Saudi Takeover - Claim deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
My opinion on this is that with recent results and the fact that if we have another poor finish, sponsorship money will take a huge hit, the Glazers would likely jump at the chance to sell.

Yes we still make a lot, but if things keep going south, the clubs value will take a hit and commercial revenue will fall too, meaning they wont be able to leach as much from the club. Theyd likely want out so they can go buy another brand/club and continue their parasitic ways.
Didn't they enquire about a Mexican club recently?

red thru&thru

So now is this more legitimate that an English newspaper has put a comment on the value that the Glazer's would sell?

Castia

Champions League not being a regular thing and sponsorship deals dropping along with a load of money needed for a new squad and the Glazers will soon be gone. They loved putting little in and getting everything in return but it’s not like that anymore, huge investment is needed.

arthurka

Champions League not being a regular thing and sponsorship deals dropping along with a load of money needed for a new squad and the Glazers will soon be gone. They loved putting little in and getting everything in return but it’s not like that anymore, huge investment is needed.
I agree there is a need for huge investments and they can't do it.

JJ12

Say bye bye to united way. Because we definitely cant win without a sugar daddies
Not really the case, not sure the Saudi's are the right answer in the footballing sense either.

Spending our own money in the right way with the right structure is what we need. Glazers are fecking leaches.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
If the Glazers ever intend to sell the club then they can't really afford to let the Saudis pass by if they are interested in United (which I've always doubted) - I can't see who else but this type of buyer would pay in the billions for a failing club that doesn't generate more than we do (regardless of if they are records for the industry).

If the Glazers do get an offer from them and mess them around so they go instead to buy a club like Liverpool or Newcastle then I can't see who they realistic think might ever buy the club for billions.

Obviously I'm just some cnut on the internet, but I can't see them having much choice but to accept a serious offer from them if one came-in.

Still think it's all bollocks though.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Not really the case, not sure the Saudi's are the right answer in the footballing sense either.

Spending our own money in the right way with the right structure is what we need. Glazers are fecking leaches.
Glazer took 20m divident each year mate. So yeah, we could probably have an extra 20m for our transfer kitty

JJ12

Glazer took 20m divident each year mate. So yeah, we could probably have an extra 20m for our transfer kitty
Yeah, they haven't been the issue.

You're right.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Say bye bye to united way. Because we definitely cant win without a sugar daddies
We actually could if we had the right people in the right places but instead of spending all summer haggling over Sancho we'd be asking Sancho or Mbappe? Feck it buy them both.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
This isn't true. We have spent a lot of money recently, its how we have spent it that is really the issue not the amount

DaniDan

What's happening to the shares listed in NYSE if the Saudi are buying? Are they buying the whole thing (the Glazers + the outstanding listed), just the Glazers' shares (the one listed stay listed), or just maybe 51% to get majority? Any detail? Cheers.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
God Man United being run without debt would be amazing. One can only dream but I very much doubt it would happen.
That reality or situation is gone forever. We will always be indebted to whomever our owners are .

ash_86

More than the money that would come in , i'm interested about the professionalism that the new owners would bring. We've been in this mess because of this management making clueless decisions all the time. Can't wait for the current one to feck off.

Cassidy

God Man United being run without debt would be amazing. One can only dream but I very much doubt it would happen.
We service debt currently at 2% of annual turnover which is nothing.

Cassidy

More than the money that would come in , i'm interested about the professionalism that the new owners would bring. We've been in this mess because of this management making clueless decisions all the time. Can't wait for the current one to feck off.

This is the key for me. Our owners are not very good and it has nothing to do with the money side. We are poorly managed when it comes to our infrastructure and sporting management.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Dousing the problems with more than enough cash isnt professionalim. It's just cheat mode on.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
This is the key for me. Our owners are not very good and it has nothing to do with the money side. We are poorly managed when it comes to our infrastructure and sporting management.
It’s all still individual people driven. Who is to say the Saudi in charge will know who the right person is to appoint as CEO, DOF and manager? Someone has to make that perfect set of decisions.

Do they ask Gill to come back in? What if Gill doesn’t have the best knowledge these days. Or which other club structure do they raid and entrust with their billions? Unlike when City raided Barcelona, there isn't an obvious club management structure we could raid.

Given that the Saudi's in charge will likely not be football experts, isn't it likely they will choose the wrong people?

Last edited:

ash_86

Dousing the problems with more than enough cash isnt professionalim. It's just cheat mode on.
Read my stance. I said money is not why i want them. We're the richest club in the world and has spent a billion pounds last 6 years. Money is the least of our problems unlike City when they got took over. What we need right now is top class proven professionals in all the stages of the club making sound footballing decisions. Good news is we can pay for ourselves and we just need to be allowed to.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Read my stance. I said money is not why i want them. We're the richest club in the world and has spent a billion pounds last 6 years. Money is the least of our problems unlike City when they got took over. What we need right now is top class proven professionals in all the stages of the club making sound footballing decisions. Good news is we can pay for ourselves and we just need to be allowed to.
So why all the hots on saud if we dont need their money?

You do know that saudi arabians arent well known for their management prowess. They're just so damn rich it doesmt matter

You do know that saudi arabians arent well known for their management prowess. They're just so damn rich it doesmt matter
Assume there's probably a broadly average distribution of good investors among Saudi Arabians since when you get right down to it they're no different to any other group of humans. Also consider that out of the top 50 highest earning companies world wide Saudi Aramco has by far and a way the biggest profit margin: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_..._revenue#List_of_largest_companies_by_revenue

ash_86

Saudi's knows jackshit about football(thats a good thing) and the first thing they will do is rip out the entire structure and bring competent people in. That by itself is a huge win for us. Imagine professional footballing people making footballing decisions.

Cassidy

It’s all still individual people driven. Who is to say the Saudi in charge will know who the right person is to appoint as CEO, DOF and manager? Someone has to make that perfect set of decisions.

Do they ask Gill to come back in? What if Gill doesn’t have the best knowledge these days. Or which other club structure do they raid and entrust with their billions? Unlike when City raided Barcelona, there isn't an obvious club management structure we could raid.

Given that the Saudi's in charge will likely not be football experts, isn't it likely they will choose the wrong people?
Gill wasn't a great CEO imo but thats another story.

From the infrastructure perspective Im confident they would be better than the Glazers. Not sure about the football side which is why I said that is what is key for me.

They need to hire a Sporting Director who knows football. I don’t think the CEO needs to know football to he honest, its not really their remit in this day and age, as long as they are happy to relinquish that control

My issue with the Glazers isnt really the money its the way they have run the club.

MDFC Manager

How much money are we spending on paying off the debt each season?
I think something like Fred money.

Point being, even if that money wasn't supposed to go towards debt payment, the cnuts in charge would splurge it on players like Fred.

reddevil702

The investment needed to bring United back to the top is huge. Results will impact the United brand and sponsorship deals will begin to reflect that, starting with Adidas. Add to that the potential sacking of Ole and another manager payoff. This will all take its toll and United won’t be the same cash cow the Glazers have been able to count on for the past 4-5 years. If the Saudi’s present a good offer, from a business perspective - which is the way the Glazers view everything - why wouldn’t they sell? Cash-in now and avoid the headache of having to clean up the mess they’ve created.

TRUERED89

Glazers will feck off, we will be debt free, we will actually be able to use all the money that we generate on ourselves. Saudis will want to make sure that the club is at the very top of the pyramid, so they will employ top of the top experts. Feck Glazers, feck Woodward, feck leaking roof at OT, feck languishing midtable, feck shitty and scousers.
Amen..

Jericholyte2

Yep. So uber rich isn't actually scratching the surface. Crazy, innit...the distribution of wealth eh.
The distribution is ridiculous - the wealthiest 8 families in the world have the same wealth as the bottom 50% of the entire world population!

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Do you think it would be a good idea to have a poll in this thread to see if the majority of our fans would welcome or oppose a Saudi takeover?

I’m curious anyway.

pacifictheme

Do you think it would be a good idea to have a poll in this thread to see if the majority of our fans would welcome or oppose a Saudi takeover?

I’m curious anyway.
Supporting a take over by the saudis would be horrible so i fully expect our fanbase to be behind it overall because who cares about oppression when you're winning football matches.

Andy_Cole

Supporting a take over by the saudis would be horrible so i fully expect our fanbase to be behind it overall because who cares about oppression when you're winning football matches.
Well it’s not just about winning is it?

Do you not see us on the decline? The football club we loved falling behind, making the wrong decision again and again. Do you not see our stadium getting more dated and dated? Do you not see the danger of us potentially becoming another Leeds one day?

Why shouldn’t we let the Saudis do good for this club. Because that’s what they’ll be doing. Good. Yes they may be bad, but why stop them doing good.

I’m talking about the community and fans, the tea ladies, the Women’s team. From the top down it’ll benefit people worldwide.

The distribution is ridiculous - the wealthiest 8 families in the world have the same wealth as the bottom 50% of the entire world population!
I heard something similar, the richest 40 individuals in the world control as much wealth as the bottom 3 billion. The Pareto principle at work: "To those who have everything more will be given, from those who have nothing everything will be taken"

TRUERED89

:lol:

Everyone’s talking about how evil and ruthless they are, you really think they’d let another Woodward situation happen ? 6 years of bollocks ? Woody will end up in the Shawarma meat being roasted on the skewer :lol:.

Status
Not open for further replies.