Saudi Takeover - Claim deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRUERED89

Supporting a take over by the saudis would be horrible so i fully expect our fanbase to be behind it overall because who cares about oppression when you're winning football matches.
Let’s see how much you mention oppression, when our front 3 is Martial, Mbappe and Sancho :lol:.

Scotty McT

Well it’s not just about winning is it?

Do you not see us on the decline? The football club we loved falling behind, making the wrong decision again and again. Do you not see our stadium getting more dated and dated? Do you not see the danger of us potentially becoming another Leeds one day?

Why shouldn’t we let the Saudis do good for this club. Because that’s what they’ll be doing. Good. Yes they may be bad, but why stop them doing good.

I’m talking about the community and fans, the tea ladies, the Women’s team. From the top down it’ll benefit people worldwide.
Does she need a new kettle?

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Supporting a take over by the saudis would be horrible so i fully expect our fanbase to be behind it overall because who cares about oppression when you're winning football matches.
Perhaps, although if I was to have a guess, I would say that at this moment in time around 40% of fans would welcome a Saudi takeover, and 60% would be against it.

I also suspect that these figures will change as and when our season gets progressively worse, ending up with the majority welcoming a Saudi takeover.

@Mods / @Niall, any chance we can get a poll added to this thread please?

Conor

I always find it funny when people make the excuse of "Well I ignore all these other bad things, so I couldn't possibly start changing my mind now". Talk about mental gymnastics, why not begin to take a stand for a glaring example like the Saudi royal family, and work from there?

Not caring about the football club you love being owned by literal monsters(who persecute people on a daily basis), for the sake of some new players and the possibility of trophies, is cretinous behaviour. Don't try and make yourself feel ok about it with whubbery.

CallyRed

What if we were on the verge of bankruptcy/liquidation and the Saudis were the only one willing to buy.

Start again from the bottom of the pyramid under the name Manchester of United

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The total amount of dividends paid to shareholders is 23m.

Scotty McT

It's worrying seeing people cosying up to the Saudis and their cold hard Kash.

Infra-red

25m a year isn't an insignificant amount. Especially when there was no reason we had to be saddled with it.
I agree that it is £25m effectively wasted each year, which is a damn shame. There are certainly better things that the money could be spent on.

In the grand scheme of things, it is however a rather insignificant amount - it only buys you half a Fred in today's market.

Scotty McT

I agree that it is £25m effectively wasted each year, which is a damn shame. There are certainly better things that the money could be spent on.

In the grand scheme of things, it is however a rather insignificant amount - it only buys you half a Fred in today's market.
It'll only buy you half a Freddo in about 10 years if Cadbury keep raising the prices.

pacifictheme

Let’s see how much you mention oppression, when our front 3 is Martial, Mbappe and Sancho :lol:.
Will be cancelling my membership (had it for 30 years) and fecking the club off tbh. Don't want to but becoming willing fans of a saudi pr machine isn't something i'm up for.

pacifictheme

Do you not see us on the decline? The football club we loved falling behind, making the wrong decision again and again. Do you not see our stadium getting more dated and dated? Do you not see the danger of us potentially becoming another Leeds one day?

Why shouldn’t we let the Saudis do good for this club. Because that’s what they’ll be doing. Good. Yes they may be bad, but why stop them doing good.

I’m talking about the community and fans, the tea ladies, the Women’s team. From the top down it’ll benefit people worldwide.
Car crash of a post.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
25m a year isn't an insignificant amount. Especially when there was no reason we had to be saddled with it.
Most clubs that aren't owned by sugar daddies have debt that they service, it's a more efficient way of financing and it can also allow you to reduce the taxes that you pay.

Scotty McT

There are countless examples of charities rejecting donations from unscrupulous characters. If you were the CEO of Oxfam would you accept donations from Gary Glitter?

I wouldn't. Similarly, I wouldn't want my team to be owned by unscrupulous characters, such as someone who chopped a journalist to pieces a year ago.

RUCK4444

Will be cancelling my membership (had it for 30 years) and fecking the club off tbh. Don't want to but becoming willing fans of a saudi pr machine isn't something i'm up for.
I cannot get my head around how people think we would somehow be actively supporting the Saudi dictatorship.

I mean we as fans have no say who we are sold to for a start.

If anything you would be letting the scumbags win and take your club away from you.

The stance of just cutting ties with the club achieves nothing, it only causes inconvenience for the individual themselves, losing out on following your club, the tribalism and all that brings from a social aspect for the average fan.

If people are so against it then why not go to the matches with a few banners or protest outside Old Trafford?
That I could appreciate and that would get some attention from the media.

Simply taking the high ground on a football forum and skulking off to try and make a point is all a bit silly.
No offence intended to any of you lads and lasses but just my opinion.

Hambley

In respect of football we surely will improve with Saudi as owners. I'm sure they will appoint a DOF and give football persons to do their business while doing their own finanсial part. About Saudi's background and giving up supporting the club - it's just ridiculous. We have always supported the club, not the owners. How many of fans would name United's owners in 1950-s, 1960-s etc without help of Google and Wikipedia? How many owners of United will be in the nearest future? They all dissapear but club and its glorious name remain.

Xaviboy

Will we see champagne football under the new owners if it happens. I'm sure they will want to be entertained.

Scotty McT

In respect of football we surely will improve with Saudi as owners. I'm sure they will appoint a DOF and give football persons to do their business while doing their own finanсial part. About Saudi's background and giving up supporting the club - it's just ridiculous. We have always supported the club, not the owners. How many of fans would name United's owners in 1950-s, 1960-s etc without help of Google and Wikipedia? How many owners of United will be in the nearest future? They all dissapear but club and its glorious name remain.
If United were owned by murderous head of state - say, Joseph Stalin - in the 1950s I'd be able to name our then-owner.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I always find it funny when people make the excuse of "Well I ignore all these other bad things, so I couldn't possibly start changing my mind now". Talk about mental gymnastics, why not begin to take a stand for a glaring example like the Saudi royal family, and work from there?

Not caring about the football club you love being owned by literal monsters(who persecute people on a daily basis), for the sake of some new players and the possibility of trophies, is cretinous behaviour. Don't try and make yourself feel ok about it with whubbery.
With all respect other than sitting in your comfy armchair telling the rest of us what we should be doing what exactly are you doing about it? If it wasn't for them being linked to the club would you honestly think twice about the Saudi people? If the answer is no then shame on you. Do you think stopping supporting our club is going to make a blind bit of difference?

I obviously don't know what you're doing about it but if I had to hazard a guess I would say feck all other than preaching to the rest of us which would be very hypocritical of you.

BTW what exactly is whubbery? If we were talking about the Chinese I might understand but as we're not...

Andy_Cole

Question to you moral lot.

What if it comes out the royal family killed Diana? They also did many other horrible things. Also that Prince was part of a Paedophile rink.

Would you leave this country? Would you denounce your citizenship?

Honestly, Manchester United as part of me as much as England. And I wouldn’t stop being passionate about both. There is more to both than the a few people’s actions.

pacifictheme

Was being ironic there.
Fair enough.

Honestly i really hope it doezn't happen. The club is as rich as it needs to be, it just needs a new md or whatever. But not to sell its soul to one of the worst dictatorships in the world.

I'm not taking the moral high ground i just can't be a part of it. Taking a banner to a match will do feck all. All i can do is write the club off really. Would rather we were shit, i still look forward to every match like some kind of masochistic twat.

mu4c_20le

I'm sure if they were brutal dictators, they would've been much more well known. The club and its name wouldn't be as glorious today, either.

dev1l

What if it comes out the royal family killed Diana? They also did many other horrible things. Also that Prince was part of a Paedophile rink.

Honestly, Manchester United as part of me as much as England. And I wouldn’t stop being passionate about both. There is more to both than the a few people’s actions.
The Royal family are not the owners of Manchester united as far as I know. So you re comparing apples and oranges

pacifictheme

Aside from the fact that the royal family are just a family that lives in the uk those two scenarios aren't the same thing. Stopping a hobby isn't remotely comparible to emigrating.

You're sliding back into horse shit andy.

Scotty McT

I'm already a member of Republic because the idea of a monarchy is absurd to me, whether it's an English monarchy or a Saudi one. Luckily the British royal family don't have much power relatively speaking.

Scotty McT

Question to you Saudi Arabia fans:

Is there any hypothetical scenario that would cause you to take a step back from supporting United? If you were alive in the late 1930s and Hitler decided he wanted to buy United as a PR boost for Nazi Germany would you continue supporting the club?

SirAF

Ageist

Is there any hypothetical scenario that would cause you to take a step back from supporting United? If you were alive in the late 1930s and Hitler decided he wanted to buy United as a PR boost for Nazi Germany would you continue supporting the club?
People are not alive in the late 1930s though. Hypotheticals are boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.