Saudi sports minister gives update on buying club from Glazers

Zen86

Well at least we can parade the morality open tour bus parade at the end of the season, could these teams do that? At least when fans turn up to OT to watch tepid football we call all chant, "Moral values, moral values. Human rights, human rights!"

Why don’t you just go and support City if money and transfers is all you care about? No doubt you’ll be happier, because the Saudis aren’t coming.

Woodzy

It's refreshing to have a thread about a potential Saudi takeover because this has never been done on the Caf before.
To be fair, they all just end up being closed down because they either go off the rails completely or it's just a load of bollocks in general.

May as well just have one big Saudi Takeover thread like before tbh. It's not going to stop otherwise.

Djemba-Djemba

Well at least we can parade the morality open tour bus parade at the end of the season, could these teams do that? At least when fans turn up to OT to watch tepid football we call all chant, "Moral values, moral values. Human rights, human rights!"
Yeah and when our new owners stone someone to death for being gay or they conspire to dismember people who dare to criticise them, we can tell the critics "yeah but Utd signed Mbappe and we won the league".

pacifictheme

Genuinrly don't understand people who want this. A lack of funds is noy our issue, we don't need their money.

And lets face it they are among the worst people who could buy the club.

red thru&thru

Yeah and when our new owners stone someone to death for being gay or they conspire to dismember people who dare to criticise them, we can tell the critics "yeah but Utd signed Mbappe and we won the league".
I live in a country where the monarchy killed the queen of hearts. Invaded Iraq and killed innocent millions of people in the name of weapons being there...which wasn't true. Oh well, what a world a life we live in.

Spoony

The People's President
We'll be Saudi owned eventually. The
I live in a country where the monarchy killed the queen of hearts. Invaded Iraq and killed innocent millions of people in the name of weapons being there...which wasn't true. Oh well, what a world a life we live in.
Yes but thankfully we're not owned by the US or UK.

Djemba-Djemba

We're not owned by the British government though are we? Or the British Royal Family.

That is the big difference that a lot of people don't seem to understand.

Ban

We're not owned by the British government though are we? Or the British Royal Family.

There was some nice whataboutism by him there. Also monarchy killed princess Di, what's that about?

RUCK4444

Yeah Saudis did some naughty things, shame on them.
Yeah your right they are virtually identical mate.

Somehow I doubt the Jewish community would agree with you.

I won’t discuss further, it’s a sensitive subject and I won’t waste my time arguing with the people making this comparison.

Djemba-Djemba

There was some nice whataboutism by him there. Also monarchy killed princess Di, what's that about?
A mad conspiracy theory that they arranged for her to be killed. Crackpot theory.

And the idea of equating Princess Diana being killed in a car crash 22 years ago to Jamal Khashoggi being brutally dismembered just last year, which the Saudi Government admitted to doing, is utterly bizarre too.

If you're the sort of person who doesn't care about their appalling human rights record and you just want to see Utd win no matter what then just say that. Just admit it. Don't try and justify it with mad excuses.

@RUCK4444 I'd say @Ban is being sarcastic there.

Ban

Yeah your right they are virtually identical mate.

Somehow I doubt the Jewish community would agree with you.

I won’t discuss further, it’s a sensitive subject and I won’t waste my time arguing with the people making this comparison.
Did I say they're identical male?
On the other hand you treat them like they've done a bad thinig or 2 like killing that journalist and so what. Look up into Yemen civil war a bit just for a start. But you're right what's the point in arguing when you don't care about that stuff anyway. You just want to see shiny new toys.

Judas

Open to offers
A mad conspiracy theory that they arranged for her to be killed. Crackpot theory.

And the idea of equating Princess Diana being killed in a car crash 22 years ago to Jamal Khashoggi being brutally dismembered just last year, which the Saudi Government admitted to doing, is utterly bizarre too.

If you're the sort of person who doesn't care about their appalling human rights record and you just want to see Utd win no matter what then just say that. Just admit it. Don't try and justify it with mad excuses.

I wish people would just do that, if you can't be honest to a bunch of strangers on the internet, where can you be honest? The terrible mental gymnastics and excuses people throw out are just shite.

RUCK4444

Don’t tell people who, what or why people support something you presumptuous @&$@!

If some fans myself included sever ties with the club because it’s owned by a disgusting regime it won’t make any difference to you or the club. What it will make a difference to is people for whom morals and ethics mean more than kicking a bag of air round a field. Nobody is telling YOU what you should do do wind your neck in and allow others to make choices best suited to them!

Cue ‘we are better off without fake fans like you’ sigh
Ha calm down lad, this subject is clearly so important to you, I’m sure you must be taking part in protests on the street and trying to make the world a better place, no?

Ah try quitting your football team instead then, that will make all the difference and you can post a nice goodbye post to the caf to give yourself a nice big pat on the back.

It’s so melodramatic, nobody on earth will believe you as a fan of Manchester United represent or agree with the atrocities of a suppressive regime.
It will be the individuals themselves that create that notion.

Red Royal

I wish people would just do that, if you can't be honest to a bunch of strangers on the internet, where can you be honest? The terrible mental gymnastics and excuses people throw out are just shite.
I dont think is as simple as that.... no doubt Saudi have done sone terrible crimes which are unacceptable. However perhaps the injection of sport (boxing, WWE and football) may assist somewhat in changing that regime. Knowing a few people who live out there (locals who work in same global firm as I do and ex-pats) it does seem that there is a change in direction.

Reactions: Sultan

DoomSlayer

It's funny how on the general forum, Trump is talked about like he is the new Hitler, yet the Saudis are OK and it's just business at the end of the day. :lol:

red thru&thru

But I live in a country that commits all these crimes. But I still live here. And I must say, I have a good life.

RUCK4444

Did I say they're identical male?
On the other hand you treat them like they've done a bad thinig or 2 like killing that journalist and so what. Look up into Yemen civil war a bit just for a start. But you're right what's the point in arguing when you don't care about that stuff anyway. You just want to see shiny new toys.
I quite clearly acknowledged their atrocities whilst pointing out they pale in comparison to Nazi Germany.

You’ve made the assumption I don’t care about these atrocities.

I could argue you clearly don’t care enough about what Nazi Germany were responsible for by comparing them so freely to strengthen your argument.

JohnnyKills

Why don’t you just go and support City if money and transfers is all you care about? No doubt you’ll be happier, because the Saudis aren’t coming.
You claim to despise dictatorship and yet you yell at complete strangers for expressing their point of view. Guess the irony is lost on you.

Djemba-Djemba

But I live in a country that commits all these crimes. But I still live here. And I must say, I have a good life.
You'd make a good politician with how you're evading the issue and making things up :lol:

Being owned by the Saudi royal family and government is in no way the same as being based in the UK. I would have thought that was obvious.

If you're able to look past what the Saudi Arabian regime do then thats up to you. I can't make you change your opinion.

JohnnyKills

The ideal solution would be for someone else to seize the initiative and buy the club.

Liverpool are basically owned by a hedge fund aren't they. Why can't one of them come in for us?

RUCK4444

You claim to despise dictatorship and yet you yell at complete strangers for expressing their point of view. Guess the irony is lost on you.
:lol: This is so true of most of the anti-Saudi gang on here. They are the ones suppressing others opinions.

I mean I’ve been called a feckin Nazi Sympathiser for trying to make a balanced argument!

JohnnyKills

This whole debate just shows how crap our current owners are doesn't it. That a lot of fans are willing to accept a dictatorship says it all.

JohnnyKills

:lol: This is so true of most of the anti-Saudi gang on here. They are the ones suppressing others opinions.

I mean I’ve been called a feckin Nazi Sympathiser for trying to make a balanced argument!
It's true of this forum in general. Everything descends into a Top Red contest where people try to prove their credentials by shouting at one another.

I'm personally against the Saudis but would like to have an adult debate about it.

Djemba-Djemba

This whole debate just shows how crap our current owners are doesn't it. That a lot of fans are willing to accept a dictatorship says it all.
Yeah look, I get being excited at no more Glazers and the millions and billions we'll get pumped into the club.

I don't want to be owned by them for all the reasons stated.

But I do get why people would be excited, if only fleetingly.

red thru&thru

You'd make a good politician with how you're evading the issue and making things up :lol:

Being owned by the Saudi royal family and government is in no way the same as being based in the UK. I would have thought that was obvious.

If you're able to look past what the Saudi Arabian regime do then thats up to you. I can't make you change your opinion.
Exactly. And the SA government isn't going to change human rights. And you can't also slander another's opinion on things.

By the way, like I stated earlier, I just want Ed gone and the correct people put in place.

JohnnyKills

Yeah look, I get being excited at no more Glazers and the millions and billions we'll get pumped into the club.

Yeah same.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Every summer we will have our Moral Victory Tours.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster

Have the same view. Articles that have been quite out there today about how far ahead the CFG are of United don't help matters.

Johan07

No one is advocating the Trump-regime to buy United. Or the Boris. Your "argument" is stupid and childish and a giant strawman since no-one has suggested that to begin with.
United should not be state-owned, period. I dont care if its the US, the UK, China or the Saudis.
The difference is that democratic states like the first two have no interest in buying United to begin with. It would not even be legally allowed for I dont know how many reasons. Which is why no-one discusses it.
Which is why your strawman is stupid and childish to begin with.
Grow up.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Exactly. And the SA government isn't going to change human rights. And you can't also slander another's opinion on things.

By the way, like I stated earlier, I just want Ed gone and the correct people put in place.
Better be more careful with your choice of words especially with a Saudi regime around.

Nikelesh Reddy

Saudi Arabia sports minister HRH Prince Abdulaziz bin Turki Al Faisal has not ruled out a potential takeover of Manchester United. The Middle Eastern country’s royalty have been linked with a takeover bid for United over the last year only to largely rebuff those claims.

Anything is possible towards future," he said, speaking at the Diriyah Arena which will host Anthony Joshua’s rematch against Andy Ruiz Jr this weekend.

Now we are focused on developing the local scene and we have invested a lot of money in football clubs within the kingdom."

The Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman Al Saud has been the man chiefly linked to the acquisition of United with Red Devils fans disgruntled with the current regime at the club.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...-takeover-news-Saudi-Arabia-bid-Glazer-family
Nothing even remotely definitive to be fair...

Ban

I quite clearly acknowledged their atrocities whilst pointing out they pale in comparison to Nazi Germany.

You’ve made the assumption I don’t care about these atrocities.

I could argue you clearly don’t care enough about what Nazi Germany were responsible for by comparing them so freely to strengthen your argument.
You could argue that yeah but then you'd be completely wrong of course to say the least. You can compare those regimes without saying they're the same you know.

red thru&thru

No one is advocating the Trump-regime to buy United. Or the Boris. Your "argument" is stupid and childish and a giant strawman since no-one has suggested that to begin with.
United should not be state-owned, period. I dont care if its the US, the UK, China or the Saudis.
The difference is that democratic states like the first two have no interest in buying United to begin with. It would not even be legally allowed for I dont know how many reasons. Which is why no-one discusses it.
Which is why your strawman is stupid and childish to begin with.
Grow up.
Quite ironic you're calling me childish with your comments. If you're going to argue my point argue it in an adult manner. If you want act keyboard warrior, dm me, let's handle this off the thread. Keyboard warriors like you piss me right off. DM me, or pipe down you keyboard warrior.

Johan07

Quite ironic you're calling me childish with your comments. If you're going to argue my point argue it in an adult manner. If you want act keyboard warrior, dm me, let's handle this off the thread. Keyboard warriors like you piss me right off. DM me, or pipe down you keyboard warrior.
How is calling out an obvious strawman being a "keyboard warrior"? Is that not you looking yourself in the mirror?
Why are you arguing about UK or US (Im not sure which tbh) political infringements in a thread that discusses a possible Saudi takeover? I have not seen anyone suggest a takeover by United by what is considered a democratic state as an option. Because it is not.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
There are so many things fundamentally wrong by any state takeover of United. That said it will only be tried by autocratic and undemocratic states because of the pure purpose of what is being - nicely - called sportswashing. Democratic states cant or wont try to buy United.
If you dont grasp why and why its childish to make strawmans about the Tories buying United I cant help you my friend.

red thru&thru

How is calling out an obvious strawman being a "keyboard warrior"? Is that not you looking yourself in the mirror?
Why are you arguing about UK or US (Im not sure which tbh) political infringements in a thread that discusses a possible Saudi takeover? I have not seen anyone suggest a takeover by United by what is considered a democratic state as an option. Because it is not.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
There are so many things fundamentally wrong by any state takeover of United. That said it will only be tried by autocratic and undemocratic states because of the pure purpose of what is being - nicely - called sportswashing. Democratic states cant or wont try to buy United.
If you dont grasp why and why its childish to make strawmans about the Tories buying United I cant help you my friend.
Don't say my comments are childish if you don't understand what I'm saying. I'm no keyboard warrior, hence I asked you to dm if you wanted to go down that route.

And can you explain to me where I suggested about the Torries or the UK or US state buying us?

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
That would be something. A combination of highly questionable morals and gross incompetence.

matt10000

Why are people comparing the Saudi’s to Hitler and the Nazi’s, it’s such an exaggerated comparison.

The former have a poor human rights record and are responsible for some awful things (so are the majority of western countries.)

The latter were aiming to conquer Europe and in the process tried to erase an entire race of people through genocide on an industrial level.

Granted the Saudi’s have some awful traditions and way of life but it’s still a bit of a stretch to compare the two.
I was making a point about how
ridiculous your post was. You can’t condone murder on a small scale just because it isn’t industrial.

Here we go again with the lessons in ethics.

Bring on the Saudi’s

We need an owner that lets us operate to our full potential. Owners that do not seek a financial return.

The biggest clubs in Europe have that type of owner, one who doesn’t seek financial returns on their investment.
We need the same platform, we are the biggest brand in world football ffs.

Man up and get on with it. Nobody agrees with their atrocities but owning United won’t exactly make it worse, as I’ve said before if anything the stronger connections to western culture may marginally influence them to avoid further atrocities, with all the worldwide negative press that would bring being United owners.

Sadly their atrocities are not on the news every day because people don’t care enough, once they own United suddenly their behaviour will be bigger news.
Any ‘soft power’ or influence through ‘sports washing’ would be cancelled out by such negative press.

Therefore I only see this as a positive for us and them in the long run.

People need to stop connecting their moral beliefs to their football club, you don’t support the owners you support the club and squad and our history.
If you want to know how stupidyour post was then substitute “Saudi” for “Nazis”

then it reads like this......

Here we go again with the lessons in ethics.

Bring on the Nazis

We need an owner like Hitler that lets us operate to our full potential. Owners that do not seek a financial return.

The biggest clubs in Europe have that type of owner, one who doesn’t seek financial returns on their investment.
We need the same platform, we are the biggest brand in world football ffs.

Man up and get on with it. Nobody agrees with their atrocities but owning United won’t exactly make it worse, as I’ve said before if anything the stronger connections to western culture may marginally influence them to avoid further atrocities, with all the worldwide negative press against the Third Reich that would bring being United owners.

Sadly their atrocities are not on the news every day because people don’t care enough, once they own United suddenly their behaviour will be bigger news.
Any ‘soft power’ or influence through ‘sports washing’ would be cancelled out by such negative press.

Therefore I only see this as a positive for us and them in the long run.

People need to stop connecting their moral beliefs to their football club, you don’t support the owners you support the club and squad and our history.
I use Hitler as an extreme example ( I could have used Pol Pot) but the principle is the same. You can’t pick and choose which atrocities to ignore because its on a smaller scale.

I thought you were being hilarious when I first read it

Man up and get on with it. Nobody agrees with their atrocities but owning United won’t exactly make it worse,
Hahaha “Man up and get on with it, what’s a few atrocities here and there between friends, man up and ignore them”

Hahahha “Don’t let moral beliefs and right and wrong interfere, man up and turn a blind eye after all these people have money”

Johan07

Don't say my comments are childish if you don't understand what I'm saying. I'm no keyboard warrior, hence I asked you to dm if you wanted to go down that route.

And can you explain to me where I suggested about the Torries or the UK or US state buying us?
"I live in a country where the monarchy killed the queen of hearts. Invaded Iraq and killed innocent millions of people in the name of weapons being there...which wasn't true. Oh well, what a world a life we live in."
This. What does that have any relevance in this thread if you are not suggesting that the UK would not be a good owner either?
I do understand what you are saying and its crap.
I am personally shocked that so many people on here are warming to the Saudis, especially the ones that "hates" the Glazers. That logic is just weird.
I have some strong opinions on United, but letting the Saudis (or again, any state) anywhere close to ownership the club is the strongest one by far.
I have no idea where you are domiciled, but if you follow at least a ltb of the NBA and what has happened with the NBA, Houston Rockets and China and their TV-rights; you will understand what just sponsorship and TV-rights can make the second biggest "sports-franchise" in the world bend the knee in shame to a dictatorship.
And thats just sponsorship and TV-rights so far.
The people on here that seem to think that United could affect the Saudis or the Chinese positively if they actually own us? How naive are you?
The Chinese made the NBA kneel without even owning a club. The fecking NBA. United are small in comparison.
What do you think them or the Saudis would do with United with actual ownership of the club?
It can never happen, and thats why stupid posts like yours need to be challenged.
I dont disagree with autocratic states sponsoring United as a principle and us accepting it, but it need to be managed so we dont get too dependent on it.
Ownership? Never.