for by his superiors.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
No he shouldn't. Had he apologized, different story. And he didn't even have to apologize for what he said. He just had to apologize for speaking out. You can't do that. Whether you like the manager or not, you can't speak out against them. Sancho has no place on our team and should be sold ASAP...

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Said he should be brought back in and got told to sign off the website. We need him back because he's better than Antony and Rashford. It's as simple as that.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Wasn't there a story a while back that Sancho said he would be happy to return under a new manager?

Honestly if the club allow him back under any manager without a clear apology and recognition that he behaved badly then we are basically saying that the players can do whatever they want without consequence. Which to be fair is pretty much how the club has been run the past 10 years.

Stig

Burn this thread and throw it's ashes into the local skip. Crap player, crap attitude. Sell him immediately.
Both Manchester United and Jadon Sancho are pleased that he will return to training with the first team squad on Monday, after having 'amicably resolved their differences"

This adds a few million to his resale value and makes him a much more attractive proposition to interested clubs.

Stig

All he has to do is apologise then it's over, it's in his hands. This is a dumb take even for Red Cafe.
If a car you had paid for kept breaking down would you just chuck it away or patch it up and hope you can pass it on to someother unfortunate sod ?

onemanarmy

Both Manchester United and Jadon Sancho are pleased that he will return to training with the first team squad on Monday, after having 'amicably resolved their differences"

This adds a few million to his resale value and makes him a much more attractive proposition to interested clubs.
Or maybe set an example for every future player coming in not to act like an idiot, underperforming and being lazy, thinking he can get away with it.. That's worth a lot more.

Stig

Or maybe set an example for every future player coming in not to act like an idiot, underperforming and being lazy, thinking he can get away with it.. That's worth a lot more.
After spending 4 months out in the cold, being publicly embarrassed and being put on the 'transfer list'.

fergies coat

Yes that's exactly what we need, let player power win, infact just let the players run the place. He can't even be bothered to turn up for work on time while being paid millions. Feck him!

The Bloody-Nine

Do you think other clubs have 6 second memories?

JediSith

I am not a fan of Sancho, and I think he's lazy and very mediocre but I feel that the time has come when he should now be offered his place back in the squad with the rest of the team.

He and then manager and a minor spat that escalated and has resulted in Sancho being an outcast since August. The punishment has become disproportionate to the crime here and it needs to end. If not, and Sancho doesn't get a move in January then his top flight career could be over. Teams may be wary of taking on a 24 year old who hasn't trained with the squad or played for a fully year, wrecking a young persons career for a tiff simply isn't fair or reasonable.

Secondly from a purely selfish point of view, the club paid around £73 million for an asset, that whilst probably over-valued on purchase, is now just depreciating in value, and will do so, every week he's not training or available for the first team. In pure economic terms it makes sense to bring him back into the fold, never mind.

I realize that he is being stubborn and unreasonable, but so is the manager, and both parties are being damaged so it would be mutually beneficial for someone at the club to put and end to this nonsense and allow both parties to but a positive spin on it.
Nope. A bad run doesn’t mean we abandon the principles that the manager is trying to establish. Especially one such as ending toxic player power. Sometimes you do have to damage your nose a bit for a few months to make your face beautiful for the years to come.

manutddjw

No way man. Get that ungrateful piece of shit out of our club. Keep in mind the “evil” Ten Hag let this prick take half a season off to work on his issues and this is how acts. Feck him.

Superunknown

If he wants to get his place within the squad, he's going to have to earn it. I've seen absolutely nothing from him when he has played this season (or any season for us, for that matter) to suggest he would improve us. The signing has been a massive mistake, and what we don't need to do is add anything lazy, selfish, immature brat to the ones we already have. He can feck right off. Him and his PlayStation.

mikeyt

Lets bring back a player who makes the dressing room even more toxic. Nah I'll pass

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Absolutely not. Only job I'd have him doing is as toilet cleaner after a very strong curry is served in the canteen.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Imagine trousering 100s of thousands of pounds and not even having to do the hard part - performing in front of big crowds.
The guy has it made.

Status
Not open for further replies.