Saudi Takeover - Claim deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

C'est Moi Cantona

I agree with the top paragraph. We don't need the Saudis for their money as such, we just need someone to allow us to be more competitive and have the correct structure in place. Glazer's have proven that they will not do this.
Yes, so we're left wanting something that might kill the club that we know, all because the Glazers won't grasp what is staring everyone else in the face.

C'est Moi Cantona

In what way do you mean kill the club?

But yea, Glazer's are clueless.
I don't know we'd be recognisable as United under ownership like this, we would be joining the clubs everyone says who's successes are meaningless (City and PSG), becasue they are owned by who they are, yet we'd be owned by an even richer and worse regime.

We are still the club with the highest turnover, biggest stadium, most support, etc, in the prem, we don't need this, we just need more intelligent football people running the club.

bp19992

Can someone explain to me if it's about the Saudi royal family owning United or just some random Saudi Arabian investor?

red thru&thru

I don't know we'd be recognisable as United under ownership like this, we would be joining the clubs everyone says who's successes are meaningless (City and PSG), becasue they are owned by who they are, yet we'd be owned by an even richer and worse regime.

We are still the club with the highest turnover, biggest stadium, most support, etc, in the prem, we don't need this, we just need more intelligent football people running the club.
I'd like to think we wouldn't need to fiddle the books to spend to comply to the FFP, like the other teo clubs mentioned. I'd like to think we'd be allowed to spend our income and have placed competent people in charge of the club.

Naivety from my part perhaps but I can't see how they'd kill us as a club. Excuse the words I'm about to use but they would 'liberate' us as a club and not worry about the burden of the debt and penny pinching, like under Glazer's.

Like I've said previously, I'm thinking about this purely from a sporting perspective and not involving politics.

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
If any of these rumours are remotely true then I am putting a positive spin on the takeover. Very likely due to my deep-rooted affection for the club.

It's great and exciting to witness changes that are emerging in Saudi over the last few years. If anything, these changes should be supported. Purchasing United will be a massive catalyst for those changes. It will give the country and it's leaders more media attention either positive or critical and will add pace to the changes.

If we're going to be judging buyers of multi-million/billion businesses on their present and past conduct then there are a lot of examples of massive businesses owned by corrupt individuals and governments. I'm not saying this is ethically or morally correct but it's the way of the world and big business. Personally, I may not be morally or ethically upstanding as some of the posters in this thread, so you have my respect if you're disgusted and appalled by any prospective purchase of the club. You are better people than myself.
Didn't they literally just chop up a journalist last year.

I get the point of your post but its like looking at the founding fathers of america and saying - well ok they own people as slaves(Fingers cross they realise how bad that idea is) but their views on free speech are super fecking dope or Queen Victoria might have caused a famine in Ireland but girl power!!!!

Just my view but I think it would be far better if people were just honest and said due to the deep-rotted affection they have for United all the nasty shite the saudi royal family are involved in doesn't out weigh that affection. Nothing good can come out of a Saudi owned United, the fact is a Saudi own United will only strengthen the royal family and their awful crimes. But lets at least be honest about it rather than trying to convince ourselves that spending £100 million on Jadon Sancho is somehow empowering the feminist movement in Saudi Arabia.

Last edited:

Roboc7

Oh ok, how do you know he's a nobody in terms of the Saud family? And when did he say the Saud family had bought United?

Then comes this guy...

Is he a nobody too?
So a person in Saudi Arabia tweets they would like owners to leave and that’s evidence of a sale?. Seems a stretch.

The guy who started this is a nobody in terms of Saud family, he’s just someone in a press office for one person. That’s it, it’s distasteful how desperate so many fans are to be owned by the Saudi’s. People should look into what they regime does and how they treat people and not what some low level employee is posting on LinkedIn.

stevoc

Mate, you replied to my comments originally, not the other way around. So you obviously had some point to make, which it seems to have gone missing.
My point was obvious mate i've reiterated it a few times now. Which was everyone can and does have their own opinion on what is and isn't morally right/wrong. You can't make absolute statements like

They can't pick and choose when it becomes immoral.
But what point have you been trying to make in our subsequent discussion though mate?

Thats a genuine question i would honestly like to know as i accept i could be completely missing it.

red thru&thru

So a person in Saudi Arabia tweets they would like owners to leave and that’s evidence of a sale?. Seems a stretch.

The guy who started this is a nobody in terms of Saud family, he’s just someone in a press office for one person. That’s it, it’s distasteful how desperate so many fans are to be owned by the Saudi’s. People should look into what they regime does and how they treat people and not what some low level employee is posting on LinkedIn.
Who are you implying here?

red thru&thru

My point was obvious mate i've reiterated it a few times now. Which was everyone can and does have their own opinion on what is and isn't morally right/wrong. You can't make absolute statements like

But what point have you been trying to make in our subsequent discussion though mate?

Thats a genuine question i would honestly like to know as i accept i could be completely missing it.
My statement is, like someone has just replied to one of my above posts, that they feel fans who want this buyout from Saudis to happen is distasteful.

So my original point was aimed at them. Genuinely mate, if you still don't understand this, I don't mind direct messaging you and clarifying further, as I believe our conversation on this is adding no real substance to this post.

dev1l

Saudis would be immune to scrutiny? By whom?
What scrutiny?
I read reports about them donating substantial amounts of money to big media groups in Europe. I assume that a number of politicians are also recipients of similar "donations".

So I wonder why who ll do the "scrutiny"..

red thru&thru

Nah I'm paraphrasing an idiotic post I saw earlier. Let me see if I can find it.

Edit:

Oh, it was you.
Hahahaaha. Who's the idiot here? I asked the question and you latched on to it? I never said it was for accountability but you certainly did. What a funny person you are. :lol::lol::lol:

red thru&thru

What scrutiny?
I read reports about them donating substantial amounts of money to big media groups in Europe. I assume that a number of politicians are also recipients of similar "donations".

So I wonder why who ll do the "scrutiny"..
The fans of Manchester United? There is a billion of them after all.

Scotty McT

Hahahaaha. Who's the idiot here? I asked the question and you latched on to it? I never said it was for accountability but you certainly did. What a funny person you are. :lol::lol::lol:
Even asking the question is next levels of naivety.

'Might Jamal Khashoggi have been saved if the Saudis owned United?'

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
So to all the people that will stop following United if this happens will you also leave the caf?

red thru&thru

If you are immune to international scrutiny then armchair football supporters are not going to change your behaviour.
Which I totally get. But my question is again, why would MBS want to buy United if they're is no positive gain for him? Maybe it is true then that MBS doesn't want to purchase United, maybe it is some other Saudi?!

Status
Not open for further replies.