Saudi Takeover - Claim deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Why? You feel white supremacy isn't a thing in the US since Trump has taken over? School killings haven't increased?
The reason school killings has increased is a subject I don’t want to touch without having relevant facts in front of me. It’s tragic enough without speculating who’s to blame but the easy availability to weapons is from my perspective a big part of it.

Why do you connect Trump to people who claim white supremacy? I see no connections. The US president is a lose cannon, a pragmatic capitalist, someone who's not careful with words but I don’t see a racist in his actions.

The Glazers are bad owners. United is suffering and our results is taking a big hit because of their incompetence how to run a football club. I want them out. Do I think the Saudis are perfect, off course no. But I prefer to judge them after they have shown us their intentions, before that is pure speculations.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
ICE pre-dates Trump. Trump hasn’t bombed anybody indiscriminately like Obama did/Clinton pledged to - the reason he’s portrayed as a tyrant by the propaganda media is because he doesn’t toe the NeoCon line. The economy is prospering, and minorities are massively better off as a result - another reason for the true racist elites to dislike him.
Utter nonsense. Stick to Manchester politics.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
I’m all in on the Saudi’s owning us as I know they will try to win and not let profit margins or debt get in the way, but I understand that I’m not from Manchester and have only been rooting for the club for the last 20 years, so my attachment to the club isn’t as complicated.

Last edited:

Yakuza_devils

I won't stop supporting Man Utd. I love the game and the team too much to give up on them regardless of who is the owner.

Also, there is no major difference to me between Saudi Arabia and USA government. If I boycott Saudi Arabia government owning man utd then I need to boycott a lot of things.

Lemansky

All the people that you mentioned are and have been criticized for the entirety of their ownerships and they are all a lot more ethical than Saudi Arabia which is something. And funnily enough Qatar are in immediate danger when it comes Saudi Arabia who will vaporise them at the first chance. And while Qatar are far from perfect they are not comparable to Saudi Arabia.
Agree. But this is not my point.

People will still watch the World Cup, even when they know people have paid with their lives to build the stadiums...

This is not worthy of a boycott or not watching. So we have a moral hierarchy where some evils are acceptable.

My point is. Football is dirty. There is a lot of bad people, Organizations, agents and owners involved.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
see, this is the norm, but it does not mean this is right. Sports and football specifically should not be about changing the clubs into a soulless organisation. That is why the clubs that have owners not intrested in making money out of the clubs will always be successful. Look at Bayern Munich, Barca and Madrid. Every money they generate goes to the club. While we since the leeches took over we paid them and their debt 1 billion pounds.
None of them are backed by dictators seeking a PR vehicle.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Why do you connect Trump to people who claim white supremacy? I see no connections. The US president is a lose cannon, a pragmatic capitalist, someone who's not careful with words but I don’t see a racist in his actions.
He's definitely empowered racists. The whole being a wall thing helped enamour him with them.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Agree. But this is not my point.

People will still watch the World Cup, even when they know people have paid with their lives to build the stadiums...

This is not worthy of a boycott or not watching. So we have a moral hierarchy where some evils are acceptable.

My point is. Football is dirty. There is a lot of bad people, Organizations, agents and owners involved.
It doesn't mean that you have to accept them as owners in an hypothetical scenario.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So there's no actual news following this tweet, right? Sounds more like it was bullshit

red thru&thru

ICE pre-dates Trump. Trump hasn’t bombed anybody indiscriminately like Obama did/Clinton pledged to - the reason he’s portrayed as a tyrant by the propaganda media is because he doesn’t toe the NeoCon line. The economy is prospering, and minorities are massively better off as a result - another reason for the true racist elites to dislike him.

Go ahead and keep trying to justify a Sharia state where women are treated like disposable property, workers enslaved and homosexuals publicly exterminated - but at least have viable comparable examples of such tolerated tyranny in the West; I suspect your quest to find some will be an ongoing one.

Go ahead and keep trying to justify a Sharia state where women are treated like disposable property, workers enslaved and homosexuals publicly exterminated - but at least have viable comparable examples of such tolerated tyranny in the West; I suspect your quest to find some will be an ongoing one.
But you support City, so why are you getting so involved?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
The reason school killings has increased is a subject I don’t want to touch without having relevant facts in front of me. It’s tragic enough without speculating who’s to blame but the easy availability to weapons is from my perspective a big part of it.

Genuinely not sure if serious...

If you have even a basic grasp of political rhetoric, it's blatantly obvious that Trump used, and uses racism to further his own end.

He has willfully fanned the flames of racial hatred in the U.S.

It would be difficult, in modern Western politics for a President of America to be any more openly racist than Trump has been in the modern era.

lsd

The Oracle
Is Trump buying us now ?

How do threads get so far off topic on here ?

Lemansky

It doesn't mean that you have to accept them as owners in an hypothetical scenario.
I am not accepting them. As I said earlier- there will be a lot more scrutiny on them. This goes both ways. Purchasing Man Utd will get them in the spotlight when they want positivity but will also give a lot more focus to the negative aspects of their country and organisations.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
True an like @devilish said most of the outraged will be back onside once Fergie and Charlton are deployed to tell them to get with the program.
We had one opportunity to buy the club ie when Edwards made us a PLC. Instead the fans at the time preferred buying shirts and match tickets instead of buying shares. That ship had since sailed. United is too big to be bought by fans. Honestly its too big for business men to buy it as well.

Once we're sold the Saudis will buy us out. The glory hunters will get their trophies back, the muppets will get their shiny toys and the top reds will have a lecture from Sir Alex who will tell them to give the Saudi prince a standing ovation or else he will start thinking that they aren't top reds at all. Everyone will fall in line as they always do.

red thru&thru

Where are you getting your information from?

- ICE existed before Donald Trump
- School shootings have been commonplace for almost a decade now in US

Again what does any of this have to do with the Glazers? You are seriously clutching at straws here to find a justification.

Honestly, why not just say "I don't care about the human rights violations committed by the Saudis. I just want the club to win at any cost". That's more respectable.
Well you're tying every Saudi as bad people. What are the facts you have about the potential buyout being by MBS?

So if you tie every Saudi as a terrorist etc, why are you not trying every American the same? They have wronged and waged and bomb countries previously.

Also, I've said plenty of times, I'm not totally comfortable with a new ownership, until we know what their intentions are.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
When I think about all those poor Yemeni kids that Joel and Avram Glazer have condemned to cholera, starvation and death...oh, wait that's Mohammad Bin Salman.

JPRouve

Scout
I am not accepting them. As I said earlier- there will be a lot more scrutiny on them. This goes both ways. Purchasing Man Utd will get them in the spotlight when they want positivity but will also give a lot more focus to the negative aspects of their country and organisations.
Owning United will change nothing on that front they are already in the spotlight you are not talking about a micro state like Qatar or UAE, as long as they have money and oil they will continue to do whatever they want, however they want.

red thru&thru

Your first sentence make little sense and that's where the problem comes from. Trump isn't the US he is only a representative among many, MBS is Saudi Arabia because he is the absolute ruler. You are comparing two completely different postions, if the US wanted to buy United you may have a point, about the US.
But who said MBS wants to buy United? He has denied this himself? If every Saudi businessman is MBS and the state, then he can't buy us anyway, as Saudis already own Sheffield United.

stevoc

A crime is a crime, no matter what. But at least MBS has started to change things in Saudi. Women allowed to drive. Concerts in Saudi. New cinemas to be open there.

Look, I hate debating politics in sports. I know it goes on but we can't pick and choose. Saudis are already sponsoring us. We played out there in 2008, I think. We are already in bed with the Saudis. If people are so passionate, they should stop supporting the club now. They can't pick and choose when it becomes immoral.
That makes no sense of course they can. Everyone has their own moral compass and everyone's will be slightly different.

red thru&thru

That makes no sense of course they can. Everyone has their own moral compass and everyone's will be slightly different.
So then why do people come in this post and say they can't believe the morality of people who want Saudi owners?

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Well you're tying every Saudi as bad people. What are the facts you have about the potential buyout being by MBS?

So if you tie every Saudi as a terrorist etc, why are you not trying every American the same? They have wronged and waged and bomb countries previously.

Also, I've said plenty of times, I'm not totally comfortable with a new ownership, until we know what their intentions are.
Actually I am not. I've mostly addressed some of the frankly outrageous claims and comparisons you've made.

Any Saudi ownership will no doubt be linked to MBS as he runs a dictatorship. The US is not. That is why the links are made.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
And the US and Germany and probably loads more. It's like with China, following with action on those human rights violations is only feasible with poor nations where you can't make any money.

It's a shame really but yeah if they end up buying us I'm probably done with football altogether. Rugby seems like an interesting enough sport.
Doubt the Saudi will care one bit .
Bye then. Have a great life!

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
When I think about all those poor Yemeni kids that Joel and Avram Glazer have condemned to cholera, starvation and death...oh, wait that's Mohammad Bin Salman.
Pfft who cares about little things like that, the transfer forum will be really busy and we'll buy loads of players, that's the most important thing!

red thru&thru

Actually I am not. I've mostly addressed some of the frankly outrageous claims and comparisons you've made.

Any Saudi ownership will no doubt be linked to MBS as he runs a dictatorship. The US is not. That is why the links are made.
Will it? Oh ok then United can't be bought by Saudis. Saudis already own a PL club.

JPRouve

Scout
But who said MBS wants to buy United? He has denied this himself? If every Saudi businessman is MBS and the state, then he can't buy us anyway, as Saudis already own Sheffield United.
MBS is the only one that has actually been linked to it, if it's just a Saudi then it's a different story.

mu4c_20le

Probably because not every Saudi businessman can just pull out £4b from their back pocket..

stevoc

I won't stop supporting Man Utd. I love the game and the team too much to give up on them regardless of who is the owner.

Also, there is no major difference to me between Saudi Arabia and USA government. If I boycott Saudi Arabia government owning man utd then I need to boycott a lot of things.
Good thing we're not currently owned by either government then.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
The British and American governments don’t own any sports teams through which to launder their image. Not seeing the link.
No. They operate in the highest league called the UN Security Council from which they launder their wrongdoings and image.

Status
Not open for further replies.