Sandro Tonali | Signs for Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Milan fans must be absolutely digusted. Maignan, Hernandez and Leao will try to get out of there next summer

Rolaholic

Milan fans must be absolutely digusted. Maignan, Hernandez and Leao will try to get out of there next summer
They really shot themselves in the foot with the way they handled the Maldini stuff, he was a big reason some of their best players committed their futures to them in recent years

Chairman Steve

Italians in the Premier League rarely work out.

For every Zola, there’s a Darmian, Aquiliani, Bianchi and Dossena.

Wrecking ralf

Why on earth aren’t we after him if he’s actually available. He’d be a brilliant signing

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Who the hell are we going to sell McTominay to now?

BarryWinks

Why on earth aren’t we after him if he’s actually available. He’d be a brilliant signing
Like clockwork..

Shame we missed our window to flog McTominay off to them in January. Is why I hate the idea of us keeping players we don't have long-term plans for.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Isn’t he the kind of midfielder we need - deep lying playmaker of sorts? Newcastle’s midfield is looking impressive.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Good player but not great. I’m usually quite underwhelmed by him

Blood Mage

PL is basically a Super League already. If we don't get Qatar as our owners we will fall massively behind I reckon.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
If this was in the pipeline for a while, you have to wonder if this is one of the reasons Maldini had a feud with the board and ended up with the sack.

MUFC OK

Isn’t he the kind of midfielder we need - deep lying playmaker of sorts? Newcastle’s midfield is looking impressive.
Yep. It’s why their owners know what they are doing and why they have got CL football already. Games are won and lost in the midfield, United only finally cottoned when ETH joined.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
People only want him because he is Italian and he has long hair so they think he is like Pirlo. He's reaaalllly average. It's an outrageous fee. Maybe I'll be proven wrong but I don't think he becomes more than a squad player for them, just like Gordon.

Hell just look at his fbref profile. Painfully average. Well below average in touches, pass accuracy, # of passes, progressive passes, passes into final third... In fact the only aspect he stands out in in any above average way is set piece related things. Where they have Trippier. Happily miss out on him.

MUFC OK

PL is basically a Super League already. If we don't get Qatar as our owners we will fall massively behind I reckon.
Definitely, even the likes of villa having emery and going for Joao Felix tells a story.

Lentwood

I have never seen him play and I hadn't heard of him until a tabloid newspaper linked us with him but I am furious that we aren't signing him!

I just want us to sign every single player in the World, is that too much to ask for?

bosnian_red

Nah. Tonali literally doesn't excel at anything other than some set piece delivery stuff. Very average player. He won't displace Joelinton or Willock alongside Bruno for them. Maddison would be a very good signing, barella would be class... Tonali? Average as hell.

marktan

He's an engine for Milan, a bit similar to someone like Fred when he's good. It's a good deal for Newcastle since they already have Bruno G who is the creative outlet in the team. Overpriced for what he is, but paying more for what he means to Milan.

Sucks for Milan fans though. He's important for them and they've already lost key midfielders like Kessie and Conouhlou with not much in the way of replacements. I think Leao signing that long contract extension will come back to haunt him, he's too nice of a guy for his own good.

OmarUnited4ever

So the Barella news weren't truthful or Newcastle actually attempted to make an offer and were told not to bother.

Rolaholic

He's an engine for Milan, a bit similar to someone like Fred when he's good. It's a good deal for Newcastle since they already have Bruno G who is the creative outlet in the team. Overpriced for what he is, but paying more for what he means to Milan.

Sucks for Milan fans though. He's important for them and they've already lost key midfielders like Kessie and Conouhlou with not much in the way of replacements. I think Leao signing that long contract extension will come back to haunt him, he's too nice of a guy for his own good.
Yea I won't be surprised if Leao pushes for a move after next season, Maldini was the main man behind him signing off on a new contract with them and they sacked him literally days after announcing his deal.

He'll have his fair share of suitors amongst Europe's elite as well

bosnian_red

So some stats on him:
  • 32nd percentile in tackles and interceptions
  • 46th percentile in touches
  • 13th percentile in successful take on %
  • 75th percentile progressive carries (decent)
  • 88th percentile dispossessed (good, doesn't lose it often through bad touches)
  • 28th percentile in carries - doesn't run with it much
  • 24th percentile aerial success rate
  • 13th percentile pass completion
  • 50th percentile passes attempted
  • 37th percentile passes into final third
  • 46th percentile progressive passes
  • 44th percentile xG
  • 46th percentile shots total
  • 57th percentile Shot creating action (live)
  • 87th percentile shot creation action (dead)

That pretty much summarizes his (open play) stats. He's got 80's and 90's for stuff involved with set piece delivery where he gets a good chunk of assists/key passes. Basically - he's Italian James Ward Prowse who is a below average midfielder apart from set pieces. Keep in mind that stats like those above are stats that Guimaraes fecking dominated in Ligue 1, in the 90s for the majority of them. Stats aren't everything - but I promise you that a good player is never going to look that shit and be entirely underused by his club. They will stand out in some way in the numbers. Defensive stats are hard to catch sometimes, on the ball you can always find. Those are worse than Van de Beek numbers before he came here, and for him the stats people were pretty consistent in saying "what does VdB do" before we signed him.

bosnian_red

Mount is a far superior player, 1 year older, proven sigh much better performances in the Prem while Tonali has looked mediocre in a slow league like Serie A. So I don't want to see anybody praising them while criticizing us here :lol:

zaafi

So some stats on him:
  • 32nd percentile in tackles and interceptions
  • 46th percentile in touches
  • 13th percentile in successful take on %
  • 75th percentile progressive carries (decent)
  • 88th percentile dispossessed (good, doesn't lose it often through bad touches)
  • 28th percentile in carries - doesn't run with it much
  • 24th percentile aerial success rate
  • 13th percentile pass completion
  • 50th percentile passes attempted
  • 37th percentile passes into final third
  • 46th percentile progressive passes
  • 44th percentile xG
  • 46th percentile shots total
  • 57th percentile Shot creating action (live)
  • 87th percentile shot creation action (dead)

That pretty much summarizes his (open play) stats. He's got 80's and 90's for stuff involved with set piece delivery where he gets a good chunk of assists/key passes. Basically - he's Italian James Ward Prowse who is a below average midfielder apart from set pieces. Keep in mind that stats like those above are stats that Guimaraes fecking dominated in Ligue 1, in the 90s for the majority of them. Stats aren't everything - but I promise you that a good player is never going to look that shit and be entirely underused by his club. They will stand out in some way in the numbers. Defensive stats are hard to catch sometimes, on the ball you can always find. Those are worse than Van de Beek numbers before he came here, and for him the stats people were pretty consistent in saying "what does VdB do" before we signed him.
The bolded bit is going to come back and bite you in the ass :lol: I'll be tagging you when it inevitably does!

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Mount is a far superior player, 1 year older, proven sigh much better performances in the Prem while Tonali has looked mediocre in a slow league like Serie A. So I don't want to see anybody praising them while criticizing us here :lol:
If they get praised it’s because they’re signing players unlike us… that’s the only reason.

marktan

Yea I won't be surprised if Leao pushes for a move after next season, Maldini was the main man behind him signing off on a new contract with them and they sacked him literally days after announcing his deal.

He'll have his fair share of suitors amongst Europe's elite as well
Problem is he's in the Kane zone now, long contract until 2028 and no reason for Milan to sell. No idea why he didn't wind the contact down and secure the bag himself.

bosnian_red

The bolded bit is going to come back and bite you in the ass :lol: I'll be tagging you when it inevitably does!
He's gonna be a bench player for them is my guess. Id much rather see them spunk their budget on him than one of the many other available quality players they could have gone for at that fee.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Has he not kicked on? Was touted as a major talent.
he’s not the Pirlo people thought he was like, he’s more Gattuso. He’ll run around but he doesn’t excel in anything. Good for a workhorse side though but not for a team at the top end of football

Status
Not open for further replies.