Saudi sports minister gives update on buying club from Glazers

Yakuza_devils

Yes people with different opinions about football on a football forum should not call each other idiots, after all it is football not life and death. However, the Saudi regime is a murderous dictatorship that executes and persecutes people for being female, homosexual, a protestor against the state........it is very much about life and death and so I can understand why people who support them on a public forum are branded idiots.
I agree with you to certain extent but these are still your opinion/perspective. There is a big world out there. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Kappa123

To each their own, for me it seems daft to critique someone's intelligence by calling them an idiot based on an opinion they hold. But that's just my opinion :D

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I'm with you on this but... The Glazers are not any different than the Saudis.

May I remind you that whatever is happening in Yemen and other countries is with the blessings of America (gun selling, oil companies, dictatorships etc).

Just a friendly reminder
Not this old “canard” again.
The Glazers are American but they are not America. They do not represent the actions of the US government.
The Saudi regime is a dictatorship. They simply are not comparable with the Glazers.

Kelly15

To each their own, for me it seems daft to critique someone's intelligence by calling them an idiot based on an opinion they hold. But that's just my opinion :D
I think the word people are looking for is ignorant, not idiot. Because their is a big difference if you know and support these people or do not know and support. Once educated on the subject I would say 99% of people are against discrimination, sexism, racism, genderism, ect.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
The Glazers are American but they are not America. They do not represent the actions of the US government.
The Saudi regime is a dictatorship. They simply are not comparable with the Glazers.
I agree with this.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
I agree with you to certain extent but these are still your opinion/perspective. There is a big world out there. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
You're right. I'm personally disgusted that people dare judge me because I believe in old school value, like stoning a gay dude to death, it's God's wish! Leave me to my own opinions, what has it got to do with you that the people I believe are doing righteous work would be funded by your money?

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I’m all for respectful discourse but anyone supporting a sale of our club to the Saudis because they have loads of cash and won’t seek a financial return is an idiot. It’s not a difference of opinion it’s idiocy pure and simple.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Some idiots calling people idiot in a online discussion forum when people have different opinion with their.
I’ll reiterate. If you equate a dangerous regime like the Saudis who you’ll find have been involved in global terrorism among a host of other crimes with billionaire owners then you’re not only ignorant and ill informed but you’re an idiot to boot. And the spurious claim that it’s just their opinion is nonsense. If you are of the opinion that Saudi ruling family is going to be a better owner than an American simply because you equate the two then you’re on an agenda pure and simple.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
It's laughable how people can fail to make that distinction.

Gehrman

I’m all for respectful discourse but anyone supporting a sale of our club to the Saudis because they have loads of cash and won’t seek a financial return is an idiot. It’s not a difference of opinion it’s idiocy pure and simple.
I'm not sure it's idiocy. Tbh I don't think a big football club being owned by the Saudi's is going the world a better or worse place. The attention they will get from buying Man Utd will probably mean they will be more scrutinzed than they already are. And they certainly don't need whatever money they make from us. Tbh we could also refuse to buy any fossile fuels from the Saudis for our cars because that's another way we are supporting them financially. But yeah they are a despicable regime and any lingering romance about our club is going to overshadowed by their takeover.

Inigo Montoya

It's laughable how people can fail to make that distinction.
Oh there are posters whose hate for the US goes beyond any logic. It becomes that all of the US is responsible the dictates of an autocracy whic has been in power for generations

Inigo Montoya

I'm not sure it's idiocy. Tbh I don't think a big football club being owned by the Saudi's is going the world a better or worse place. The attention they will get from buying Man Utd will probably mean they will be more scrutinzed than they already are. And they certainly don't need whatever money they make from us. Tbh we could also refuse to buy any fossile fuels from the Saudis for our cars because that's another way we are supporting them financially. But yeah they are a despicable regime and any lingering romance about our club is going to overshadowed by their takeover.
They already get scrutinised but in the world of business what counts is wealth and power. Those who have it turn a blind eye to human rights abuses. It happens all over the world

Maybe the world will or won’t be a better place but it’s a little blasé not to raise even a modicum of dissension

Gehrman

They already get scrutinised but in the world of business what counts is wealth and power. Those who have it turn a blind eye to human rights abuses. It happens all over the world

Maybe the world will or won’t be a better place but it’s a little blasé not to raise even a modicum of dissension
Tbh I agree with you.

Gehrman

I think my moral inner compass so fecked up I'd rather see Hitler as the boss of Man Utd than Ed woodward.

matt10000

I don' think their motivation to buy us to make money it is Sportswashing plain and simple. They want to use the history and romance of our great club to launder a reputation, to gloss a human rights record, to wash a little blood away.........

Karlos PFC

What fecking bollocks. Show me one piece of evidence that links the billionaire owners of a sports franchise to the humanitarian abuse in Yemen

Show me some evidence that the Glazers are involved directly in selling arms to dictatorships
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not...so here goes.

If you can use Google you could find tons of infos about the connections between the Glazers and the Republican party.

I'm not suggesting that the Glazers sold guns directly to the Saudis.

I can give you an example. When America went to Iraq and Afghanistan among the first companies that took advantage of a destroyed nation were (wait for it) oil companies and fecking McDonalds.

I dont know how old are you, but maybe you're not too familiar with capitalism and how companies' lobbies work. Some would say that big companies rule the whole fecking world

matt10000

If you can use Google you could find tons of infos about the connections between the Glazers and the Republican party.
If you can use google you can find tons of infos indicating that shape-shifting reptilian aliens control Earth

Last edited:

Member 39557

I can give you an example. When America went to Iraq and Afghanistan among the first companies that took advantage of a destroyed nation were (wait for it) oil companies and fecking McDonalds.

I dont know how old are you, but maybe you're not too familiar with capitalism and how companies' lobbies work. Some would say that big companies rule the whole fecking world
So how does that directly implicate the glazers in humanitarian abuses?

Gehrman

:lol:
We can agree on one thing..

You are fecked up:lol:
Tbh I think Hitler would be rather good at giving motivational speeches and the hair dryer. I'd love too see SS on the training ground as well. I don't think Pogba would be dissing the club through his agent and I don't Lindgaard would be on the social media at all.

TRUERED89

Tbh I think Hitler would be rather good at giving motivational speeches and the hair dryer. I'd love too see SS on the training ground as well. I don't think Pogba would be dissing the club through his agent and I don't Lindgaard would be on the social media at all.
We'd need a new XI every time we didn't win the league though! As im sure he'd gas the whole squad :lol:

stevoc

I'm with you on this but... The Glazers are not any different than the Saudis.

May I remind you that whatever is happening in Yemen and other countries is with the blessings of America (gun selling, oil companies, dictatorships etc).

Just a friendly reminder
Are the Glazers the absolute rulers of the USA?

TRUERED89

Wow, a Htiler conversation. Are we still on the outs with Hitler? I mean he did kill Hitler, after all. I mean, I'm pretty sure God tortured and killed more people than Hitler but people seem to like him.
Are you defending Hitler? You're going to open up a whole different can of worms here. PS what's the point of heaven and hell if everything is supposed to be Disneyland on Earth? It's a temporary test and nothing will go unpunished if you've been an evil cnut especially. But anyway going way off topic, no further comment...

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Oh there are posters whose hate for the US goes beyond any logic. It becomes that all of the US is responsible the dictates of an autocracy whic has been in power for generations
Yeah, It's like holding all present-day British citizens responsible for the atrocities committed by our government centuries ago.

Inigo Montoya

I’m not sure how well versed you are in Middle Eastern politics but the Wahhabism of Saudi Arabia and the proxy war with Iran is directly responsible for the growth of ISIS, supporting Hezbolah, the genocide of the Yazidis and break down of the Middle East.

You may want to point to the ills of capitalism all you like but you made a sweeping generalisation about the Glazers and compared then with the Saudis. I’m no fan of the Glazers but to compare them with the Saudis is utter crap

RedPed

Whatabouter.
You really are a piece of work sometimes. There is a lot about the US that also goes beyond any logic yet people will try and rationalize things that go on in that sad country which in some respects are no better or worse than what occurs in middle eastern regimes.

Inigo Montoya

You really are a piece of work sometimes. There is a lot about the US that also goes beyond any logic yet people will try and rationalize things that go on in that sad country which in some respects are no better or worse than what occurs in middle eastern regimes.
Oh wow. A Saudi apologist!

Zlatattack

Well your government does protect them, make special excemptions for them (democracy rights etc). The USA jumps to becomes the world moral police if you have oil, are a dictator, and aren't selling your oil to the US on their terms. However if you have oil, are a dictator and are selling it to the US on their terms - everything is hunky dory.

How long with the House of Saud last if they faced the same sanctions as Iran - an equally repressive regime? What about Israel? Just because they elect the people who oppress the Palestinians, does that mean they should avoid the sanctions the world placed on South Africa or Zimbabwe.

Your govt can't wash their blood/oil soaked hands of their role in this. All around the world your government supports evil, as long as said evil-doers are friends of American interests in the region. It's not hard to see why people hate your government if you take off your stars and stripes tinted sunglasses.

Inigo Montoya

Well your government does protect them, make special excemptions for them (democracy rights etc). The USA jumps to becomes the world moral police if you have oil, are a dictator, and aren't selling your oil to the US on their terms. However if you have oil, are a dictator and are selling it to the US on their terms - everything is hunky dory.

How long with the House of Saud last if they faced the same sanctions as Iran - an equally repressive regime? What about Israel? Just because they elect the people who oppress the Palestinians, does that mean they should avoid the sanctions the world placed on South Africa or Zimbabwe.

Your govt can't wash their blood/oil soaked hands of their role in this. All around the world your government supports evil, as long as said evil-doers are friends of American interests in the region. It's not hard to see why people hate your government if you take off your stars and stripes tinted sunglasses.
My government? I’m not defending the U.K. or the US governments actions in global politics.

My point and question which hasn’t been addressed is: show me one piece of evidence that links the Glazers to international terrorism and the suppression of human rights generally? You can’t!

What’s your govt btw?

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes

It's also your government

TheRedHearted

for people to hate the united states then live under governments that so far worse to their citizens and then blame the United States for their problems is laughable. Or for people who hate the United States then live in countries that are riddled with pilfering other countries... but yes- the “death to america“ crowd tends to be full of misguided hate before looking ones own country in the mirror.