Scotland National Team Discussion

RedDevilRoshi

Fancy the Scots to beat Croatia but would they go through with that and If Czechs v England draw? Would they be one of the 3rd best placed teams then?
Looking at the other groups, we are definitely going to have to rely on other results going our way. It is possible though but not a guarantee we will qualify for the knockout stages even if we beat Croatia & finish 3rd with 4 points. A lot of teams can still finish on 4 points in 3rd place and it may come down to GD.

First things first, get the win against Croatia and let the rest take care of itself.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
I don't mind if we qualify from the group. I would be happy to see another good performance and have a goal to celebrate.

Bwuk

Croatia isn’t playing nothing special since 2018 but calm down, individually they still have way better players. As good Scotland was today, they don’t look like to have players who will score a lot of goals from nowhere. Having said it, if Croatia doesn’t raise their level it’s only needed a 1:0 win.
Billy Gilmour will teach Modric a thing or two don’t worry.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Really proud and gutted at the same time. Wish we took one of those chances as that was our game to win.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
We really needed to win that game last night and we should have. So many chances and we couldnt take them.
Croatia in the second half looked very good, but Im hoping we pull of a win. Looks to be a hard ask as we are struggling to finish our many chances.

djembatheking

Souness is raving about Billy Gilmour, I reckon Scotland will hammer Croatia, it is a forgone conclusion with the brilliant Gilmour in midfield.

0le

They basically defended for much of the game and played counter attacking football. When the game opened up, they looked more dangerous. They did well but I am not sure why their performance warrants the praise that it got. Their tactics were simple and "effort" should be a prerequisite for any match, let alone a derby.

Bwuk

They basically defended for much of the game and played counter attacking football. When the game opened up, they looked more dangerous. They did well but I am not sure why their performance warrants the praise that it got. Their tactics were simple and "effort" should be a prerequisite for any match, let alone a derby.
Enough about England this is the Scotland thread.

Camilo

That's what I was hoping Scotland might manage before kickoff. In reality, England had no midfield, no attack, no bite and no control. Scotland had as much control of the game as England did.

England were absolutely shocking though, dreadful all over the pitch. As decent as Scotland were, England should be tearing us a fresh arsehole.

Deery

Dreary
Billy Gilmour tests positive for corona virus.

Big loss for Scotland.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Could have done with him to go toe-to-toe with Croatia in the middle.

RedDevilRoshi

Absolute gutting but so damn typical our luck.

I wonder if there are any other close contacts that will miss the game too now?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Ah shite that is brutal for Gilmour. He'll likely have to miss the first knockout round too, if Scotland get there, if he has to self-isolate for 10 days. Gutting.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I'd be tempted to use McGregor as the 6, pull McGinn in and introduce Christie or Turnbull in the hole. McGregor seemed to do well there on Friday from my hazy recollection.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
what happens if the majority of the team test positive? Forfeit?

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Absolutely no chance there has been no close contacts. Robertson apparently deleted a video showing a few all close together.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
How the feck has he managed to catch Covid in a closed group and if it’s not a closed group you’d expect more than just one case wouldn’t you?

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
England might end up taking a positive from the Scotland game after all.

Reiver

We had a positive test in the friendlies just before the finals too. Makes me question the procedures that are in place. Have other countries had similar?

TheReligion

Abusive
So Scotland are saying there's not been any other close contacts with Gilmour yet Mount and Chilwell from the England team are currently isolating?

Clearly the Scotland camp are being economical with the truth here which is nothing short of outrageous given we are in the middle of a pandemic and the wider implications this could have on the tournament.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
So Scotland are saying there's not been any other close contacts with Gilmour yet Mount and Chilwell from the England team are currently isolating?

Clearly the Scotland camp are being economical with the truth here which is nothing short of outrageous given we are in the middle of a pandemic and the wider implications this could have on the tournament.
Unless the Chelsea guys hung out in privat or similar.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!

Your first paragraph is exactly what I was about to write after reading the bbc article about mount and chilwell.

it’s a sham, obviously Scotland will say that as they don’t want to lose more players, I’d say it’s a given he’s been in close contact with teammates at camp, can’t imagine they’ve all been locked up solitary confinement. Even the picture I seen was of him face to face with the manager:lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
Your first paragraph is exactly what I was about to write after reading the bbc article about mount and chilwell.

it’s a sham, obviously Scotland will say that as they don’t want to lose more players, I’d say it’s a given he’s been in close contact with teammates at camp, can’t imagine they’ve all been locked up solitary confinement. Even the picture I seen was of him face to face with the manager:lol:
It's a disgrace really and I hope UEFA are looking at it carefully. They should be in bubbles but theres absolutely no way he's not had any close contacts before the test result.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
It's a disgrace really and I hope UEFA are looking at it carefully. They should be in bubbles but theres absolutely no way he's not had any close contacts before the test result.
Who picked up on the England players? England themselves?

TheReligion

Abusive
Who picked up on the England players? England themselves?
Yeah it seems like it although not really clear. I imagine they will ask Gilmour himself and then anyone else to come forward who is concerned. The England lads are daft but at least it's not been covered up and the right precautions can be taken.

DickDastardly

Its all a bit of a farse here from UEFA.
Again.

Like the situation with the Danes having to play after the Eriksen incident.

This is also a bit questionable from UEFA.

You have to have decisive protocols!
We can't have teams lying about contacts no matter what.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Yeah it seems like it although not really clear. I imagine they will ask Gilmour himself and then anyone else to come forward who is concerned. The England lads are daft but at least it's not been covered up and the right precautions can be taken.
Daft but I feel for them, Covid was probably the last thing on their mind after the match.

Gutted for Gilmour too, I wonder if players have been vaccinated or they’re in the too young bracket, be a shame if more and more players catch this leading into the knockouts. It’s not as if he’s caught it from the wind, it’s come from somewhere.

Bwuk

Wonder who comes in for Gilmour.

I’d guess Armstrong.

TheReligion

Abusive
What have they said today?

I fail to see how their can't have been close contacts.
They have denied Scotland have discussed isolating players with them. Southgate has also been asked about it and spoke out saying he's unsure how no one else would have contacted him in the dressing room post match for example.

The SFA are clearly misleading people here, or even worse they are being misled by the staff and players..

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
They have denied Scotland have discussed isolating players with them. Southgate has also been asked about it and spoke out saying he's unsure how no one else would have contacted him in the dressing room post match for example.

The SFA are clearly misleading people here, or even worse they are being misled by the staff and players..
Wouldn't be surprised. Look at the scenes in Serbia, Conga lines and all drinking. Hardly got slated for that at the time. Were celebrating the draw with England bigtime as well. Nothing occurred there, yet some Aberdeen players were slated for going to a restaurant together. Rangers players got 5-7 game bans for attending parties.

Clear picture of Gilmour close to Clarke's face, he should be isolating 100%

When it comes to the Scotland national team and the fans, it seems the rules and authority goes out the window with the SFA/SG. Although I do appreciated it's England health board dealing with this.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Hope Scotland field their strongest team. The meltdown from the English is already starting :lol: