Scott McTominay (Out) - Newcastle, West Ham, Everton, Southampton, Leicester interested

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
ETH has had the chance to see him first hand over the last few months and if he has deemed him surplus then so be it. I’ve never seen a United first team player in him and he’s had more than enough chances.

If we can get £20million+ then sell him. Pointless keeping players who’ll never adapt to a system or are just not the standard needed.

Sell them and move on, we need to be more ruthless.

jokervn91

Think Mctomminay is usable as a squad option especially in this era of 5 substitutes. So long as he's not a pivotal first team member he surely can have a role to contribute to this season.
Best way for McTom to contribute to our season is to be sold for a decent amount of money so we can fund other signings.

Mainoldo

If selling him means providing extra funds for Frenkie. On your bike son.

Telsim

I will believe it when I see it. And I don't think I will see it. Tinfoil hat on, but I'm certain there are certain people within the structure of the club that are protecting him. There is no other explanation for his participation week in week out for so many years despite never being even remotely good enough. And don't give me that shite about 4 different managers rating him.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
In all likelihood, Leeds would fit such potential transfer. They had recent experience wirh us for the Dan James transfer and McT did well against them.

lysglimt

Scout
It's kind of ironic that people talk about Iqbal and Savage as ready for the first-team when they often struggle to make a huge impact against other teams reserve-sides. Garner yes - the other 2 need to go out loan and prove themselves first

CM

I'd get him out the door for £10-15m if that bid arrives. We need to end this charade once and for all.

GreatDane

Loved him when we played against Leeds last season, he was a fighter in that game.
But he's too limited and not what we need, sell him and get either Frenkie or SMS please, or someone we get linked to tomorrow I don't care at this point.

redcucumber

Almost on the same level as McTominay covering for Casemiro.
Did you bang your head this morning? This is the post you initially replied to, about 15 minutes ago;

Every game we play McTominay at DM is a potential defeat. He isn't of any use to us, even as cover.
What have you gleaned from this conversation that makes you think I'm advocating McTominay to remain as cover for Casemiro? Think you need to get back to bed, bud.

RedCurry

I personally think he’s got talent in him that some manager will be able to nurture. He’s shown glimpses of it but not nearly consistently enough. Much like many good players in our squad, he is completely bereft of confidence at the moment. A David Moyes type of manager will do him good.

Sounds of the Aquarium

I'd get him out the door for £10-15m if that bid arrives. We need to end this charade once and for all.
With 5 English clubs potentially interested and also some German and Italian clubs, plus players like Chukwuemeka going for £20m and Morgan Gibbs-White for £42.5m I would hope we could get a bit more.

Trex

Mctominay should be leaving if we are sure to bring in another CM after Casemiro, on second thoughts no he can go right away.

Joseunited

Did you bang your head this morning? This is the post you initially replied to, about 15 minutes ago;

What have you gleaned from this conversation that makes you think I'm advocating McTominay to remain as cover for Casemiro? Think you need to get back to bed, bud.
Look mate read our little interchange,you jumped in when i responded to a poster saying we might sell 3 players to offset Casemiro.
I said we might need to buy another midfielder(implying we would be light in midfield).
Feck knows what you think I was implying but crack on anyway.

ROFLUTION

Why? The guy is 25. He is not going to massively improve somehow. His faults as a player is massive, and he won't ever be good enough for us.
They’ve been this/last season, yes. But before that he was a player who added to his game season by season. I believe there’s a decent player beneath his current form and 25 might not be the worst age for him - he clearly takes care of his body. So both to see if he can become a better player, and also to raise his price if he performs at a loan-side.

redcucumber

Look mate read our little interchange,you jumped in when i responded to a poster saying we might sell 3 players to offset Casemiro.
I said we might need to buy another midfielder(implying we would be light in midfield).
Feck knows what you think I was implying but crack on anyway.
It seemed like you were implying we'd be left short at DM if we sold McTominay as he's our only other option. Both firmly agreed that he needs to go.

CM

With 5 English clubs potentially interested and also some German and Italian clubs, plus players like Chukwuemeka going for £20m and Morgan Gibbs-White for £42.5m I would hope we could get a bit more.
If we can, great. This is a player who has played 122 Premier League games for us and has 3 more years on his contract. My primary concern isn't how much money we get for him, it's the potential damage of keeping a player of his quality around the first team for another year or two.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Seeing his back would make me as happy as when I saw the legendary paddy own goals mcnair out

Sounds of the Aquarium

If we can, great. This is a player who has played 122 Premier League games for us and has 3 more years on his contract. My primary concern isn't how much money we get for him, it's the potential damage of keeping a player of his quality around the first team for another year or two.
100% agree. We all know the squad needs a massive overhaul. I am only now starting to get the feeling that might now be happening. The players out of contract like pogba and lingard were a given but these sub par players is the next phase (and then also getting the replacements in, which we seem to be doing as well)

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Fred is miles ahead of McTominay, McTominay can't get in Scotland's midfield nevermind the Brazil one
And Carrick and Scholes always got looked over for England. It’s a meaningless metric that has just been picked up as another way to try to bash McTominay.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Turn him into a defender. I bet he does better than maguire as a cb.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yeah, I can tell by how much they've each played.
Silly, he's had a pre season with both - one has been in our first team for about 3 years with no rumour of a move away and now all of a sudden Iqbal is with the first team squad, we've signed Casemiro, we want another midfielder and Scott is linked for away.

Kag

Somebody like Moyes would happily spunk £30 million on this chuffer.

If the club was in any way competent then we’d get rid and bring in another central midfielder to complement Casemiro.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
And Carrick and Scholes always got looked over for England. It’s a meaningless metric that has just been picked up as another way to try to bash McTominay.
Scholes never got overlooked? He was a great player. He might have been played out of position as a player deemed capable of playing in other positions but he was never overlooked like Carrick or McT

Kag

Fred is a significantly better midfielder than McTominay irrespective.

mikeyt

Please be true! Then lets work with one of our younger players to take his place in the squad

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Bang. Average.

If we can get him out the door and another in it would be great business

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
A loan would be worse than keeping him. Either sell or retain him. You don’t loan out players who have played as much football as him at his age unless you can’t sell, which isn’t the case here — there’d be plenty interested.

fallengt

He was good when United played on empty stadium plus he isn't on high wage. It's no surprise many clubs want him

R'hllor

Really sad to see how many people wanna get rid of (what was the name of the title/trophy that JM inveted just so he could be seen as youth promoter) winner.

reelworld

McTominay has the worst first touch I've ever seen from a Manchester United midfielder.
Even as a cover, every minute he plays is better given to Garner, actual young player who we try ro figure out whether he can handle playing for Man United.