Saudi Takeover - Claim deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siorac

There are sects of Muslims that are as Liberal or more Liberal than many Christians. But you want to wash the whole of the Islam religion as backwards and old testament.

There are Islamic countries that don't have this sort of violance to the degree suggested.
I think it's important to differentiate between countries with a Muslim majority and literal theocracies where religion plays a dominant role in the state.

The former are just countries like any other; some are better, some are worse. The latter are something I'd rather avoid. Does that also apply to Christian theocracies? Certainly, but there's not a lot of those around anymore and none of them are rumoured to buy us.

Jev

Guys, I don't really understand why you don't want this owner ?

Because they are morally not correct ?

They are not correct for the English perspective, but from their perspective, they are fine no ?

I mean, do you all think that the Glazers are better in terms of ethic ?
Uhh, yes.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Enlivex Therapeutics and Redhil Biopharma doing well on the NYSE but not United.

Enlivex announcing promising stage one trials for a sepsis treatment, Redhill approved to sell stomach bacteria medicine. We announced the next episode of the United podcast will be out tomorrow featuring Dimitar Berbatov.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
That stock exchange building lied to us.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I think it's important to differentiate between countries with a Muslim majority and literal theocracies where religion plays a dominant role in the state.

The former are just countries like any other; some are better, some are worse. The latter are something I'd rather avoid. Does that also apply to Christian theocracies? Certainly, but there's not a lot of those around anymore and none of them are rumoured to buy us.
Just so you know Saudi's version of Islam is a pretty distorted/non mainstream one. They've done a good job of spreading that to other countries.

Even so, Saudi use this weapon on locals and not foreign assets. The worse they will do is spread "visit saudi arabia" propaganda. It's not like Marcus Rashford will be turning into a Wahabi. Also, does anyone even know who is buying us? Not every Saudi is a devil.

My whole thing is that western institutions deserve to be bought by Saudi and given a taste of their own medicine. For decades Western countries have been funding Saudi Arabia who have been bullying smaller asian nations and destabilizing them.

No one gives a crap about all of that. Now that they are getting involved in something "sacred" to the west like Man United, maybe -- just maybe, people wake up to the hypocrisy of their own governments.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
#FullTweetWanker #BlueTickWanker #HashtagWanker #LinkedInWanker

Who the feck post a statement on LinkedIn?

stevoc

Zidane and Figo both cost more than 60 million at the time. Given his profile, Beckham was in that category. That was the expectation.
Probably only for you mate because those numbers are way off. We're talking pounds here lets remember. You didn't get the Euro fee from 2000-2001 and convert it to GBP with the 2019 exchange rate did you?

Figo 2000 Barcelona to Real £37m

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/4761892/Figo-joins-Real-in-world-record-37.4m-deal.html

Zidane 2001 Juventus to Real £46m

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2001/jul/10/newsstory.sport1

As i said no chance anyone was paying £70m for Beckham in 2003 no matter his profile mate.

Last edited:

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
I'm calling it now.

MBS taking over will be the best thing to happen to United since Fergie/Cantona/CR7.

This place going into meltdown will be the icing on the cake.

Uniquim

Probably only for you mate because those numbers are way off. We're talking pounds here lets remember.

Figo 2000 Barcelona to Real £37m

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/4761892/Figo-joins-Real-in-world-record-37.4m-deal.html

Zidane 2001 Juventus to Real £46m

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2001/jul/10/newsstory.sport1

As i said no chance anyone was paying £70m for Beckham in 2003 no matter his profile mate.

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/monetary-policy/inflation/inflation-calculator

If you factor in inflation these amounts would be:

Figo, 2000, 37m would equal 61.1m GBP in 2018.
Zidane, 2001, 46m would equal 74.7m GBP in 2018.

Also, for reference:
Beckham's 2003 transfer for 25m would be 38.8m in 2018.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Basically the guy that tweeted the news knows nothing.

stevoc

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Wow, this guy is really going in hard, isn't he? Very interesting.
He's not at all. He's saying they are and aren't interested. Covering all bases. He knows feck all and is just trying to drum up some attention.

The Firestarter

Guys, I don't really understand why you don't want this owner ?

Because they are morally not correct ?

They are not correct for the English perspective, but from their perspective, they are fine no ?

I mean, do you all think that the Glazers are better in terms of ethic ? Probably as dirty as every billionaires in this world.

We can let them buy the club (if they do), we can judge them with their choices, if they put money on Old Trafford, on Carrington, on youth, and of course the first team.

It's the same thing here in France. The PSG owners are always contested because of their origins.

So guys, if they put money on my club, if they invest correctly I would be happy with every owners.
Yeah, why can't we put ourselves into the shoes of murderers for once ?

red thru&thru

He's not at all. He's saying they are and aren't interested. Covering all bases. He knows feck all and is just trying to drum up some attention.
Yea, maybe. But we know how controlled the media is within SA, very odd if he keeps blurting out such rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.