Saudi Takeover - Claim deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I haven't seen any substantive UK movement to stop selling UK weapons to Saudi to kill Yemani's with, nor to stop buying their oil. I haven't even seen any substantive movement to break any form of the relationship since the Khashoggi affair. Are you telling me its upto Manchester United fans?
All you and many others have done in this thread is display selective morality. Thats fine, we can all think what we like, but other can also think it's deeply hypocritical.
If you look at what I've written, I haven't actually said that. I don't know what the proper response to this is as a United fan and a democrat, that's pretty much why we're here 51 pages deep into a thread based on a single tweet by a person no one here had heard of beforehand. I simply made the case that heaping the Glazers in the same category as the Saudi Royal family was flawed thinking. I also don't see how you can make the case that just because our system is flawed and their system is seriously flawed, anything goes. Surely in both cases the onus is always on the individual. The sovereign individual that beholds well-articulated moral virtue reforms the state. Merely saying you don't have a responsibility as a human being to take a stand against something that is wrong does nothing for anybody. The problem here is determining whether this is wrong or not, being satisfied with "we do bad stuff too" or "the Glazers aren't perfect" doesn't constitute proper justification for supporting this.

Last edited:

Roboc7

Don't know why they'd get so wound up in a forum and say they'd give up United. After all, it's imaginary.
Exactly it’s not real, the person this stemmed from has already started backtracking. I’ve seen more people desperate for Saudi’s to take over than saying they’d give up club.

Where were all these fans who are so desperate for club to be sold when there was a chance to to buy shares and stop Glazers or anyone else taking other. Not giving a toss because team was doing well. Now teams not doing well they’d happily see it sold to pretty much anyone I’d imagine.

Teja

No we couldn't have because the dividends are 23m per year and not having to pay them would have increased our taxes.
Well, do the math then if approximations are not good enough. Deduct the $ we would've had to pay in taxes because we don't have a debt + dividends. Even assuming a 35% tax rate, it'll be 65M instead of 100M we could've spent on players. I assume there's much more I'm missing but overall there's no way the debt + dividends are good for the club.

Scotty McT

Well I haven't seen any substantive UK movement to stop selling UK weapons to Saudi to kill Yemani's with, nor to stop buying their oil. I haven't even seen any substantive movement to break any form of the relationship since the Khashoggi affair. Are you telling me its upto Manchester United fans?
You're point is laughable given its the west who put the Al-Saud family into power, as puppets, so they could gain their oil. And Western governments have then propped them up ever since, selling them weapons and providing them council to ensure making no civil uprising could ever happen.
All you and many others have done in this thread is display selective morality. Thats fine, we can all think what we like, but others can also think it's deeply hypocritical.
I love the way you talk about "selective morality" like you don't exhibit it yourself. Anyone who wants a display of Sammsky's selective morality can read Plech's post calling him out on it here in the current events forum.

Sultan had to edit your post because you called for Israel to be wiped out, yet you talk about selective morality.

How would you feel about the state of Saudia Arabia purchasing United?

How would you feel about the state of Israel purchasing United?

You posted about how you have "huge issues" with the people of Israel so I imagine you'd be against the state of Israel buying the club too.

I'm sure you can come up with your own reasons why one is different from the other just like how you came up with a nonsensical, biased, selectively moral reply to Plech's post.

stevoc

Question to you Saudi Arabia fans:

Is there any hypothetical scenario that would cause you to take a step back from supporting United? If you were alive in the late 1930s and Hitler decided he wanted to buy United as a PR boost for Nazi Germany would you continue supporting the club?
Few more years of not winning any trophies should do it for some i would imagine.

Question to you Saudi Arabia fans:

Is there any hypothetical scenario that would cause you to take a step back from supporting United? If you were alive in the late 1930s and Hitler decided he wanted to buy United as a PR boost for Nazi Germany would you continue supporting the club?
Took a step back when glazer took over, haven't given the club a penny since. But the glazers are saints compared to the scum united are currently linked with

I've already said this, but if we get bought by religious dictators with horrific human rights abuses i would even watch united on tv. The club would be dead to me.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I love the way you talk about "selective morality" like you don't exhibit it yourself. Anyone who wants a display of Sammsky's selective morality can read Plech's post calling him out on it here in the current events forum.

Sultan had to edit your post because you called for Israel to be wiped out, yet you talk about selective morality.

You posted about how you have "huge issues" with the people of Israel so I imagine you'd be against the state of Israel buying the club too.

I'm sure you can come up with your own reasons why one is different from the other just like how you came up with a nonsensical, biased, selectively moral reply to Plech's post.
You went through a decade worth of posts to dig that out :lol:

Unless you've been on here before :angel:

Anyway you all are mental, 52 pages and counting.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Well in your case it seems pedantry is the motivation. Most people want to have a debate about football.
Stating football is more than a hobby to me isn't talking football...

Honestly :lol:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

And of course he lied by saying I 'called for Israel to be wiped out'. Along with the absurd Whataboutisms.

pacifictheme

Stating football is more than a hobby to me isn't talking football...

Honestly :lol:
As a pedant i'd thought you'd be able to see the difference but i guess not. Not sure you actually ever said those words either. You just wanted to query the use of the word hobby.

Hopefully the take over never happens and topic can get thrown in the bin.

Scotty McT

And of course he lied by saying I 'called for Israel to be wiped out'. Along with the absurd [bold]Whataboutisms[/bold]. Anyways.
Rich coming from you. And I think it's pretty obvious what this post from Sultan meant:

I have edited Sammsky's post.

I understand this is a very passionate subject for both sides, for this very reason I am not taking any action on this occasion. I urge posters to refrain from posting comments wishing to see any side wiped out
But yes anyways, we all know you'd object to the Israeli state buying the club. Hypocrite.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Rich coming from you. And I think it's pretty obvious what this post from Sultan meant:
So you can't produce evidence to back up your statement. I'll take that as admission that you lied.

Last edited:

Will Singh

I thought Brexit was bad but this is another level, we've got 47% Ole in and now let's add a poll in here and Brexit looks like a needle in a haystack compared to this sh1t.

redcafe_reader

I don't like the Saudis. If it's up to me I would not allow it (if it's real).

However, it was not up to me. So, IF it happens, I will still continue supporting United as before. I have been watching United for 20/34 years of my life and I am not planning to change it anytime soon.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

I think he's a returning member of the caf who was previously banned.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Probably only for you mate because those numbers are way off. We're talking pounds here lets remember. You didn't get the Euro fee from 2000-2001 and convert it to GBP with the 2019 exchange rate did you?

Figo 2000 Barcelona to Real £37m

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/4761892/Figo-joins-Real-in-world-record-37.4m-deal.html

Zidane 2001 Juventus to Real £46m

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2001/jul/10/newsstory.sport1

As i said no chance anyone was paying £70m for Beckham in 2003 no matter his profile mate.
The books showed Euros. The Zidane payment came in installments, 2 years before the Beckham transfer. You have to adjust for inflation considering today's market.

Scotty McT

So you can't produce evidence to back up your statement. I'll take that as admission that you lied. Which you must have, because I never ever said what you claimed.

You must have been apologising for something else, not "wishing to see [Israel] wiped out" :rolleyes:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

You must have been apologising for something else, not "wishing to see [Israel] wiped out" :rolleyes:
So I'll ask again, please state where I 'called for Israel to be wiped out'??? :confused:

You can post as many links, Jpegs and anything else. I just want proof.

Or admit you have lied and deal with those consequences.

Last edited:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I think he's a returning member of the caf who was previously banned.
It's either 'Fearless' or 'HolyLand Red'. :lol: Man I miss those crazy whacko's. Same tactics they used in those days, they post crap and run.

Scotty McT

This topic has gone quite off topic. We should return to discussing the takeover rumours rather than getting sidetracked by Sammsky's anti-Semitism.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This topic has gone quite off topic. We should return to discussing the takeover rumours rather than getting sidetracked by Sammsky's anti-Semitism.
You accused someone of saying something but couldn't provide the evidence to back up your accusation.

Scotty McT

You accused someone of saying something but couldn't provide the evidence to back up your accusation.
He literally quoted the mod who edited his post apologising. The mods have the edit history.

stevoc

The books showed Euros. The Zidane payment came in installments, 2 years before the Beckham transfer.
Regardless of how the deal was structured do you accept that the fee was around £46m and not over £60m?

The exchange rate in July 2001 was around 1.66 and in July 2003 it was around 1.44.

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/b...rical-spot-exchange-rates/gbp/GBP-to-EUR-2001

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/b...rical-spot-exchange-rates/gbp/GBP-to-EUR-2003

You have to adjust for inflation considering today's market.
Do you mean the currency inflation or transfer market inflation because they are not the same thing?

Last edited:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Wasn't it you that brought it up in the first place?
If it's the poster previously known as 'Fearless' or ‘holyland red’ , this is the MO of thier ‘divert and run’ trolling Style. Hopefully the mods will ban him again.

Last edited:

manuchamp88

So I'll ask again, please state where I 'called for Israel to be wiped out'??? :confused:

You can post as many links, Jpegs and anything else. I just want proof. Or admit you have lied and deal with those consequences.
Just joined this thread but from the quote that was provided you are clearly clueless about Israel.

Status
Not open for further replies.