Scholesy's still got it...

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read

Scholesy shows Rooney how it's done :drool:

Shark

@NotShark
The power of that 2nd strike. Vintage Scholesy!

Last edited:

Tarrou

I wish he'd teach Rooney to do that. Wayne must have about a 1 in a 1000 success rate.

Donut

Wow, both goals are superb. The first one especially, must be one of his best goals.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
That looked like compilation of his goals when playing for United. Precision, power and modesty.

What else much to say, really ? Sign him.

jem

With the exception of Zidane, there is not another midfielder, past or present, who I'd have over Scholes in his prime.

Of course, I'm basing that on players I have seen.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Commentator made the same sound as me on that second goal.

caid

With the exception of Zidane, there is not another midfielder, past or present, who I'd have over Scholes in his prime.

Of course, I'm basing that on players I have seen.
Funny,
Was thinking the exact same thing a few days ago. Was trying to think was there anyone past or present i'd rather have in a midfield.
Zidane was the only one i could think of and that was debatable imo.
I only started watching football in the early 90's though so ...

Dominos

Am I right in thinking his is 2nd goal is reminiscent of one in his hatrick vs Newcastle?

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
He could still do a Lampard I think. Would still be our best player if he comes in in the last 10-15 minutes.

Ibi Dreams

It makes me very happy to see him still doing that. Even in charity games you often see once world class players not really doing much of note, so it's great to see him score two. The first one is especially impressive I think, regardless of the defending that is a superb finish. As others have said, it's the kind of thing Rooney attempts all the time and has only pulled off once or twice. Beautiful goal

Tarrou

Rooney has done it...in competitive games might I add, and if it were so easy everyone would be doing it every week.
Yeah I know. I remember the Middlesborough one in particular. He used to try it all the time but seems to have calmed down a bit now, the same for his half way line attempts despite finally landing one last year.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
Yeah I know. I remember the Middlesborough one in particular. He used to try it all the time but seems to have calmed down a bit now, the same for his half way line attempts despite finally landing one last year.
I remember the one against Portsmouth with James in nets was beautiful also, both players are scorers of great and wonderful goals.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Pair him with a player like Matic and he would still be doing the job at any top club.