Sandro Tonali | Signs for Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Yeah agreed with the last bit - doubt they’ll be leaving. Good options in the Italian midfield, even though Verratti remains by far my favorite - albeit he’s way too injury prone.
We probably should move this discussion out of this thread as it's getting a bit unrelated :lol:

But yeah verrati is world class, just oozes it
Shame he spent(or maybe i should say wasted) his career over at psg as they always seemed to be in disarray in his time with them , he might have been considered one of the all time greats had he moved elsewhere.

Red_toad

Being linked to La Arse, be a good plan B to De Jong. Surprised we’re not in for him as scouted him a fair bit.

Gibb11

Not sure he's realy all that, had a decent season tbf but his debut season for milan he was poor. Has a good determination and spirit about him though

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
1. Thread of a random player I don't even want gets bumped
2. I get a rush of excitement and convince myself in a matter of seconds that he is the answer to all of our problems
3. Energy courses through my veins as I enter the thread, I'm bursting with expectations
4. We're not even linked with him
5. I leave thread angry and confused
6. Repeat

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I wish people would stop bumping every transfer thread while we're so desperate for players.

It's just Tonali deaf.

Abraxas

Never played well when I've seen him. Always kept an eye out as he's one of those names that been floating around forever as the next big Italian midfield talent.

Rolaholic

Would be a terrific buy for them but he's worth more around 70m and he loves Milan so not sure he'd leave. He's earmarked as a future captain.

Kind of wish we'd abandon the Mount pursue and kick the tires on the likes of him and Barella instead if there's any chance they'd be willing to leave.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
I love Italian midfielders but trying to think off the top of my head if there has been many that have played in the Premier league and been successful?

Di Matteo was a success

Jorginho could be argued has been a success

Who am I missing?

prateik

Weren't they signing Barella for the same amount last week?
Looks like they have 50m to spend and are looking for a midfielder..

Doubt Milan accept that.. who knows.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I love Italian midfielders but trying to think off the top of my head if there has been many that have played in the Premier league and been successful?

Di Matteo was a success

Who am I missing?
Di Matteo?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Tonali hasn't been very good this season, I thought? He's certainly not lived up to his hype thus far.

Rolaholic

Di Matteo was a success

Who am I missing?
The best ones, and Italian players in general, typically rarely ever play in England so we don't exactly have a large sample size to work with

Rolaholic

Tonali hasn't been very good this season, I thought? He's certainly not lived up to his hype thus far.
He played a big role in them reaching the UCL Semi tbf, he was great in Europe and had a solid individual season domestically while the squad fell a level.

For the position he plays he's one of the best creative types around and is as skilled technically as an Enzo Fernandez. He created more big chances than fecking De Bruyne in the CL.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

Di Matteo was a success

Who am I missing?
Gattuso did pretty well on loan at Rangers as a youngster I think if that counts.

I also would have loved to see Daniele De Rossi at United, I was sure that would be a success if we could have made it work but we'll never know now unfortunately. Bit a tenuous one, Simone Perrotta was born in England, does the U6 league count? :D

In terms of midfielders who weren't good Alberto Aquilani has to be up there.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He played a big role in them reaching the UCL Semi tbf, he was great in Europe and had a solid individual season domestically while the squad fell a level.

For the position he plays he's one of the best creative types around and is as skilled technically as an Enzo Fernandez. He created more big chances than fecking De Bruyne in the CL.
Fair enough, I don't think the stats particularly bear out your second sentence, but I've only seem very limited games and I wasn't too fussed.

Red the Bear

Something less generic

Di Matteo was a success

Who am I missing?
They didn't really need to move around in them olden times seeing how their league was be all end all of Europe.

That clearly is not the case anymore and accordingly we should start seeing more premium italian talents moving abroad (although there's less of them nowadays).

mancsarered

This will be looked at as the first signing of the serious Newcastle era if they build on this and start winning things.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Clearly seen sense and are not trying to compete for the league and in the CL by signing Scott fecking McTominay. We need to get some cash off West Ham and drop our price if need be.

Chief123

This will be looked at as the first signing of the serious Newcastle era if they build on this and start winning things.
I see where you’re coming from although I’d say Isak and even Bruno were probably the start but yes this is probably the first time they are flexing their muscle with higher expectations on them.

RVN1991

From the little i've watched from him he strikes me as one of those young players that gets overrated because he's good on Fifa and FM. Haven't seen much mind you but never really been all that impressed as opposed to someone like Bennacer who oozes quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.