Sancho should be brought back to the first team squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stig

I am not a fan of Sancho, and I think he's lazy and very mediocre but I feel that the time has come when he should now be offered his place back in the squad with the rest of the team.

He and then manager and a minor spat that escalated and has resulted in Sancho being an outcast since August. The punishment has become disproportionate to the crime here and it needs to end. If not, and Sancho doesn't get a move in January then his top flight career could be over. Teams may be wary of taking on a 24 year old who hasn't trained with the squad or played for a fully year, wrecking a young persons career for a tiff simply isn't fair or reasonable.

Secondly from a purely selfish point of view, the club paid around £73 million for an asset, that whilst probably over-valued on purchase, is now just depreciating in value, and will do so, every week he's not training or available for the first team. In pure economic terms it makes sense to bring him back into the fold, never mind.

I realize that he is being stubborn and unreasonable, but so is the manager, and both parties are being damaged so it would be mutually beneficial for someone at the club to put and end to this nonsense and allow both parties to but a positive spin on it.

Castia

Not for me. Would rather sit at home on FIFA than say sorry for being late, by the way its been reported that hes missed multiple training sessions with the U21's

Feck Sancho

Jev

Certainly feels excessive, borderline vindictive, to freeze him out for four months.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
He's not good enough anyway. We could make a case for a very special player where we can slightly bend the bigger than club thing (Ronaldo, Keane, Rooney), but Sancho?

Nah. He need to be made example. He's not very good anyway

Zed 101

Don't see any advantage to bringing Sancho back, we all like to dream of the Halcyon SAF management era... Sancho would have been gone, we wouldn't even contemplate a return

MadMike

It’s hard to care enough about Sancho. He has not performed for Ole, Ragnock or ETH. He has also proven to be lazy while being among the highest if not the highest earner at the club.

Even if ETH is victimising him a bit, Sancho has been an anchor at the club and should get little sympathy from the fans.

AFC NimbleThumb

He’ll go out on loan in January with no option to buy then Ineos/new structure [hopefully] can asses it then.

I certainly wouldn’t sell him cheap in January but he’s not coming back into this squad while EtH is there so let him go play then look at it with a whole new back room staff in place.

Irwin99

The sad thing is I can see EtH probably getting sacked, some new manager will come in, reinstate him to the first team, Sancho will maybe put in a few performances and then suddenly it will all be forgiven and EtH was a monster etc.

Seen it happen with Jose, can see it happening again. Get rid of bad overpaid players or better yet stop signing them.

brother ant

Unless Sancho apologises he can’t be reintroduced to squad now imo. Already getting reports of part of the squad not backing ETH. So ETH would seriously undermine himself if he did.

Sancho is certainly talented and with a better attitude and movement around him could be outstanding. Unfortunately he is rather lazy and has a bad attitude.

El Presidente

Without even apologizing? It's a death sentence for the manager and the culture in the club in general. I'm astounded that there is someone who can even contemplate this.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Children don’t belong in a men‘s game. So maybe let him grow up before letting him back.

arthurka

No he should not, absolutely the right thing to do was to remove him and finding a buyer.

GreatDane

He had his chance, it's way too late now.
Spoiled and not good enough, get rid.

Oldyella

The sad thing is I can see EtH probably getting sacked, some new manager will come in, reinstate him to the first team, Sancho will maybe put in a few performances and then suddenly it will all be forgiven and EtH was a monster etc.

Seen it happen with Jose, can see it happening again. Get rid of bad overpaid players or better yet stop signing them.
And a month later he would be phoning it in for the new manager too.

FerociousCorgis

Certainly feels excessive, borderline vindictive, to freeze him out for four months.
Yeah so vindictive when club tried to support him last year and give him a 3 month vacation to get his mind right only for him to throw a hissy fit this season over the most nothing single comment ever

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
I am not a fan of Sancho, and I think he's lazy and very mediocre but I feel that the time has come when he should now be offered his place back in the squad with the rest of the team.
So if it's not for football input then it's some kind of charity. Which the squad can afford at its current state. Right.

He and then manager and a minor spat that escalated and has resulted in Sancho being an outcast since August. The punishment has become disproportionate to the crime here and it needs to end. If not, and Sancho doesn't get a move in January then his top flight career could be over. Teams may be wary of taking on a 24 year old who hasn't trained with the squad or played for a fully year, wrecking a young persons career for a tiff simply isn't fair or reasonable.
Sounds a bit like the player's problem. Anyway, it could be fixed easily if he just gets a move next month. Let's see if he's willing to do that.

Secondly from a purely selfish point of view, the club paid around £73 million for an asset, that whilst probably over-valued on purchase, is now just depreciating in value, and will do so, every week he's not training or available for the first team. In pure economic terms it makes sense to bring him back into the fold, never mind.
The last two years of performances make a good case on why he won't be necessarily making a case on his high valuation by playing. Anyway, this can also be fixed with a transfer next month.

I realize that he is being stubborn and unreasonable, but so is the manager, and both parties are being damaged so it would be mutually beneficial for someone at the club to put and end to this nonsense and allow both parties to but a positive spin on it.
I don't think the manager is being stubborn or unreasonable. Player doesn't perform well, doesn't train well, doesn't get to training on time, criticizes the manager in social media, won't apologize and/or work harder for the team. The manager is just doing his job at that point. It's debatable whether both parties are being damaged if you take into consideration, again, the player's actual performances.

jasT1981

Absolutely not.In an already heavily under-performing squad the last thing we need is an egotistical man child back, who would rather play fifa than turn up for training on time, in an already toxic locker-room who has not done very much in the 3 seasons he has been here.

RedIan

Hes certainly lazy and ill disciplined. Talented for sure, is he good enough, some saying hes not? Personally id play him over the one trick pony Anthony every time.
I get ETH needs to be strong with discipline but to fully discard a £70million pound asset for being late or not trying is rank poor management of the situation.

RVN1991

Don't see the benefit at all of bringing him back. Let him rot in the reserves until we can get rid permanently.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Nah. He’s done, man. Probably a few failed loans before a permanent move bouncing around leagues for money

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
In refusing to apologise he's shown he's the type of personality that we don't want at the club. Barring a complete 180 in his attitude, I'd like him sold ASAP even if he apologises.

Judas

Open to offers
He got special treatment last year and totally made his own bed this season. He knows what he must do to come back and it’s not even remotely unreasonable.

dogrob

Just Watching The Wheels Go Round And Round
Dont understand this type of thinking regarding bringing him back in the first team, he has it in his own hands to do this by apologising and if the reports that he has missed training are true with a variety of reasons then he has done nothing to expect this. Its about time that at United the players are finally brought down to reality and are shown that player power doesnt rule the roost.

Fridge chutney

Children don’t belong in a men‘s game. So maybe let him grow up before letting him back.
Well said. He's petulant and entitled.

He got special treatment last year and totally made his own bed this season. He knows what he must do to come back and it’s not even remotely unreasonable.
Completely forgot about that. We should honestly cut our losses and get rid.

Absolutely not

He’ll do whatever he can to fight for the club and badge or fans or whatever bullshit he tweeted out before deleting

He’ll do everything he can but admit he was wrong, apologise and start with a clean slate

Lee565

It has been handled terribly, ten hag should have penalised him behind close doors with fine/drop from squad for a few weeks, not made it public, he has increasingly gone into mourinho territory of alienating players and will only work if things are going well on the pitch which it is not in anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.