Sandro Tonali | Signs for Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okey

These tenuous 'very poor source' links could be Woody trying to gauge the fanbase's interest in any particular transfer.

If you want Tonali, make your voice heard now.

Who's better, Tonali or Marc Roca?

Asking for a friend,

Ned Forrester
Even the poor source admits nothing is likely happening as the player is probably headed to Inter. So meh...
Tonali is probably the better player. More to his game generally. Higher ceiling.
I hear Marc Roca is off to Atletico Madrid. Why aren't we after Partey again???

Rolaholic

Even the poor source admits nothing is likely happening as the player is probably headed to Inter. So meh...
Tonali is probably the better player. More to his game generally. Higher ceiling.
I hear Marc Roca is off to Atletico Madrid. Why aren't we after Partey again???
Your guess is as good as mine as he'd elevate our midfield instantly and doesn't have an absurd release clause/fee attached to him

We'll definitely regret it if Arsenal somehow find a way to bring him in

Infestissumam

imagine letting a top talent join your city rival just to appease Conte and his desire for "experience" :houllier:

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Folks, he is not *that* good, or not yet at least. AC Milan is a feasible step up for him, coming from relegated minnows Brescia.

More in general, football forums are fascinated by exotic, pretty young things. The very big Juventus forum in Italian language I also follow is now in awe of Szololabai and Georgino Dest.

You know what? The smartest move is 24yo Miranchuk to Atalanta for €15m, no doubt he will be easily worth 3x in a couple years. He is also proven at national and international level already, so he really is a very solid prospect.

Andersons Dietician

You would think if it’s true we offered 10 million Euros more than Milan a “dozen days ago” the deal would have been done already or Tonali just doesn’t want to come to United at all.

Sounds like a message to Milan, cough up the 10 mil euro more and he’s yours

Adnan

Talent Spotter
You would think if it’s true we offered 10 million Euros more than Milan a “dozen days ago” the deal would have been done already or Tonali just doesn’t want to come to United at all.

Sounds like a message to Milan, cough up the 10 mil euro more and he’s yours
He doesn't want to leave Italy according to reports.

Banana Republic

He doesn't want to leave Italy according to reports.
The reports said that he was advised not to leave Italy and stay in Serie-A.
Inter were in for him, but when his boyhood club (AC) Milan came in (lifelong supporter) he jumped at the chance.

izec

He looked like he was going to be a baller for sure a few years ago. Did nothing against us season before last and that’s the last I saw of him. Did he have a good season in the Milan resurgence?
Think he was pretty good and scored some important goals in the last half of the season.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He looked like he was going to be a baller for sure a few years ago. Did nothing against us season before last and that’s the last I saw of him. Did he have a good season in the Milan resurgence?
Was Pretty decent i say.

LuckyScout78

I am scouting him. BUT.....I have met and come up with argument. Italian will not come to England. Then i did a research in my memory. Di Canio, Zola, Matteo, Vialli. So...

But back to this boy. I think he have something. Reason i am scouting and following him. Haven't come to end conclusion yet.

All i can say is. He has really high fighting and winning mentality. Reason why he end up winning Serie A for AC Milan in his second season.

Definitely one to watch out and keeps close eyes on.

Nick.

I am scouting him. BUT.....I have met and come up with argument. Italian will not come to England. Then i did a research in my memory. Di Canio, Zola, Matteo, Vialli. So...

But back to this boy. I think he have something. Reason i am scouting and following him. Haven't come to end conclusion yet.

All i can say is. He has really high fighting and winning mentality. Reason why he end up winning Serie A for AC Milan in his second season.

I'm sure Ten Hag would love this kind of player but it will never happen. I just hope we sign some midfielders this summer.

Ish

Lights on for Luke

Who would you prefer if you could only pick one of him or Barella? I don’t follow enough Serie A week in, week out to have that opinion, though I’m biased towards Tonali in terms of style - albeit Barella was really good during Italy’s Euros run.

Blood Mage

He's more of a Jorginho than a Pirlo to be honest. Decent but really overhyped.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon

I’m out of the loop here but are you are scout by profession?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Who would you prefer if you could only pick one of him or Barella? I don’t follow enough Serie A week in, week out to have that opinion, though I’m biased towards Tonali in terms of style - albeit Barella was really good during Italy’s Euros run.
Barella is better but they're different players to begin with.

Kaushal

I follow serie A and I would pick Tonali. I am an admirer of Barella and rate him highly. I just get that feeling of something special with Tonali. You know when you watch a player who hasn’t blossomed fully yet but you get that vibe about him like Modric at spurs for example in the first year or two. Barella is box to box, energetic, a fighter of a player who is more advanced in his development than Tonali. But Tonali has that guile, the calmness, the passing and is a fighter too. Barella is a banker of a player though. You know you would get consistent 7/10 out of him. However, I think Tonali has a higher ceiling and technically I rate him higher too.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I follow serie A and I would pick Tonali. I am an admirer of Barella and rate him highly. I just get that feeling of something special with Tonali. You know when you watch a player who hasn’t blossomed fully yet but you get that vibe about him like Modric at spurs for example in the first year or two. Barella is box to box, energetic, a fighter of a player who is more advanced in his development than Tonali. But Tonali has that guile, the calmness, the passing and is a fighter too. Barella is a banker of a player though. You know you would get consistent 7/10 out of him. However, I think Tonali has a higher ceiling and technically I rate him higher too.
Thanks for this. I must say I haven’t watched nearly enough of Tonali, outside of the hype before his move to AC - “the new Pirlo” etc.

But I am biased, stylistically, towards the guile over the fighters in midfield.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Yeah, I noted as much in my post (different players). Just wasn’t sure how Tonali was doing in serie A.
He's doing well and I like the look of him, had a part in some of the crucially parts of milan's title winning campaign, it's just that I think barrella has the potential to be one of the best of his generation while I place tonali a level lower, he could prove me wrong those.

Anyway I don't think either of them will be moving Anywhere else anytime soon,specially barella as inter seems to really value him highly.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Interesting, we seem to differ drastically on this subject, while I agree that tonali seems to have the right mentality and temper to succeed overall I find his technical ability lacking to reach say Modric levels of quality in my opinion.

But he seems to be the combative type so he may prove me wrong if he wishes so.

Kaushal

Interesting, we seem to differ drastically on this subject, while I agree that tonali seems to have the right mentality and temper to succeed overall I find his technical ability lacking to reach say Modric levels of quality in my opinion.

But he seems to be the combative type so he may prove me wrong if he wishes so.
Oh no, i just gave an example of Modric when you see something in a player before that player reaching his potential. I never intended to compare him to Modric quality wise. My bad. Should have chosen words carefully to avoid the confusion. Players like Modric doesn’t come often. So it would be silly to compare it to someone like him.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Oh no, i just gave an example of Modric when you see something in a player before that player reaching his potential. I never intended to compare him to Modric quality wise. My bad. Should have chosen words carefully to avoid the confusion. Players like Modric doesn’t come often. So it would be silly to compare it to someone like him.
No worries, I understood your point and was just trying to give an example so I used him as you already referred to him in your post.

Anyway no one can know for certain what the future holds for us, hell I doubt many thought modric would reach the heights he did at that point of his career.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Italy's midfield options are pretty tasty aren't they? Tonali, Barella, Locatelli, Verratti, Jorginho still as well...one class striker away from being one of the best teams out there.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He's doing well and I like the look of him, had a part in some of the crucially parts of milan's title winning campaign, it's just that I think barrella has the potential to be one of the best of his generation while I place tonali a level lower, he could prove me wrong those.

Anyway I don't think either of them will be moving Anywhere else anytime soon,specially barella as inter seems to really value him highly.
Yeah agreed with the last bit - doubt they’ll be leaving. Good options in the Italian midfield, even though Verratti remains by far my favorite - albeit he’s way too injury prone.

Status
Not open for further replies.