Saudi sports minister gives update on buying club from Glazers

RUCK4444

I was making a point about how
ridiculous your post was. You can’t condone murder on a small scale just because it isn’t industrial.

If you want to know how stupidyour post was then substitute “Saudi” for “Nazis”

then it reads like this......

I use Hitler as an extreme example ( I could have used Pol Pot) but the principle is the same. You can’t pick and choose which atrocities to ignore because its on a smaller scale.

I thought you were being hilarious when I first read it

Hahaha “Man up and get on with it, what’s a few atrocities here and there between friends, man up and ignore them”

Hahahha “Don’t let moral beliefs and right and wrong interfere, man up and turn a blind eye after all these people have money”
Why would I swap the two around in that sentence seeing as my post was deliberately pointing out that it’s an extreme comparison!?

If you want to take some moral high ground and belittle people who believe it makes absolutely zero difference if the Saudis own us then that is your prerogative.

Just how will closer ties with the western world worsen their behaviour exactly?
Or further still how does it mean you directly agree with or represent them when your a fan that has no control over the situation?

Your just being a drama queen about it, you can’t affect it, so get on with it, that’s my stance.

matt10000

Why would I swap the two around in that sentence seeing as my post was deliberately pointing out that it’s an extreme comparison!?

If you want to take some moral high ground and belittle people who believe it makes absolutely zero difference if the Saudis own us then that is your prerogative.

Just how will closer ties with the western world worsen their behaviour exactly?
Or further still how does it mean you directly agree with or represent them when your a fan that has no control over the situation?

Your just being a drama queen about it, you can’t affect it, so get on with it, that’s my stance.
Hahaha you get funnier by the minute! Did you used to write scripts for “Til Death Us Do Part”?

red thru&thru

"I live in a country where the monarchy killed the queen of hearts. Invaded Iraq and killed innocent millions of people in the name of weapons being there...which wasn't true. Oh well, what a world a life we live in."
This. What does that have any relevance in this thread if you are not suggesting that the UK would not be a good owner either?
I do understand what you are saying and its crap.
I am personally shocked that so many people on here are warming to the Saudis, especially the ones that "hates" the Glazers. That logic is just weird.
I have some strong opinions on United, but letting the Saudis (or again, any state) anywhere close to ownership the club is the strongest one by far.
I have no idea where you are domiciled, but if you follow at least a ltb of the NBA and what has happened with the NBA, Houston Rockets and China and their TV-rights; you will understand what just sponsorship and TV-rights can make the second biggest "sports-franchise" in the world bend the knee in shame to a dictatorship.
And thats just sponsorship and TV-rights so far.
The people on here that seem to think that United could affect the Saudis or the Chinese positively if they actually own us? How naive are you?
The Chinese made the NBA kneel without even owning a club. The fecking NBA. United are small in comparison.
What do you think them or the Saudis would do with United with actual ownership of the club?
It can never happen, and thats why stupid posts like yours need to be challenged.
I dont disagree with autocratic states sponsoring United as a principle and us accepting it, but it need to be managed so we dont get too dependent on it.
Ownership? Never.
I didn't even finish reading what you wrote after the first few lines. You're clearly incompetent to either understand or ask about my comments.

And again, who made you the moral police? If people want the Saudis as owners, why are you getting your knickers in a twist? If you are so enraged, either do something about it or shut up. Saying other people's views are crap because they don't comply with yours is what is crap!

Johan07

I didn't even finish reading what you wrote after the first few lines. You're clearly incompetent to either understand or ask about my comments.

And again, who made you the moral police? If people want the Saudis as owners, why are you getting your knickers in a twist? If you are so enraged, either do something about it or shut up. Saying other people's views are crap because they don't comply with yours is what is crap!
Its a fecking message board. Arguing that other people views are crap or childish, while not personally attacking them, is kinda the point. Its a forum. They dont have them all over the world you know.
And I cant help if you cant manage to read an argumentative post, but plz go back to your usual dravel on here. I am done with you for now until you post some stupid opinion again.

red thru&thru

Its a fecking message board. Arguing that other people views are crap or childish, while not personally attacking them, is kinda the point. Its a forum. They dont have them all over the world you know.
And I cant help if you cant manage to read an argumentative post, but plz go back to your usual dravel on here. I am done with you for now until you post some stupid opinion again.
Hahahaha, ok.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If they don't buy us they will only buy up another big club and then we'll have another oil state club to compete against most likely. Imagine if they buy Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea or Spurs.

It's time to put ethics to one side. The world is one big dirty place. Look at how many people we have killed with the Americans since the latest wars started. Tens of thousands. Probably more.

I want our club to be a) debt free and b) competitive in Europe and the PL.

We've not been competitive at all since Fergie left which suggests the Glazers are clueless and just piggybacked on Fergie's success.

Bring on the Saudis. We aren't going to be sold to anyone squeaky clean. Just too expensive.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
This whole levels of evil thing is just plain weird to me reading the posts above. Both sets of people arent good people, its as simple as that. Frankly i cant think of many billionaires that are saints bar Bill and Melinda Gates (Kudos to them)
US and China have committed tons of human rights violations and United are happy to make profits from their markets through tours and merchandising and you hardly hear a peep from fans. It’s almost as if we can turn a blind eye to human right violations as long as they’re not our club owners.

matt10000

It's time to put ethics to one side. The world is one big dirty place. Look at how many people we have killed with the Americans since the latest wars started. Tens of thousands. Probably more.

We've not been competitive at all since Fergie left which suggests the Glazers are clueless and just piggybacked on Fergie's success.

Bring on the Saudis. We aren't going to be sold to anyone squeaky clean. Just too expensive.
Hahahahahaha you should be a politician

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's time to put ethics to one side. It's a strange thing to read on a forum about football.

Spoony

The People's President
It's time to put ethics to one side. It's a strange thing to read on a forum about football.
I've put ethics aside and bought some lovely Nike trainers made in excellent worker conditions. I wonder how far people can take it, will folk stop purchasing Apple products for example. To be fair I don't eat non organic free range chickens anymore, I guess we've got our principles and what not.

Aside from Tonga...no nation should be allowed to purchase football clubs. I like Tonga.

TrueRed79

It's a no from me. Anyone that would want the Saudi's at this club are morally bankrupt. Yes i despise the Glazers but would rather them than those sick ******* Saudi's.

matt10000

US and China have committed tons of human rights violations and United are happy to make profits from their markets through tours and merchandising and you hardly hear a peep from fans. It’s almost as if we can turn a blind eye to human right violations as long as they’re not our club owners.
There is a bit of a difference. You may live in Florida but here in Manchester, if the Saudi’s become club owners then a lot of people from around here who are employed buy the club will essentially become employees of Crown prince Mohammed bin Salman.

UDontMessWith24

If they don't buy us they will only buy up another big club and then we'll have another oil state club to compete against most likely. Imagine if they buy Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea or Spurs.

Not only that but our governments are the ones that kickstarted Saudi Arabia as we know it today.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
British people, citizens of one of the bloodiest empires in history, talking shit about other countries murders. We shouldnt be sold to the Saudis but stop with the holier than though bullshit. Same for you yanks by the way.

GenZRed

Here we go again with the lessons in ethics.

Bring on the Saudi’s

We need an owner that lets us operate to our full potential. Owners that do not seek a financial return.

The biggest clubs in Europe have that type of owner, one who doesn’t seek financial returns on their investment.
We need the same platform, we are the biggest brand in world football ffs.

Man up and get on with it. Nobody agrees with their atrocities but owning United won’t exactly make it worse, as I’ve said before if anything the stronger connections to western culture may marginally influence them to avoid further atrocities, with all the worldwide negative press that would bring being United owners.

Sadly their atrocities are not on the news every day because people don’t care enough, once they own United suddenly their behaviour will be bigger news.
Any ‘soft power’ or influence through ‘sports washing’ would be cancelled out by such negative press.

Therefore I only see this as a positive for us and them in the long run.

People need to stop connecting their moral beliefs to their football club, you don’t support the owners you support the club and squad and our history.

Shh. Western culture is the most oppressive and racist in the world. Remember?

matt10000

British people, citizens of one of the bloodiest empires in history, talking shit about other countries murders. We shouldnt be sold to the Saudis but stop with the holier than though bullshit. Same for you yanks by the way.
I was not around when the British Empire was bloody and can not object to it. You can not in any way say that because I am British I have some responsibility for what Britain did before I was born. The argument that some of my ancestors committed atrocities does not justify any atrocities that are committed today.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Shh. Western culture is the most oppressive and racist in the world. Remember?
When any country in the middle-east had democracy in place the western world stopped it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Iranian_coup_d'état

The 1953 Iranian coup d'état, known in Iran as the 28 Mordad coup d'état (Persian: کودتای ۲۸ مرداد‎), was the overthrow of the democratically elected Prime Minister Mohammad Mosaddegh in favour of strengthening the monarchical rule of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi on 19 August 1953,[5] orchestrated by the United States (under the name TPAJAX Project[6] or "Operation Ajax") and the United Kingdom (under the name "Operation Boot").[7][8][9][10] It was the first covert action of the United States to overthrow a foreign government during peacetime.[11]

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
I was not around when the British Empire was bloody and can not object to it. You can not in any way say that because I am British I have some responsibility for what Britain did before I was born. The argument that some of my ancestors committed atrocities does not justify any atrocities that are committed today.
Ancestors :lol: go read a few RECENT history books lad.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
It doesn’t matter the subject but as soon as the Top Reds and the moral high brigades takes over then the rest is a parade in political correctness and left influenced statements.

Because some of us don’t condemn the Saudis as new owners doesn’t mean we don’t care about all the injustices or approve there medieval methods. Such a lame attempt to prove guilt by association.

I believe that there is a much better chance to influence if we have something in common, are open to debate or willing to communicate. Saudi Arabia has ultra modern cities, they invest in the latest high technology and some of the younger generations of leadership understands that they have to transform their society and kingdom to be more modern in order to survive.

Things like this takes time. Braking up old structures, removing religious power and move forward isn’t easy. Powerful old leaders don’t easily accepts changes without fighting back.

Saudi Arabia will gradually move in the right direction regarding equality and civil rights. Young people, strong women and progressive citizens will make this happen, it’s in the end a matter of time.

Boycotting is powerful if we want them to become more fundamental and less willing to change. Dialogue and acceptance is way more powerful if changes is our goal.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
If they buy us then the world spotlight will be on them more. They would then have to change, so it could be a positive thing for the region.
Still not sure I want them but there is nothing I can do about it.

The Firestarter

It's a focking theocratic monarchy. Do you think if given enough time it will turn into a democracy? North Korea has a higher chance for that.

Yakuza_devils

Exactly! Like many other threads everyone have different moral stand. Some will support and some will oppose the Saudi/Chinese/American/British being the owner.

Really hope in a football forum we can actually discuss about the football side of things if the Saudi to takeover man utd e.g. the new signings we can expect, financial might of the owner to transform the club, stadium expansion, long term plan and structure, investment in youth, and etc.

manutddjw

Hopefully the Glazers refuse to sell and the Saudis buy Liverpool. We can laugh at them as they rack up trophies and call them Liverpoil and stuff. It would be great watching City and Liverpool cleaning up while we fight for top 6 with Arsenal.
We’ve spent over a billion on players since Sir Alex left. We’ve definitely spent like an oil club and it’s given us nothing. All the Saudi’s would change is making the fees go up. Instead of 50M of AWB it would be 70M. We’ve been living proof that money doesn’t solve all our problems

Amarsdd

its weird people talking about putting aside ethics, morals, traditions etc for the sake of a larger transfer budget. Seriously, what do people support the club for? just the name? its popularity? fancy big names in the team sheet? few trophies?

matt10000

If they buy us then the world spotlight will be on them more. They would then have to change, so it could be a positive thing for the region.
Still not sure I want them but there is nothing I can do about it.
There is very little you can do about it but not nothing.

You can object to it even just on this forum.

If enough people object and show their disgust then it increase the chances that if they do buy us they change their ways to gain acceptance.

It may help or it may have no influence at all but one thing I can say for certainty, if everyone just does nothing and just has the attitude that that there is nothing they can do then there will be no change.

ROFLUTION

I'm an Arab(not Saudi) and I say if they truly take it over it will probably influence my love and passion for Man United. Mind you I'm all for the Emiratis, Qataris or the Omanis taking over. But the Saudis... thats a step too far. I cant stand by and support a club that is being ruled by an evil regime that has destroyed so many peoples lives in Yemen and also destroyed a lot of the potential and futures of mine country and other Arab/Islamic nations by spreading their poison of Wahabism in to our schools, in to our houses of worships and even in our society. I'm sorry for this rant but I get emotional when it comes to stuff like this. I hate talking politics.
As a person who knows nothing about this, can you elaborate the bit about wahabism and what it is?

Yakuza_devils

I thought we have other thread to discuss about politics and moral?
Hope everyone can stick to the topic of discussing about football in a football forum.

There is no end of discussion in opposing or boycott Saudi/Chinese. Just so that everyone know, China/Chinese are very powerful now and they have their hands in about everything in the world nowadays. Do u want to boycott them all?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Exactly! Like many other threads everyone have different moral stand. Some will support and some will oppose the Saudi/Chinese/American/British being the owner.

Really hope in a football forum we can actually discuss about the football side of things if the Saudi to takeover man utd e.g. the new signings we can expect, financial might of the owner to transform the club, stadium expansion, long term plan and structure, investment in youth, and etc.
You missed my point. Football isn't a subject important enough to ever justify putting ethics aside.

Yakuza_devils

You missed my point. Football isn't a subject important enough to ever justify putting ethics aside.
Fair enough!

I just thought that maybe we have other thread to discuss about moral and political issues, no?