Scott McTominay | Transfer discussion not performance discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Here's to another season of barely making the team and watching his value decrease even more till he leaves for 10mill or a free when his contract runs out
And again he survived. Next year new contract incoming.

Judas

Open to offers
If Tan Hag uses him to his strengths, this really isn’t the end of the world people want to make it out to be, if we still bring another Bloke in as well.

Remember the geese

If Tan Hag uses him to his strengths, this really isn’t the end of the world people want to make it out to be, if we still bring another Bloke in as well.
We don't need him. We have younger players who are more talented than him and they should be taking his minutes.

Kag

Here's to another season of barely making the team and watching his value decrease even more till he leaves for 10mill or a free when his contract runs out
Yep. We should be actively trying to get rid. He shows little ambition when you take into consideration how many games he’s going to get.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
He has no strengths. He is 27. Barely scraping minutes. Sell him, take the money and move on.

Godfather

I'd rather we had kept Fred instead of him

Kag

I mean it looks like it’s us turning down the bids, he might want to move for all we know?
Then we’re being daft. You don’t keep fifth choice midfielders when clubs are submitting bids of £30 million for them.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Keeping a player who is worth 30 mil on the market, as 6th option in midfield. Even 7th if we buy Amrabat.
That is just bad business.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Getting Fred, Jones, Baily, Maguire, DDG off the books was far more important, imo.

crossy1686

career ending
United stance since the window opened was that he’s not for sale but a bid of £40m+ would tempt them to think about it. Nothing has changed unless West Ham find £10m from somewhere

Telsim

Woeful.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

We should've taken that £30m and ran, he's nowhere near the standard and I can't believe some United fans actually think he's a "good squad option".

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Because of 5m? We’ve done fantastically well so far this summer but this one is the wrong call IMO. We needed to raise funds this summer and turned down 30m for a fringe player and instead set around raising cash in 2s and 3s from around the continent for the likes of Bailly and Telles.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The trouble is his strengths are the antithesis of how we want to play. I've heard most people say he's at his best further forward causing a nuisance. We should be better and more cultured than that.
I hope this does not affect Amrabat.

AneRu

Because of 5m? We’ve done fantastically well so far this summer but this one is the wrong call IMO. We needed to raise funds this summer and turned down 30m for a fringe player and instead set around raising cash in 2s and 3s from around the continent for the likes of Bailly and Telles.
It's a woeful call. Someone will need to pay for this decision come April if it costs us, say we fail to sign Amrabat and go into the season without back up/competition for Casemiro having kept him on account of £5m, heads must roll.

redshaw

We've seen how bad we are when Case is injured or suspended and I'm sure he'll get another couple of red cards. Seems we should be swapping McTom for someone more adaptable defensively.

Kag

Not when we have players like McTominay leeching minutes from him.
This is a worry, but I don’t think Ten Hag has a blind spot with McTominay. He barely started him last season, and only did so when he absolutely had to.

AltiUn

Fecking give over. Mainoo was playing more than him in pre-season, it's clear ETH wants him playing. McT adds good depth, and if we add Amrabat the midfield is stacked.
So why the feck are we keeping McTominay then? He doesn't add good depth. He's far below the acceptable standard and has been ever since he broke through. We're not adding Amrabat if we don't sell McTominay.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We should've taken that £30m and ran, he's nowhere near the standard and I can't believe some United fans actually think he's a "good squad option".
More unbelievable is that that phrase comes from United fans. Who actually watch him week after week.

AltiUn

More unbelievable is that that phrase comes from United fans. Who actually watch him week after week.
I see some saying the manager has a blind spot for McTominay but I think a lot of fans seem to have it as well.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It's a woeful call. Someone will need to pay for this decision come April if it costs us, say we fail to sign Amrabat and go into the season without back up/competition for Casemiro having kept him on account of £5m, heads must roll.
Well I agree, was just trying to tone down my language because people think I simply ‘hate’ McTominay.

Even if we can still get Amrabat, then we could have used the 30m towards getting someone else instead. If Amrabat comes in, it will only further serve to limit the minutes of a player we have refused to sell for 30m, and who we will inevitably sell for half next summer instead.

Baxquux

Not when we have players like McTominay leeching minutes from him.
This, and his oafishness includes a robustness that would be useful in a positionally smarter , more agile and braver (on the ball) player, which means he's invariably available - antithesis of Martial...

I'm sorry to say it, but we know one of his biggest supporters -the one who personally intervened to have him choose Scotland, the one who probably saw another Fletcher in him through the sentimental eyes of not having to make pragmatic decisions anymore - was SAF. Who of course is still advising ETH on and off, as well as on the board (however 'hands' off, we know Arnold has been sourcing his advice too) - on the whole, I'm glad the great man is still involved in some capacity, but I think, aside from the other issues around institutional culture this is one instance where he might have a blind spit which is tipping the balance towards the club overvaluing McT....

AneRu

So why the feck are we keeping McTominay then? He doesn't add good depth. He's far below the acceptable standard and has been ever since he broke through. We're not adding Amrabat if we don't sell McTominay.
And when we inevitably run Casemiro into the ground right around February we need to remember the guy who made this atrocious call. This is disastrous and will set us back from building a truly competitive squad. Given what's happening elsewhere I think we have failed before the season has even started.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Not true? It was Fred and VDB going out and Amrabat in

AneRu

Well I agree, was just trying to tone down my language because people think I simply ‘hate’ McTominay.

Even if we can still get Amrabat, then we could have used the 30m towards getting someone else instead. If Amrabat comes in, it will only further serve to limit the minutes of a player we have refused to sell for 30m, and who we will inevitably sell for half next summer instead.
Another Romero/Everton moronic call, honestly speaking whoever is responsible for this could have just cost Ten Hag his job and needs to walk with him when things go wrong. In this FFP era we cant be turning our noses down on money for a useless player.

Real Name

This, and his oafishness includes a robustness that would be useful in a positionally smarter , more agile and braver (on the ball) player, which means he's invariably available - antithesis of Martial...

I'm sorry to say it, but we know one of his biggest supporters -the one who personally intervened to have him choose Scotland, the one who probably saw another Fletcher in him through the sentimental eyes of not having to make pragmatic decisions anymore - was SAF. Who of course is still advising ETH on and off, as well as on the board (however 'hands' off, we know Arnold has been sourcing his advice too) - on the whole, I'm glad the great man is still involved in some capacity, but I think, aside from the other issues around institutional culture this is one instance where he might have a blind spit which is tipping the balance towards the club overvaluing McT....
That's a ton of baseless assumptions based on absolutely nothing.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Not true? It was Fred and VDB going out and Amrabat in
If we are signing Amrabat then McT staying is even bigger mistake. He would be 7th choice midfielder. 7th.
That means cup game then and there and 10-15 minutes in PL every 4th or 5th game. That is very bad business.

Status
Not open for further replies.