Scholes is fit for action (tonight)?

032Devil

By NEIL CUSTIS
Published: Today

PAUL SCHOLES will return for Manchester United tonight after two months out with a knee injury.

The former England midfielder, 34, has been training flat out for two weeks and is ready to start against Blackburn in the Carling Cup.

Boss Alex Ferguson said: “It is a great boost for us to have Paul back as he is such a top-quality player.”

Scholes has been out since twisting his knee in the Champions League clash at Aalborg on September 30.

Initially it was thought he would be missing until the New Year but he has since made a quick recovery.

Scholes’ midfield guile has been missed by United in recent weeks.

Team-mate Darren Fletcher said: “Paul is still the best midfielder in Europe, if not the world. Nobody can really control a game like he can.”

Fergie will play a weakened team in tonight’s quarter-final, including keeper Ben Foster.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1997483.ece

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
The squad for the tonights game is out and Scholes was not in it!

prateik

The squad for the tonights game is out and Scholes was not in it!
Paul Scholes could be set for a cameo in United's Carling Cup quarter final clash with Blackburn tonight, Sir Alex has told the matchday programme.

The Reds midfielder has been out of action since suffering knee ligament damage during United's 3-0 Champions League win over Aalborg on 30 September.

It was thought Scholes wouldn’t return until mid-December, but as is typical of the 34-year-old’s abiding enthusiasm for the game, he is ahead of schedule and pestering Sir Alex to get back into the first-team fold.

However, there is still plenty of room for United’s youngsters, with several up-and-coming starlets pencilled in for playing time against Paul Ince’s Rovers side.

"Although we are now into the quarter-finals, I intend to stay with the young ones who have got us this far,” Sir Alex writes in his United Review column. “Players like Jonny Evans, Rafael, Darron Gibson, Rodrigo Possebon and Danny Welbeck [will all be involved].

"But I also have Paul Scholes in mind. He is on the verge of playing again following his knee injury and operation. He is training well and is chomping at the bit to get started.

“So a place on the bench with perhaps a few minutes’ pitch time could be good for him. We’ll see how things go."

clicky

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Yea I know but he is not in the squad...

P.S Simpson can play against us!

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
no he cant
It's a cup match and we may have allowed him to play cup matches... in which case he is allowed to play against us and is in the squad for tonight!

prateik

Blackburn's on-loan Reds defender Danny Simpson is ineligible to play in Wednesday night’s Carling Cup fifth round tie, but he'll be an interested from the stands.

On loan at Ewood Park until the end of the season, the right-back has been a regular in Paul Ince’s side this term. On Wednesday, however, Premier League regulations prevent a player taking the field against his employers.

“I was gutted when we were drawn against United because it means I can’t play,” he told United Review. “It will be good to go back to Old Trafford and see a few mates, though.”

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Blackburn's on-loan Reds defender Danny Simpson is ineligible to play in Wednesday night’s Carling Cup fifth round tie, but he'll be an interested from the stands.

On loan at Ewood Park until the end of the season, the right-back has been a regular in Paul Ince’s side this term. On Wednesday, however, Premier League regulations prevent a player taking the field against his employers.

“I was gutted when we were drawn against United because it means I can’t play,” he told United Review. “It will be good to go back to Old Trafford and see a few mates, though.”
Alright And I thought BBC was a trust worthy site....

It claims Scholes is not in the Squad (though that could be a last minute decision)

And also claim Simpson to be in Rovers squad...

Manchester United (from): Foster, Kuszczak, Rafael, Evans, Cleverley, Neville, Chester, Vidic, O'Shea, Nani, Park, Fletcher, Anderson, Possebon, Gibson, Giggs, Tevez, Welbeck, Manucho.

Blackburn (from): Robinson, Brown, Simpson, Ooijer, Samba, Nelsen, Emerton, Khizanishvili, Warnock, Mokoena, Olsson, Tugay, Treacy, Pedersen, Roberts, Derbyshire, Villanueva, Santa Cruz, Fowler, McCarthy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/league_cup/7749882.stm

Count Duckula

Well that implies that he can play tonight.

prateik

all FA competitions .. cup , league and league cup ..
almost certain ..

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Alright And I thought BBC was a trust worthy site....

It claims Scholes is not in the Squad (though that could be a last minute decision)

And also claim Simpson to be in Rovers squad...

Manchester United (from): Foster, Kuszczak, Rafael, Evans, Cleverley, Neville, Chester, Vidic, O'Shea, Nani, Park, Fletcher, Anderson, Possebon, Gibson, Giggs, Tevez, Welbeck, Manucho.

Blackburn (from): Robinson, Brown, Simpson, Ooijer, Samba, Nelsen, Emerton, Khizanishvili, Warnock, Mokoena, Olsson, Tugay, Treacy, Pedersen, Roberts, Derbyshire, Villanueva, Santa Cruz, Fowler, McCarthy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/league_cup/7749882.stm

BBC always get their squads wrong.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
I don' know if this counts but in FM a player can play against his owners in the cup competitions if the clause for it is included in the contract...

BBC always get their squads wrong.
Really? Never really noticed an error before...

Magnus

Another mad swede
It's a cup match and we may have allowed him to play cup matches... in which case he is allowed to play against us and is in the squad for tonight!
Wrong. He is our player and can´t be played vs us. Cup or no cup he won´t be allowed to play against his employers. Good rule if you ask me

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Wrong. He is our player and can´t be played vs us. Cup or no cup he won´t be allowed to play against his employers. Good rule if you ask me
Maybe I am wrong...

But you do know there is a rule that allows players to play against their owners in Cup matches...

Scholesgoals

i suppose it isnt a democracy here. thats understandable, the guys do a good job keeping everything under wraps, but i hardly see kepek as much of a threat to order here (unless he is a well disguised troll)

Anyway. im taking this badboy ot

lets hope we see a bit of the paul tonight.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
i suppose it isnt a democracy here. thats understandable, the guys do a good job keeping everything under wraps, but i hardly see kepek as much of a threat to order here (unless he is a well disguised troll)

Anyway. im taking this badboy ot

lets hope we see a bit of the paul tonight.
Good luck have fun.. Hope to see Paul too...