Saudi Takeover - Claim deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

vidic blood & sand

There are things more important than winning football matches. Human life for example. Don’t get why so many of our fans are giddy over such a rumor. This would be a disaster for our club. We don’t need the terror funding, jounalists butchering a$$ho£es owning us. I would rather see us relegated than winning the quadruple under the ownership of the sauds.
Absolutely!
Some people here would sell their smelly soul to the devil for 5 minutes of glory.

mu4c_20le

Embrace their ownership and try to influence their human rights going forward whilst United thrive.
Or sit back and watch this feckin glorious club turn into Liverpool pre Klopp.
No offense but this is astonishingly naive. The only thing that could influence them is an alternative fuel source and declining oil prices.

Tiber

I have no idea of reliability however this guy, who is verified on twitter, claims a deal for "a Saudi invester" to buy United was agreed yesterday.

Mods - I checked and all the other threads were locked.
Yes, because if Manchester United was sold the news would break on linkedin

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Honestly, i dont give a feck. Granted that Saudi Arabia are not exactly great in terms of human rights, but its not the state of Saudi Arabia that is purchasing us.

The Glazers are American, we dont blame them for American war crimes and fecking Trump, that would be absurd

DavelinaJolie

It seems unlikely a publicly traded company would be bought out and it wouldn't have been announced by now.

If it happens, I'm out.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Be careful what you wish for. I understand the sentiments for not wanting Saudi takeover . But remember we could end up having worse owners than Glazers.

Falcow

literally everyone brings up City’s owners. Everyone. Consistently. It makes them a joke of a club, hence everyone wanting the Scousers to lose to them despite them being literally about twenty minutes from OT.

Saudi Arabia is an oil funded state that is barbaric. Literally barbaric. They don’t allow women or people of certain ethnicities to perform at sporting events.

Manchester United means more than winning leagues. It means so so much fecking more than that. I feel proud of Manchester United and their history. I wouldn’t be proud of a multi billion dollar hierarchy using the club to sports wash their standing in the world.

It would absolutely break my heart if this was to happen. My old mans as well. Plus a few more of my mates. We just want to see a team we like, who cares about us giving it a good go.
I agree. Dont want them. Liverpool haven't needed a sugar daddy to get back to the top (not there yet mind you) we shouldn't either especially from a country who behead people and stone people to death in the 21st century - Manchester United should never ever be associated with that.

Last edited by a moderator:

MAME DIOUF 32

Saudis at the wheel
Tell me how, how does it feel?
Steal and we'll chop off your hands
Your wife used to drive, now she's banned

Womp

idiot

What a guy :D
Only really skimmed over the thread, is this the same guy who supposedly claimed it was done? That article makes it seem like he was suggesting the idea to them, rather than claiming it's done, if so.

Alemar

Saudi Arabia is an oil funded state that is barbaric. Literally barbaric. They don’t allow women or people of certain ethnicities to perform at sporting events
The above is extremely disrespectful, I am afraid. If you share certain values, it doesn’t automatically mean everyone else also does, or shall. Seriously, it’s their way - let the Saudis live how they want, and maybe they won’t be teaching you how to live your life, either.

Also, Man Utd is a global brand with the huge army of supporters across the globe - you may take it for granted that many of these supporters are not from England.

That said, Saudi King is by far and large the wealthiest person on the planet - he personally owns over one trillion dollars in oil and gas assets.

bludsucker

Embrace their ownership and try to influence their human rights going forward whilst United thrive.
What makes you think that our fanbase can influence a dictatorship/kingdom to change their human rights system when we couldn’t even convince our businessmen owners to invest more in our club???

Utdstar01

Only really skimmed over the thread, is this the same guy who supposedly claimed it was done? That article makes it seem like he was suggesting the idea to them, rather than claiming it's done, if so.
Nah that's a different guy I think.

MDFC Manager

Nope, not the same guy, this one just seems like a Saudi journalist/United fan who had the opportunity to pitch the buying of United to the Saudi state fund.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yes, because if Manchester United was sold the news would break on linkedin
It could just be an agreement on the deal, not officially passed and sealed.

I don’t think this will happen until the end of the season, just because it would be chaotic for the club to do it ASAP.

this isn’t the first time we’ve heard this rumour and it won’t be the last.

Fingeredmouse

The above is extremely disrespectful, I am afraid. If you share certain values, it doesn’t automatically mean everyone else also does, or shall. Seriously, it’s their way - let the Saudis live how they want, and maybe they won’t be teaching you how to live your life, either.

Also, Man Utd is a global brand with the huge army of supporters across the globe - you may take it for granted that many of these supporters are not from England.

That said, Saudi King is by far and large the wealthiest person on the planet - he personally owns over one trillion dollars in oil and gas assets.
Cultural relativism is extremely disrespectful in the context of the treatment of women, homosexuals, some ethnicities and other minorities. Oppression of people is not washed away by citing different cultural values.

MAME DIOUF 32

I think it's kind of OK not to respect senseless barbarism tbh.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

So, turn a blind eye to horrible treatment of human beings all because a man made deity deems it?

I'm not one for everyone having to live the same lives at all, but you can't turn a blind eye to any kind of human rights issues as "the lives they want to live".

If everyone lived like that, the world would still be stuck in the stone age. I'd rather not have these people anywhere near us thank you.

Oh, and it's horseshit anyway.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

He's a cnut. feck him and his family.

BigLebowski007

There are things more important than winning football matches. Human life for example. Don’t get why so many of our fans are giddy over such a rumor. This would be a disaster for our club. We don’t need the terror funding, journalists butchering a$$ho£es owning us. I would rather see us relegated than winning the quadruple under the ownership of the sauds.
Well said, mate. Hope this doesn't happen.

mu4c_20le

Who is 'they'? Normally I would agree with this, ie not interfering or judging another country's customs, but in this case I seriously doubt the women over there chose to be oppressed, to be banned from attending sporting events or to get arrested and tossed in jail for showing too much skin on instagram.

Scotty McT

Hoping this isn't true.

Most of the WWE staff who flew over there have been stuck in Saudi Arabia for the past day for unknown reasons, with several of them taking to Twitter to ask for prayers. Despicable country.

The punishment for being born in Saudi Arabia and not believing in Islam is death. How can anyone support these cnuts?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Hoping this isn't true.

Most of the WWE staff who flew over there have been stuck in Saudi Arabia for the past day for unknown reasons, with several of them taking to Twitter to ask for prayers. Despicable country.
Finally some good deeds by the Saudi's

reddevil702

What does human rights and football have to do with one another? I could understand the anger, if they were to get rid of the women's team or things along those lines as they are a direct impact to the club. I don't support Manchester United with the hope that one day they will bring world peace. It's football ffs, I enjoy watching United play (well I use to anyway) and the Saudi's owning United will not change that. To those mentioning terror funding and what not, are you ensuring any oil you're buying isn't from Saudi Arabia? Stop mixing two things that have no direct correlation to each other.

Alemar

So, turn a blind eye to horrible treatment of human beings all because a man made deity deems it?
20,000 years ago, for example, it was perfectly fine to kill an enemy and eat him. No one thought about is as about a “human rights violation” - it was perfectly in line with the morale.

What I mean is that “morale values” are not absolute - they depend on the society, and something that is Ok for one society is “oppression of human rights” for another society.

decorativeed

Honestly, i dont give a feck. Granted that Saudi Arabia are not exactly great in terms of human rights, but its not the state of Saudi Arabia that is purchasing us.

The Glazers are American, we dont blame them for American war crimes and fecking Trump, that would be absurd
What an original post.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Just because it's 'their way of life' and 'their values' doesn't mean you shouldn't question and criticise it. It doesn't make things untouchable.

Fingeredmouse

20,000 years ago, for example, it was perfectly fine to kill an enemy and eat him. No one thought about is as about a “human rights violation” - it was perfectly in line with the morale.

What I mean is that “morale values” are not absolute - they depend on the society, and something that is Ok for one society is “oppression of human rights” for another society.
For actual feck sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.