Saudi Takeover - Claim deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It’s one thing excepting this because it can’t be stopped and not being happy, it’s another to be listing excuses for their actions to make you feel better about them coming in. Some people are weird.
It really is weird. Like many I don't like the idea and don't really want to read threads on that topic but if it was happen I will find a way to get over it, it's not as if I can do anything about it.

reddevil702

You asked what do human rights have to do with football and implied that it wouldn't matter to you if they took over, so I'm asking if it would matter to you if any other human rights abusers took over the club since for all I know you're just really fond of the Saudi regime.
Ask me that when any of those mentioned are interested in United. As for my questions it still stands. If Dalai Lama buys United, are they now a symbol of world peace or still just a football club? You can always take any debate to an unrealistic extreme. As we both have with these examples. My point is regardless of who owns United they are still just a football club. Do you think of human rights violations when Man. City or PSG are discussed? Or are they just another football club?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Ultimately, it doesn't matter how the fans feel about it. There will always be enough who don't care about it to fill the stadiums and after some success, others will come back if that decision was a breaking point in the first place. Only money talks, and the Saudis have plenty of it. If the offer is right, it will happen but seriously doubt it would be a quick transaction like it's made out to be.

Last edited:

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Judging by this thread I expect this forum to halve in terms of members should this go through.

Or are you all bark and no bite you hardcore lifelong lot?

Personally I don't want them and my interest in footy has been gradually waning because there actually is far more to life. I'll leave the forum if the Saudis come. I suspect 90% of you will be afraid to lose your topred accolades and do what you always do....perform mental gymnastics to try and justify it.
I’ll be out the door with you.

Alemar

How many Saudis have a vote in how they want to live?
What makes you think that they all want or need to be able to vote?

Saudi Arabia is an absolute monarchy under Sharia laws - it is as different from “Western democracy” as it can get, sure. But if their way is different from yours, does it really mean it is a “wrong” or “bad” way?

DoomSlayer

Would people be happy if Donald Trump buys our club and "makes United great again"? Or does the blind sympathy only go to the rich fellas from Saudi Arabia?

RedDevilRoshi

We had Reddit in the summer with all these De Ligt transfer to Utd claims now we have LinkedIn with this Saudi takeover deal.

What’s next?

Womp

idiot
The only people who can realistically afford this club are all questionable, it's that simple. While I wouldn't want us to get bought by the Saudis, they're one of a very few selection of individuals who could afford us.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Ask me that when any of those mentioned are interested in United. As for my questions it still stands. If Dalai Lama buys United, are they now a symbol of world peace or still just a football club? You can always take any debate to an unrealistic extreme. As we both have with these examples. My point is regardless of who owns United they are still just a football club. Do you think of human rights violations when Man. City or PSG are discussed? Or are they just another football club?
What the feck is going on.

Of course people think of human rights violations when it comes to City. Have you seen the opposition to the Qatari World Cup?

RedDevilRoshi

The only people who can realistically afford this club are all questionable, it's that simple. While I wouldn't want us to get bought by the Saudis, they're one of a very few selection of individuals who could afford us.
That’s why I personally think if the Glazers do sell, the Saudi’s will be right at the front of the queue and most likely the only ones in that queue.

Scotty McT

We've already gone to those extremes with the Saudis.

And yes, I do but obviously not to the same extent as if my own club was take over by such a regime.

Cantona in disguise

Would people be happy if Donald Trump buys our club and "makes United great again"? Or does the blind sympathy only go to the rich fellas from Saudi Arabia?
Trump wouldn't bother me. Hes a numpty but people go overboard with him because he talks a lot of rubbish. (Awaits abuse)

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Judging by this thread I expect this forum to halve in terms of members should this go through.

Or are you all bark and no bite you hardcore lifelong lot?

Personally I don't want them and my interest in footy has been gradually waning because there actually is far more to life. I'll leave the forum if the Saudis come. I suspect 90% of you will be afraid to lose your topred accolades and do what you always do....perform mental gymnastics to try and justify it.
I dont watch football or follow United because of who owns the club. Pretty simple. You're making it sound like you essentially support a club because of the person who owns it at the time. Dumb.

reddevil702

What the feck is going on.

Of course people think of human rights violations when it comes to City. Have you seen the opposition to the Qatari World Cup?
Of course, but this has nothing to do with PSG. The world cup is having a direct impact on this due to the need to build stadiums and thus the opposition.

ReddBalls

Saudi Arabia is an absolute monarchy under Sharia laws - it is as different from “Western democracy” as it can get, sure. But if their way is different from yours, does it really mean it is a “wrong” or “bad” way?
I am curious. How do you think monarchies come to be?

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
What makes you think they all don't want or need to be able to vote? I know how we can find out: Let's ask them all. Oh wait.

bludsucker

It is when their way is murdering dissident journalists in their embassy. It is when their way is funding terror across the globe for decades.

Kemizee

United do not really need rich owners, all the club needs is good management from the top down and the right to spend the money earned by the club, on the club.
Wake up and smell the coffee. This will never happen under these current regime. Whether under the Saudis or someone else, I don’t know but just understand that the concept of good management and the Glazers are antithetical.

Scotty McT

Do you not thinking killing/jailing people for thought crimes (apostasy or homosexuality) is wrong or bad?

Judas

Open to offers

How is this a real post.

DoomSlayer

Trump can't be compared to the Saudi regime, he's repulsive, but he's not even in the same league as them.
If we have to scale the potential new owners in such a way, then I agree, but I asked about Trump because I know how ferociously he is hated on the Caf and wanted to see what the people who don't mind the Saudis have to say about that possibility.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder

yes. It is wrong and bad.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
What does human rights and football have to do with one another? I could understand the anger, if they were to get rid of the women's team or things along those lines as they are a direct impact to the club. I don't support Manchester United with the hope that one day they will bring world peace. It's football ffs, I enjoy watching United play (well I use to anyway) and the Saudi's owning United will not change that. To those mentioning terror funding and what not, are you ensuring any oil you're buying isn't from Saudi Arabia? Stop mixing two things that have no direct correlation to each other.
go and support city. They will love you over there.

dev1l

In Summer we also had that zoo owner chap saying we signed Bruno Fernandes.

mu4c_20le

Murdering your critics would be classified as wrong and bad in pretty much any modern civilized society, yes.

Snafu17

I'm sorry, you fecking what now?

OverratedOpinion

How is this a real post.
Yeah the KKK are different from us but we have to respect everyone's choices equally, who's to say that people don't like being murdered and assaulted after all it is a different place.

dev1l

I m sure if kashoggi was still around he would agree wholeheartedly with your statement

Kemizee

literally everyone brings up City’s owners. Everyone. Consistently. It makes them a joke of a club, hence everyone wanting the Scousers to lose to them despite them being literally about twenty minutes from OT.

Saudi Arabia is an oil funded state that is barbaric. Literally barbaric. They don’t allow women or people of certain ethnicities to perform at sporting events.

Manchester United means more than winning leagues. It means so so much fecking more than that. I feel proud of Manchester United and their history. I wouldn’t be proud of a multi billion dollar hierarchy using the club to sports wash their standing in the world.

It would absolutely break my heart if this was to happen. My old mans as well. Plus a few more of my mates. We just want to see a team we like, who cares about us giving it a good go.
And we can't even achieve this bare minimum. Only God in heaven knows when the next one will come.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon

Does anyone speak gibberish?

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

Of course it's wrong and bad to restrict humans from living how they see fit. How can you not see that's your whole take on this in the first place?

You are incredibly conflicted with your stance. May I suggest you have a think about that. As it's not about values, it's about basic human rights. Human rights you yourself think should matter with your whole "let them be" attitude.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout

The victims of the regime aren't permitted to enjoy the luxury of debate about ethics or the dubious qualities of divine rule that we may enjoy.

Scotty McT

I've just realised that at some point in the future (about 20,000 years from now) that now will be 20,000 years in the past.

Time to start eating people.

Status
Not open for further replies.