Sancho should be brought back to the first team squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiriticon

He's shit, so no. Just sell.

I would bring him back if he guaranteed 30 goals and assists. But no, he's shit.

Bwuk

I think people like the idea of Sancho, more than the reality.

He's been absolutely shite since he signed 2 and a half seasons ago.

Jev

He refuses to apologise to the manager. He’s doing this to himself, or do you think Erik should back down and undermine himself with the rest of the squad?
None of us know even half the story but from the little information we do have, it looks to me like they’re both proud and stubborn and could have done more to prevent this escalation. Sancho obviously went too far but Ten Hag climbed pretty high up his tree by making this de facto suspension indefinite. He could have internally banned Sancho for a month or even two but instead he chose a route he can’t possibly back down from without undermining himself.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
None of us know even half the story but from the little information we do have, it looks to me like they’re both proud and stubborn and could have done more to prevent this escalation. Sancho obviously went too far but Ten Hag climbed pretty high up his tree by making this de facto suspension indefinite. He could have internally banned Sancho for a month or even two but instead he chose a route he can’t possibly back down from without undermining himself.
That should highlight how important squad discipline is to the manager. If we need to make an example of Sancho then so be it.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
There are ZERO reasons to allow Sancho back, ZERO. It would be a horrible decision.

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
He has had issues at Dortmund and several managers have struggled to manage him. If he wants his career to be remembered well then he needs to apologise and start putting the effort in.
Read somewhere that Terzic regularly tore his hair out over Sancho’s unprofessional behaviour at bvb.

They’d have continuous management team meetings over how to manage his perpetual lateness to training, refusal to get a good night’s sleep due to video gaming sessions, habitual unscheduled private flights abroad for 2-3 days at a time to attend parties etc etc.

Terzic was apparently reduced to having to give one of his coaches the full time job of waking Sancho up in the mornings and bringing him to training on time.

Bizarre that someone in the united transfer team thought this would be a risk-free spend of £73m. He’s only doing now what he’s done all his career.

siw2007

He is very talented but it is pretty established that he doesn’t have the necessary professionalism to realise his potential. It is up to Sancho to show maturity and turn his career around.

The issue is that United would never get a transfer fee that would suit us at this stage. Very few clubs can afford his wages whether they sign him or loan him from us.

glasgow 21

The actual goal is to get rid of the A holes, not bring them back again and again and again hoping for a different outcome.

Gordon S

How hard could it be to whip him into submission? To talk to him and get his head straight?
We pay the players insane money and it feels like the club has no power over them whatsoever.
So if a player on 300k just decides to sit out his 5 year contract, there is nothing we can do.

Pes6Monster

Sancho cannot return.

I agree EtH committed a huge mistake in revealing to media his reasons, but Sancho using social media to refute him is incredibly poor. Was given time off to deal with personal issues and a fair few chances to deliver, all failed.

He is not good enough to return.

I've been wrong on countless occasions, mind.

Morpheus 7

People wonder why standards are on the floor, to consider bringing him back is ludicrous. To get a good mentality you have to change a bad one, tonnes need booted out.

davidmichael

This is his third season and other than scoring against Liverpool last season I honestly couldn’t tell you a single thing that Sancho has done that’s stuck out in my mind, pound for pound is honestly up there with our worst signings ever.

Zero pace, zero strength, gutless in the tackle, slow, always late for training and has been shocking under three different managers with three different management styles not to mention he had the Dortmund manager and Southgate both say things about his time keeping and attitude so it’s not a new thing.

In an ideal world Dortmund or a Saudi club come in for him in January and he can coast along out of the spotlight which is clearly what he wants to do, Sancho simply isn’t a PL standard player or at least not a top half of the table player.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
No.

Least of all because he’s shit and won’t make a difference to our current predicament. But he is and he won’t.

Coxy

OP - your opening post explains exactly why we shouldn’t…

fallengt

He had two good games for United, against Chelsea and Liverpool. Under 4 fecking managers
why does he deserve superstar treatment again?

Just apologize behind closed door, Sancho mate. Nobody gives a shit about your fragile ego like you think they would.

TsuWave

Not for me. Would rather sit at home on FIFA than say sorry for being late
His issue wasn't saying sorry for being late. His issue was the manager said he didn't train well - and he didn't think that was reflective of reality and the same standards aren't being applied across the squad

It's important to not distort these things - for objectivity's sake - even if you couldn't care less about Sancho

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Either bring him back or sell him immediately. No point in paying him 350k per week to stay him and play PS5.

KeanoMagicHat

People really underrate Sancho’s talent, he is more than good enough to return ahead of 0 goals 0 assists season, 2% shot success rate Antony. It hasn't worked out for Sancho at United so far but I really would not be surprised if he left United and had a far better career than any of our current forwards.

He has 23 caps for England, twice Bundesliga team of the years. If you make a massive investment in a player and make him top paid player at the club then you should be trying everything in your power to get him on side. It’s just a waste of everyone’s time otherwise.

Judas

Open to offers
People really underrate Sancho’s talent, he is more than good enough to return ahead of 0 goals 0 assists season, 2% shot success rate Antony. It hasn't worked out for Sancho at United so far but I really would not be surprised if he left United and had a far better career than any of our current forwards.

He has 23 caps for England, twice Bundesliga team of the years. If you make a massive investment in a player and make him top paid player at the club then you should be trying everything in your power to get him on side. It’s just a waste of everyone’s time otherwise.
Shouldn't he too be putting in the same level of effort, when he evidently....isn't?

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Absolutely do not agree with any decision to bring him back. It’s mental.

redmanx

Sancho has failed to perform consistently since we signed him; Ole went out on a limb to get him but Sancho let him down, as he did Rangnick and ETH; hes had enough chances and is becoming just another deadweight like Phil Jones was and Martial is. Sancho cannot be trusted.

Widow

Antony isn't good enough either but at least he gives it his all. Sancho minces around the place with an air of entitlement and a woes me attitude, feck him!

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Even if Sancho was completely in the right, which he's not, surely at some point your professional pride takes over and you just suck it up and apologise, even if you don't mean it. It shows everything you need to know about the player that he's willing to just waste a chunk of his career away over something so petty. You can almost understand it for a week or two, player ego and all that but this is over three months now.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Children don’t belong in a men‘s game. So maybe let him grow up before letting him back.
Maybe stop trying to treat grown men like children. The apology, at this point, is a nonsense...

redmanx

Shouldn't he too be putting in the same level of effort, when he evidently....isn't?
Since Sir Alex retired we've had far too many lazy self centered, selfish players like Pogba, Rashford, Lingard, Alexi Sanchez and Angel Di Maria who all believed they were bigger than the Club, and Sancho is just one more.

ColvaleGoa

I am not a fan of Sancho, and I think he's lazy and very mediocre but I feel that the time has come when he should now be offered his place back in the squad with the rest of the team.

He and then manager and a minor spat that escalated and has resulted in Sancho being an outcast since August. The punishment has become disproportionate to the crime here and it needs to end. If not, and Sancho doesn't get a move in January then his top flight career could be over. Teams may be wary of taking on a 24 year old who hasn't trained with the squad or played for a fully year, wrecking a young persons career for a tiff simply isn't fair or reasonable.

Secondly from a purely selfish point of view, the club paid around £73 million for an asset, that whilst probably over-valued on purchase, is now just depreciating in value, and will do so, every week he's not training or available for the first team. In pure economic terms it makes sense to bring him back into the fold, never mind.

I realize that he is being stubborn and unreasonable, but so is the manager, and both parties are being damaged so it would be mutually beneficial for someone at the club to put and end to this nonsense and allow both parties to but a positive spin on it.
Are you Rashford?

Jokes aside this would seriously undermine any authority EtH has. Also Sancho is not good enough. He didn't show anything before his ban what trees is he going to uproot when he comes back?

Stig

Question for a lawyer.

When football clubs freeze players out why isn't it constructive dismissal, making them free agents ?

Status
Not open for further replies.