Sandro Tonali | Signs for Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

redIndianDevil

I thought he was the next big thing, I assumed that he must be doing well since Milan won the Serie A and performed well in the CL. I'm surprised to see the comments that he is just above average, I was a bit jealous that newcastle were signing good players. Hope this doesn't turn out to be like when they signed Guimaraes and Isak under the radar.

nufc-forever

Supports
newcastle
I thought he was the next big thing, I assumed that he must be doing well since Milan won the Serie A and performed well in the CL. I'm surprised to see the comments that he is just above average, I was a bit jealous that newcastle were signing good players. Hope this doesn't turn out to be like when they signed Guimaraes and Isak under the radar.
the bad comments are from people who never saw him play and only looked at his stats.

he is exactly what we need

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
They're massively overpaying for him. Bruno is much better and they spent less than half of what they'll spend on Tonali for him.

romufc

Neither Isaak or Guimaraes were under the radar, Arsenal were interested in both. Tonali has been rated highly on FM but he hasn't done much to say he is worth 70m yet.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
To be fair to Newcastle, pretty much everyone they've signed since the takeover has done quite well.

I always thought Tonali's profile as a player was wasted in Serie A. Not sure about the fee though.

nufc-forever

Supports
newcastle
They're massively overpaying for him. Bruno is much better and they spent less than half of what they'll spend on Tonali for him.
guimaraes cost 40m pounds and tonali about 60m pounds

i understand some people don’t rate him butit is not needed to add 30m pounds just for fun

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
guimaraes cost 40m pounds and tonali about 60m pounds

i understand some people don’t rate him butit is not needed to add 30m pounds just for fun
Depends which fee is right. If the 70/75m euros fee is right then yeah but if its the 80-90m euros fee it's about half. I mixed the euros/pounds up initially. Gets irritating when different sites use different metrics or the same sites chop and change with it!

Pintu

Milan is (currently at least) a richer club than Lyon. They wouldn’t considet a normal offer for Tonali. You have to overpay to get him…. Declan Rice will cost double this inflated Tonali price, simply because West Ham can afford to reject the more reasonable offers…

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Milan is (currently at least) a richer club than Lyon. They wouldn’t considet a normal offer for Tonali. You have to overpay to get him…. Declan Rice will cost double this inflated Tonali price, simply because West Ham can afford to reject the more reasonable offers…
My point is that he's not worth this overly inflated fee. There is better value in the market (lol).

El Jefe

I'll be honest if you take away the hype of being called the new Pirlo when he came through and judge on his actual performances, he's really not all that.

I haven't watched with that many times but he's never struck me as a player with crazy talent or potential.

Pintu

I'll be honest if you take away the hype of being called the new Pirlo when he came through and judge on his actual performances, he's really not all that.
That was always a ridiculous nickname… He is probably more like Ambrosini than any other Milan midfielder from that period.

Pintu

My point is that he's not worth this overly inflated fee. There is better value in the market (lol).
I agree with you Just commenting the dynamics of the market and the comparison with Bruno. Bruno is the better player…But Lyon simply couldn’t afford to wait.

Il_Cecchino

Supports
Hellas Verona
Good player. But also overrated: he is a 40m player. Never, never he is worth 70m.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Benito Carbone....
Yeah I thought about Carbone, but remember him more as an attacking type player.

Some great attackers such Di Canio Zola, Ravenelli have played here but Italian mids and defenders seem to enjoy their homeland more.

redIndianDevil

Neither Isaak or Guimaraes were under the radar, Arsenal were interested in both. Tonali has been rated highly on FM but he hasn't done much to say he is worth 70m yet.
All clubs are “interested” in players. It’s like Wenger saying he could have signed Messi. Everyone’s is interested in Rice but only Arsenal have been bidding and look serious for now. Newcastle signed them quickly without a bidding war or competition from any of the big clubs, that’s under the radar to me.

romufc

All clubs are “interested” in players. It’s like Wenger saying he could have signed Messi. Everyone’s is interested in Rice but only Arsenal have been bidding and look serious for now. Newcastle signed them quickly without a bidding war or competition from any of the big clubs, that’s under the radar to me.
I think you will note that reputable journalists have said City are going for Rice, so its not only Arsenal.

Arsenal walked away Isaac because they spent 75m on him.

redIndianDevil

I think you will note that reputable journalists have said City are going for Rice, so its not only Arsenal.

Arsenal walked away Isaac because they spent 75m on him.
I clearly said so far in regards to Rice. City have just entered the race meaning that Arsenal/City signing Rice would no longer be under the radar. Exact opposite happened in Isak or Guimaraes transfers. They swiftly got the deals done without CL.

romufc

I clearly said so far in regards to Rice. City have just entered the race meaning that Arsenal/City signing Rice would no longer be under the radar. Exact opposite happened in Isak or Guimaraes transfers. They swiftly got the deals done without CL.
If you pay the money, anyone can get the deal done. The fact that Arsenal did not want to spend £76m on Isaac is why they didnt bid.

Unlike us, some clubs actually walk away from transfers when they feel the price is too high.

redIndianDevil

If you pay the money, anyone can get the deal done. The fact that Arsenal did not want to spend £76m on Isaac is why they didnt bid.

Unlike us, some clubs actually walk away from transfers when they feel the price is too high.
They got good deals. A midfielder like Guimaraes will go for 80m right now. Strikers are even more in demand.

redIndianDevil

How is Isaac a good deal? They got a good deal on Bruno but £76m for Isak is a good deal?
Transkermarkt says he moved for 70m euros which is 60m pounds. We are discussion to sign a similar striker for similar price. The fact that Isak fit into their team nicely and has been a success in his first season makes that a good deal.

the_box

Supports
Newcastle United
How is Isaac a good deal? They got a good deal on Bruno but £76m for Isak is a good deal?
It was €70m / £60m and given the returns in a first season where he wasn't playing in his main position because Callum Wilson was on fire, yeah it was a good deal. He's going to be phenomenal in a years time.

Tonali I'm less than 100% sold on. But he'll unlock Bruno to move further up which should be to everyone's benefit. People think of Bruno as a DM just because he puts in the ugly work, but that's just because he's a ridiculously good player who's able to do it. We'll get so much more out of him if he can play 10-15 yards further up the pitch.

romufc

It was €70m / £60m and given the returns in a first season where he wasn't playing in his main position because Callum Wilson was on fire, yeah it was a good deal. He's going to be phenomenal in a years time.

Tonali I'm less than 100% sold on. But he'll unlock Bruno to move further up which should be to everyone's benefit. People think of Bruno as a DM just because he puts in the ugly work, but that's just because he's a ridiculously good player who's able to do it. We'll get so much more out of him if he can play 10-15 yards further up the pitch.
Regardless, it was not as if Isak was a steal, lets be honest. Bruno on the other hand, I agree was a very good deal. He is probably one of the best Cm's in the premier league, I agree with everything you say about him.

He can play DM, CM and as a 10 because he has the pass and does not lose the ball.

Will Tonali for 70m be a steal? I dont think so, a steal would be 40m

romufc

Transkermarkt says he moved for 70m euros which is 60m pounds. We are discussion to sign a similar striker for similar price. The fact that Isak fit into their team nicely and has been a success in his first season makes that a good deal.
If we sign Hojlund for that price, no one will say its a good deal or a steal, they will say what it is... United over paying again.

zaafi

Regardless, it was not as if Isak was a steal, lets be honest. Bruno on the other hand, I agree was a very good deal. He is probably one of the best Cm's in the premier league, I agree with everything you say about him.

He can play DM, CM and as a 10 because he has the pass and does not lose the ball.

Will Tonali for 70m be a steal? I dont think so, a steal would be 40m
What? :lol:

romufc

It means he is secure on the ball... he passes it to a team mate, even under pressure. I didnt think I would have to explain what secure on the ball means in a football forum :lol: :lol:

romufc

I knew what you meant, but he absolutely isn't secure on the ball. He actually loses it quite often with dumb passes and flicks he can't pull off consistently enough to make it worth even attempting it. You don't think it's obvious why he never attempts to take players on? Because he's not secure with it.
I have no idea what you are on about, clearly you have not watched him play. Once you do, you will see my point stands.

My guesses are you are commenting on a post without context.

zaafi

I have no idea what you are on about, clearly you have not watched him play. Once you do, you will see my point stands.

My guesses are you are commenting on a post without context.
Yeah, clearly I haven't watched Bruno Fernandes play. :lol:

I mean, you're the one that said he can play DM ffs

Edit; Hahah, sorry. That's embarrassing. In my eyes there is only one Bruno.

romufc

Yeah, clearly I haven't watched Bruno Fernandes play. :lol:

I mean, you're the one that said he can play DM ffs

Edit; Hahah, sorry. That's embarrassing.
I was refering to Bruno G at Newcastle.

I know Bruno Fernandes is not secure on the ball...he is anything but.

zaafi

I was refering to Bruno G at Newcastle.

I know Bruno Fernandes is not secure on the ball...he is anything but.
Yeah, apologies. I just saw Bruno and thought "what the feck is he on" :lol:

I totally agree, though. Guimaraes is a top CM. Really wish we had bought him instead.

romufc

Yeah, apologies. I just saw Bruno and thought "what the feck is he on" :lol:

I totally agree, though. Guimaraes is a top CM. Really wish we had bought him instead.
Yep, he goes under the radar but I would say he is in the top 5 midfielders in the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.