Sandro Tonali - The new Pirlo?

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Recently found about about this lad and have seen a couple of Videos on him since then. Granted I have yet to see an actual game from the kid he looks quite the talent. His hair and body frame and the fact they both started out at Brescia aren't the only thing to mimic Pirlo its his style of play and passing ability which will look all too familiar to those who have watched Pirlo Play.

He seems to have good close control and an eye for a pass. Great long passing and short passing but his shot can use some work though he is only 18. From what I have seen looks the real deal I am curious what any Italian folks who follow Serie B have to say about him. By doing a quick search I have seen that both Juventus and Chelsea shockingly have been linked to him but anyways here is a video for those interested.

Also a more descriptive article at the bottom.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...i-we-profile-the-teenager-linked-with-chelsea

luke511

The more playmakers the better, he looks a good player for his age. I'd rather us give Pereira a chance personally though.

SportingCP96

Supports
The more playmakers the better, he looks a good player for his age. I'd rather us give Pereira a chance personally though.
He reminds me exactly of Pirlo deep lying playmaker just strolling the pitch and then pinging 50 yard balls spreading the play. You can see the kid has real quality.

SportingCP96

Supports
Looks like he has a decent enough shot from the video.
I think its his "weak" point but like I said I have never actually seen him play. He actually just got called up for the national team by Mancini as well so will keep some tabs on him.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Verrati should be the new Pirlo, hasn't quite reached those heights in his career so far.

Kostov

What is the story with this guy? Only 18 and very highly rated. I've seen him linked with Liverpool today. I think we should be interested as an alternative to whoever is planned for the DMF addition this summer. (hopefully it's Ruben Neves :D)

Stacks

What is the story with this guy? Only 18 and very highly rated. I've seen him linked with Liverpool today. I think we should be interested as an alternative to whoever is planned for the DMF addition this summer. (hopefully it's Ruben Neves :D)
From his highlights he looks class simply because for an 18 year old to have that confidence, responsibilty and passing variety is terrific. Obviously he'll get much better so imagine in a team surrounded by top players? My only fear is the pace of the prem

Web of Bissaka

Not a fan of hyping young players associating them with this moniker "New (insert a legend/great player name)".
Let them grow and be their own type of player.

I get what OP is saying though. So this isn't pointing to OP, plenty I see hype young players to this extent more often than not.

Anyhow, just for fun.
:DPirlo regen?

poleglass red

great video that. I'm not usually one for these highlight reels but he looks the business. The best thing I liked about those highlights was his weight of pass. To seemingly have command of that at, at such a young age is golden.

SportingCP96

Supports
The fantastic Scout Nation with another brilliant video this time on this stud. This kid has world class written all over him he is literally a Pirlo regen.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Best thing for him is to continue to stay where he is and get consistent play time. That position is one of those that really needs consistent football, especially at such a young age. Very few deep lying midfielders at the top level because you need the right environment - e.g. Neves with Nuno.

SportingCP96

Supports
Best thing for him is to continue to stay where he is and get consistent play time. That position is one of those that really needs consistent football, especially at such a young age. Very few deep lying midfielders at the top level because you need the right environment - e.g. Neves with Nuno.
I wonder if a club like AC Milan who have been buying young talent and have no pressure to succeed would be a good fit for him. He for sure modeled his game from Pirlo.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Verratti moved to PSG at a similar age, if we get a DoF in and he thinks his style will fit then we should go for him now, no point waiting until everyone goes after him.

SportingCP96

Supports
Verratti moved to PSG at a similar age, if we get a DoF in and he thinks his style will fit then we should go for him now, no point waiting until everyone goes after him.
The good thing as well is he is not getting a lot of exposure so he is a rather "unknown" talent unlike say Felix who gets exposure plus he plays for a big European club. Tonali plays for little Brescia I reckon United can lowball them for 15M.

Fosu-Mens

The good thing as well is he is not getting a lot of exposure so he is a rather "unknown" talent unlike say Felix who gets exposure plus he plays for a big European club. Tonali plays for little Brescia I reckon United can lowball them for 15M.
He is "known" in Italy, and been linked with big clubs by various sources. I'm fairly certain a number of top clubs are aware of him.

Walters_19_MuFc

Know him because of fifa. Think he has a potential of around 90. Is he that good?
From the comments and Pirlo label, I take it he's more of a deep-lying playmaker rather than a destroyer?

SportingCP96

Supports
D
Know him because of fifa. Think he has a potential of around 90. Is he that good?
From the comments and Pirlo label, I take it he's more of a deep-lying playmaker rather than a destroyer?
Deep lying playmaker in the mold of Pirlo and say a Verrati.

SportingCP96

Supports
He is "known" in Italy, and been linked with big clubs by various sources. I'm fairly certain a number of top clubs are aware of him.
I have no doubt many clubs are in for him but I dont think he will cost a large fee. 15M to 20M is simply money Brescia can not deny and in todays market that is a mastic steal.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Which would be a no brainer of a deal, United should go back to buying hungry players, haven't seen him live but hopefully our scouts have.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Would love it if we are looking at him. Having an Italian pal is handy for hearing about these lads, but I've not seen a single link to us. The only issue with him would be we'd basically block Garner's chances and we seem to rate Scott for Matic's role.

SparkedIntoLife

Seems an excellent prospect. Italy have some exciting central midfielders at the moment with him, Zaniolo, Barella, Pellegrini and Verratti/Jorginho a bit older. With Fellaini gone, Pereira's contract expiring soon and Fred not looking anywhere near a United player, we could be in for 2 CMs this Summer. Would love it if Tonali was one of them as Matic's long term successor and Barella challenging Herrera.

As for James Garner, a lot of people think he'll end up as a central defender long term.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
He will probably end up at one of the big Italian clubs. Verratti only ended up in PSG because of Leonardo.

SAFMUTD

Has 90 potential in Fifa LETS GO FOR IT! Buy and loan back for 2 years.

quackattack

We've had a bit of a rough story with Italians, but why not. He can't be worse than Pereira?

Suedesi

Err, no dude.

He's apparently in Juve's list targets supposedly for 20 million, so Man Utd would have to offer significantly more to entice him to leave Italy - and frankly I think he'd be more suited to Serie A than the PL so he should stay there.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Pogba = Zidane regen
Tonali = Pirlo regen
Zidane and Pirlo I always wanted those guys playing for us.
We already have Martial = Henry regen and Greenwood = Van Persie regen. Lets keep stacking 'em

Boy clearly has talent and suited specialities for what we lack in midfield. Get him young and mould him into what we want.

Suedesi

Pogba = Zidane regen
Tonali = Pirlo regen
We already have Martial = Henry regen and Greenwood = Van Persie regen. Lets keep stacking 'em

Boy clearly has talent and suited specialities for what we lack in midfield. Get him young and mould him into what we want.
Why would he go to Bournemouth when Juve wants him?

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Why would he go to Bournemouth when Juve wants him?
I was talking about him coming to Man Utd. Not that you were to know that unless you assumed. Point being, if Juve or any big Italian team gets him we'll probably never get him.

NoPace

Based on nothing, I bet Roma buys him. Monchi likes youth, they trotted out a 62 year old De Rossi at DM against Porto last week and Roma have less other holes to fill than they usually do if you look at theor squad.

Hoof the ball

He has to make it. That's the first Italian footballer I've seen in years with a real classic 90's Serie A haircut. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

Trizy

Pogba = Zidane regen
Tonali = Pirlo regen

Oooh Robin Van Persie :drool:

izec

Highly rated Italian youngster unlikely to leave the country when native top clubs are after him. Chances are very low