Saudi Takeover - Claim deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
The 3 or 4 billion they spent buying us will go to the Glazers.

The Glazers have taken out a billion to 1.5 billion.

All the owners we have ever always took money out. Its one of the main reasons we went 26 years without a title.

Also we havent the largest wage bill in the world.
- They have not taken 1.5 billion out of United (unless you engage is lazy accounting like David Conn)
- Owners wanting dividends/liquidity events from their investments is actually the norm. Being a PR tool for a dictatorship is not.
- I mean to say one of the largest in the world and they are projected to have the highest in the PL this season.

Giggsyking

Oh ok. But is taking the piss something they would do? Seems very bizarre if he is allowed to take the micky, especially when it's the name of the biggest sports brand at stake. They also obviously have connections with United, sponsorships etc, so one of their PR guys taking the piss would be bizarre.

But yea, when you hear anything, update us. Thank you.
I just asked the guy and said he did not answer him. But he said Moaid is a very respectable source and has many connections in the state, he said it is very unlikely he is talking without really knowing something.

red thru&thru

I just asked the guy and said he did not answer him. But he said Moaid is a very respectable source and has many connections in the state, he said it is very unlikely he is talking without really knowing something.
Brilliant, thank you for letting us know. Yea, I'd be very surprised if he was bullshiting, but only time will tell. Keep us posted if you do hear anything else. Appreciated.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
- They have not taken 1.5 billion out of United (unless you engage is lazy accounting like David Conn)
- Owners wanting dividends/liquidity events from their investments is actually the norm. Being a PR tool for a dictatorship is not.
- I mean to say one of the largest in the world and they are projected to have the highest in the PL this season.
https://therepublikofmancunia.com/shocking-figures-show-how-much-the-glazers-have-taken-from-united/

As of 2016/17 they have taken out at least 0.8bn.

They have invested nothing in the stadium or other facilities.

All thanks to Labour and the FA.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Idealistic to say the least and not how the world works unfortunately.
It has nothing to do with the world though, it's how @Dante and many people feel about something that his dear to them. And I share his point of view.

Giggsyking

see, this is the norm, but it does not mean this is right. Sports and football specifically should not be about changing the clubs into a soulless organisation. That is why the clubs that have owners not intrested in making money out of the clubs will always be successful. Look at Bayern Munich, Barca and Madrid. Every money they generate goes to the club. While we since the leeches took over we paid them and their debt 1 billion pounds.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Why should it be tongue in cheek? And why is it brainless?
1. Political contributions in America are often strategic. The Glazers have donated to both Democratic and Republican candidates. This is quite normal in corporate America due to lobbying.
2. Donald Trump, as clueless of a president he is, is not responsible for widespread human rights violations including the murdering on innocent citizens, nor has he allowed religious fundamentalists to have free reign in the US. It's lazy comparison.

Lemansky

I welcome this takeover. United lend themselves off to US and Chinese markets and we two countries have committed terrible human rights violations for decades. Yall think that Glazer money is clean? Yall think that bank money is clean? Come on. This is billionaire capitalism in fecking FIFA football. What rock are you guys living under?
To stay away for ethical grounds one should not look at football at all. Doping, match fixing etc.

The World Cup is being played in Qatar. People have literally died while building their stadiums and the whole of FIFA was bought in the process.

Football is one of the most, if not the most, dirty sport in the world.

red thru&thru

1. Political contributions in America are often strategic. The Glazers have donated to both Democratic and Republican candidates. This is quite normal in corporate America due to lobbying.
2. Donald Trump, as clueless of a president he is, is not responsible for widespread human rights violations including the murdering on innocent citizens, nor has he allowed religious fundamentalists to have free reign in the US. It's lazy comparison.
So who's behind ICE? Camps separating children from their parents? Are you also saying school killings haven't gone on the rise since Trump has taken power?

Also, if you're not going to attribute widespread human rights on Trump, then you can't attribute widespread human rights on MBS.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Would you rather The Saudis own us and we become the face of a brutal regime or Liverpool win the title?

AneRu

By that same logic I shouldn't work because that money has probably gone through some shady stuff at some point in the economy.

The glazers might not be great owners but I'm pretty sure they aren't linked with murder and oppression.
I don't know where you picked up that I am in complete support of the takeover, I just happen to think that it will happen and the prospect of the Glazers leaving excites me but even if they didn't leave and brought in someone who knows how to build up our football side without th comical errors from Woodward I'd still be content. I am just tired of seeing this club shoot itself in the foot.

JPRouve

Scout
So who's behind ICE? Camps separating children from their parents? Are you also saying school killings haven't gone on the rise since Trump has taken power?

Also, if you're not going to attribute widespread human rights on Trump, then you can't attribute widespread human rights on MBS.
There is a small difference of power between the leader of a republic like the US and the monarch of an absolute monarchy. Without even getting into your actual conversation that part is incredibly wrong.

edgar allan

To stay away for ethical grounds one should not look at football at all. Doping, match fixing etc.

The World Cup is being played in Qatar. People have literally died while building their stadiums and the whole of FIFA was bought in the process.

Bit of a difference between the abhorrent exploitation of workers and state sponsored genocide

thegregster

Harbinger of new information

Agree with all that plus a lot of the kit manufacturers have question marks over them.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nike_sweatshops

But you dont want to make it even worse by being owner by a regime like in Saudi.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
https://therepublikofmancunia.com/shocking-figures-show-how-much-the-glazers-have-taken-from-united/

As of 2016/17 they have taken out at least 0.8bn.

They have invested nothing in the stadium or other facilities.

All thanks to Labour and the FA.
I don't want to discuss corporate finance on this thread as it's off-topic and not particularly interesting, but interest payments do not count as taking money out of the club when used to finance debt that brought money into the club (ie. working capital). Also, the Glazers secured part of the debt against their own assets which makes the dividends (only after 10 years of owning the club mind you) understandable.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

MBS is bad news though. A Saudi takeover of United would stain the club with his misdeeds to where our brand would forever be linked to the Saudis.

Lemansky

Bit of a difference between the abhorrent exploitation of workers and state sponsored genocide
Where do you draw the line in ethics?

While I wholeheartedly agree with you, there is so much shit going on in Football.

The Qatari money in PSG, City’s money, Romans money all come from very dodgy people and places. I read a report about the World Cup and building of stadiums there and loads of people are dying building them. It was shocking reading. Teams will still participate, people will still watch. I love Manchester United. I will still watch Manchester United regardless of ownership. I will be vocal though, so the Saudis should know buying Man Utd means a lot more scrutiny on their business and behaviour.

red thru&thru

There is a small difference of power between the leader of a republic like the US and the monarch of an absolute monarchy. Without even getting into your actual conversation that part is incredibly wrong.
A crime is a crime, no matter what. But at least MBS has started to change things in Saudi. Women allowed to drive. Concerts in Saudi. New cinemas to be open there.

Look, I hate debating politics in sports. I know it goes on but we can't pick and choose. Saudis are already sponsoring us. We played out there in 2008, I think. We are already in bed with the Saudis. If people are so passionate, they should stop supporting the club now. They can't pick and choose when it becomes immoral.

JPRouve

Scout

While I wholeheartedly agree with you, there is so much shit going on in Football.

The Qatari money in PSG, City’s money, Romans money all come from very dodgy people and places. I read a report about the World Cup and building of stadiums there and loads of people are dying building them. It was shocking reading. Teams will still participate, people will still watch. I love Manchester United. I will still watch Manchester United regardless of ownership. I will be vocal though, so the Saudis should know buying Man Utd means a lot more scrutiny on their business and behaviour.
All the people that you mentioned are and have been criticized for the entirety of their ownerships and they are all a lot more ethical than Saudi Arabia which is something. And funnily enough Qatar are in immediate danger when it comes Saudi Arabia who will vaporise them at the first chance. And while Qatar are far from perfect they are not comparable to Saudi Arabia.

red thru&thru

Yea, agree with this. I bet most of us, disgusted with human rights have visited places like Dubai or Abu Dhabi and caught an Emirates flight.

Where does one start and stop again immoral wrong doings? It's just easier to separate them. If we use City as an example, they've done so much in their surrounding communities. Are those communities immoral to use/accept the opportunities created by them?

AP88

Supports
Man City

ICE pre-dates Trump. Trump hasn’t bombed anybody indiscriminately like Obama did/Clinton pledged to - the reason he’s portrayed as a tyrant by the propaganda media is because he doesn’t toe the NeoCon line. The economy is prospering, and minorities are massively better off as a result - another reason for the true racist elites to dislike him.

Go ahead and keep trying to justify a Sharia state where women are treated like disposable property, workers enslaved and homosexuals publicly exterminated - but at least have viable comparable examples of such tolerated tyranny in the West; I suspect your quest to find some will be an ongoing one.

AneRu

MBS is bad news though. A Saudi takeover of United would stain the club with his misdeeds to where our brand would forever be linked to the Saudis.
I think the smart money will be on the Saudis using a proxy, I doubt being a head of state he would ever come out as the owner of United or link the club to their sovereign fund. It wouldnt be smart but no doubt after the deal is done we might see him coming to watch matches or the team going to SA for visits and dropping by to visit.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football

Where are you getting your information from?

- ICE existed before Donald Trump
- School shootings have been commonplace for almost a decade now in US

Again what does any of this have to do with the Glazers? You are seriously clutching at straws here to find a justification.

Honestly, why not just say "I don't care about the human rights violations committed by the Saudis. I just want the club to win at any cost". That's more respectable.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I love all the false outrage at this. We are the red devils ffs. Let's have a devil in charge. Who cares.

City and PSG fans don't seem to lining up to get rid of their totally corrupt and slimy owners do they? Abramovich is best thing to ever happen to Chelsea too.

Got to move with the times I'm afraid.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I wouldn't stop supporting the club. I adore football and I'm not going to support any other club. It's still United whoever the owner may be and yes who it would be in this scenario wouldn't be ideal.

JPRouve

Scout
A crime is a crime, no matter what. But at least MBS has started to change things in Saudi. Women allowed to drive. Concerts in Saudi. New cinemas to be open there.

Look, I hate debating politics in sports. I know it goes on but we can't pick and choose. Saudis are already sponsoring us. We played out there in 2008, I think. We are already in bed with the Saudis. If people are so passionate, they should stop supporting the club now. They can't pick and choose when it becomes immoral.
Your first sentence make little sense and that's where the problem comes from. Trump isn't the US he is only a representative among many, MBS is Saudi Arabia because he is the absolute ruler. You are comparing two completely different postions, if the US wanted to buy United you may have a point, about the US.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I love all the false outrage at this. We are the red devils ffs. Let's have a devil in charge. Who cares.

City and PSG fans don't seem to lining up to get rid of their totally corrupt and slimy owners do they? Abramovich is best thing to ever happen to Chelsea too.

Got to move with the times I'm afraid.
Despite the hue and cry we wouldn't lose many fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.