Saudi Takeover - Claim deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abizzz

The above is extremely disrespectful, I am afraid. If you share certain values, it doesn’t automatically mean everyone else also does, or shall. Seriously, it’s their way - let the Saudis live how they want, and maybe they won’t be teaching you how to live your life, either.
As if the Saudis weren't paying for preachers all over the world to preach their message... They are a barbaric regime, and while we can't keep them from being so we can label them as such. It's not as if they're always 100% respectful when talking about the west :lol:.

Scotty McT

What does human rights and football have to do with one another? I could understand the anger, if they were to get rid of the women's team or things along those lines as they are a direct impact to the club. I don't support Manchester United with the hope that one day they will bring world peace. It's football ffs, I enjoy watching United play (well I use to anyway) and the Saudi's owning United will not change that. To those mentioning terror funding and what not, are you ensuring any oil you're buying isn't from Saudi Arabia? Stop mixing two things that have no direct correlation to each other.
So is there literally no political figure from human history that you'd take exception to owning the club? Hitler? Stalin? Idi Amin? Kim Jong Un? The leader of apartheid South Africa?

Infra-red

20,000 years ago, for example, it was perfectly fine to kill an enemy and eat him. No one thought about is as about a “human rights violation” - it was perfectly in line with the morale.

What I mean is that “morale values” are not absolute - they depend on the society, and something that is Ok for one society is “oppression of human rights” for another society.
I don't want United to be owned by Genghis Khan, either. Hope that helps.

Snafu17

The above is extremely disrespectful, I am afraid. If you share certain values, it doesn’t automatically mean everyone else also does, or shall. Seriously, it’s their way - let the Saudis live how they want, and maybe they won’t be teaching you how to live your life, either.
You say that as if they all have a choice.

Last edited:

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
20,000 years ago, for example, it was perfectly fine to kill an enemy and eat him. No one thought about is as about a “human rights violation” - it was perfectly in line with the morale.

What I mean is that “morale values” are not absolute - they depend on the society, and something that is Ok for one society is “oppression of human rights” for another society.
This isn't 20,000 years ago.

It's about power and control plain and simple. If you want to be a sheep turning a blind eye to the wrongs of the world, you go ahead. But you really shouldn't be lecturing people from your perceived moral high ground because those morals come from 20,000 years ago too.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

I refuse to wait 20,000 for it to become acceptable to be owned by an evil dictatorship.

Scotty McT

20,000 years ago is going to become a RedCafe meme when these Saudi cnuts take over.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
The Premier league is already full of despot money. Chelsea and City. Multiple champions.

Despot owners

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Has anyone talked about how being owned by 1 American is the same as being owned by an entire country yet?

Scotty McT

How is this relevant?
You asked what do human rights have to do with football and implied that it wouldn't matter to you if they took over, so I'm asking if it would matter to you if any other human rights abusers took over the club since for all I know you're just really fond of the Saudi regime.

stubie

Just out of interest wasn’t City’s takeover done in a day (deadline day of all days)

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em?
I don't care. The game is ruined by money.
Another shower of oil criminals that will pay for footballing mercenaries to come to United just detaches you more from the roots of why we love the game.

Its sickening

Bojan11

Just out of interest wasn’t City’s takeover done in a day (deadline day of all days)
Yeah but this is a multi billion pound deal. No way can this sort of deal be done in a day.

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
How many Saudis have a vote in how they want to live?

Reactions: Penna

DVG7

Ok, let’s have a different perspective on here for the sake of variety because the disparity between;

1. I’ll stop supporting the club

and

2. who cares

is quite large here.

Personally, I’d wish that every club could be run by the fans but it’s just too big an entity now that whoever has the most money will naturally want to buy the biggest teams. I wouldn’t stop watching united if they were purchased by these Saudi people, but that doesn’t mean I’m okay with some of their perceived atrocities. What stops me actually wanting them to take over is a combination of hoping we could find a better way, and the realization that all the Saudi money in the world might not change all that much about our team, so would it even be worth it?

It’s to be assumed that under Saudi ownership we would have unlimited money, but the way we have spent this decade you would think that anyway. And really, how many players are out there right now that are realistic targets that would actually turn us into contenders? We won’t have access to any city or Liverpool players, Barcelona and Real players are unlikely, so really we are looking at the possibility of a marquee Saudi regime signings being someone like Jadon Sancho, Bruno Fernandes or Koulibaly but we could realistically go after them anyway. At a push, maybe Neymar would glance our way, but you’d have to have the intelligence level of a grain of sand to think that he would be coming here for footballing reasons.

I would contend that the only reason someone would be comfortable being bought out by such a regime is that it would lead to more cash being spent on the squad. The question is, would it really be worth it?

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Well in the morning they had that Thailand guy and then signed Robinho via the Arabs in the evening!
That wasn't actually done in a day though. And it was on a much, much smaller scale.

Imagine sticking up for the Saudi regime because you want your football team to be better.
'magine.

Some people really would sell their souls. Actually, I think a huge amount of our fanbase would right now as sad as that seems.

Judas

Open to offers
It’s one thing excepting this because it can’t be stopped and not being happy, it’s another to be listing excuses for their actions to make you feel better about them coming in. Some people are weird.

0le

Feck sake. Really dark day if this is true.

OverratedOpinion

Do you believe the women there want to live that way? How about the LGBT people?

Cantona in disguise

I can't think of many nice folk that have the funds to buy a club like united. That said I'd rather this mob didnt buy the club.

Greck

If this proves to be a hoax...which let's be honest it probably is. One guy on a LinkedIn account with no prior history to lend to his credibility is the kind of ITK source we insta-ban on the transfer forum

Status
Not open for further replies.