g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Scott McTominay | Transfer discussion not performance discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
No, we can't let relegation fodder pry away our best players. This season is looking so promising if we can just retain our young, local stars like big Scotty T. I trust the club won't let us down.

Born2Lose

Funny how the players who get mocked on here are the ones that actually leave for transfer fees.

Baxquux

Funny how the players who get mocked on here are the ones that actually leave for transfer fees.
Don't think anyone's seriously claimed that SMcT wouldn't be a decent squad option for West Ham, particularly the way Moyes sets up. I'm sure he'd get 6-7 goals a season and a few assists. It's just different levels of expectation as well as styles of play..

Adnan

Talent Spotter
According to West Ham fans they're just fans that do a lot of guess work, the equivalent of the muppetiers for us.
They have a source within the club at West Ham is what I was told.

Also football fans will tell you Fabrizio Romano is a fraud, so I can understand a lower profile source like Claret & Hugh will be further ridiculed.

Baxquux

Am I reading wrong or doesn’t that suggest it is either Scot or James, not both?
Yeah, it means either one or the other. Since JWP fee has apparently been agreed, the delay might be because Spurs were also linked with him.

Maybe he's deferring decision until he knows whether they'll be making a last minute bid for him, itself perhaps linked to Spurs suddenly being flush with cash. I could see a JWP and Gift Orban double-spend with the HK money, if rumours are to be trusted, with a spare 20m left over for whatever else...

hobbers

One or the other until they sell Paqueta surely.

Cant lose him and just roll into the season with Alvarez and JWP

Koldbeer2021

Supports
West Ham
C&H has got some source within the club, but they've not been all that accurate at all so far this season it has to be said. Hugely speculative.

In my opinion they've got their wires crossed, what their so called source says isn't one or the other, its just one comes before the other. I've no doubt we are trying for Mctominay still as well.

C&H spinning that around using dodgy maths as well (125m, where has that figure come from eh?) to suggest just Mctominay, Maguire and Alvaraz, but the sums don't add up at all...unless you seriously think West Ham are bidding 60m (spoiler, we aren't!)

Bogga

If they end up selling Paqueta, they go all in for McT and give us a nice bid... lets say we've already thought that Amrabat is replacing Fred/VDB. Would we go into the season without replacing McT or do we go for someone more? If so, who?

roseguy64

If they end up selling Paqueta, they go all in for McT and give us a nice bid... lets say we've already thought that Amrabat is replacing Fred/VDB. Would we go into the season without replacing McT or do we go for someone more? If so, who?
We might just keep Mjebri around if McTominay goes. Unlike Mainoo he's at least got a full season of playing against pros.

Koldbeer2021

Supports
West Ham
No chance they replace Rice-Paqueta with JWP-McT :lol:
We've brought Alvaraz to replace Rice, his position is to literally sit in DM. Unlike Rice whom last year went on little runs that didn't to a huge amount unbalancing the whole midfield in the process.

JWP/McT are Soucek replacements in the starting line up, maybe Mct could be the more advanced man given his form in that type of role in Scotland games recently.

Our MF goes from:

last year - Rice (acting box-box role) Soucek doing some sort of hybrid DM role and Paqueta as an AM.

Alvaraz as deep DM holding in one place, JWP and one of Mctominay, Fofana or Gallagher taking the other MF berth.

On paper it looks weaker, but I think in practice there is far more stability in this years formation and far less unbalanced not having to accommodate Rice's every wish to become a more attacking player.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We've brought Alvaraz to replace Rice, his position is to literally sit in DM. Unlike Rice whom last year went on little runs that didn't to a huge amount unbalancing the whole midfield in the process.

JWP/McT are Soucek replacements in the starting line up, maybe Mct could be the more advanced man given his form in that type of role in Scotland games recently.

Our MF goes from:

last year - Rice (acting box-box role) Soucek doing some sort of hybrid DM role and Paqueta as an AM.

Alvaraz as deep DM holding in one place, JWP and one of Mctominay, Fofana or Gallagher taking the other MF berth.

On paper it looks weaker, but I think in practice there is far more stability in this years formation and far less unbalanced not having to accommodate Rice's every wish to become a more attacking player.
Ah to be fair I forgot Alvarez, good midfielder him. JWP and McT arent enough though. I still wonder if theyre going for one or both of them.

Polar

So he feels a bit of a wasted talent, and I think a move to West Ham, under Moyes, could really get the best out of him if they play him in the #8 role and let him get forward into the box well. Wouldn't at all be surprised to see him perform for them […]
Agree 100%. Feels right to let him go. At the same time I’m not surprised if McT step up his game and to a certain extent is able to replace Rice.

Rice out £105m and McT in £30-40m» could be the smartest trade of the year.

the_cliff

After the transfers of Caicedo and Rice I think we're well within our right to ask for 45 mill for Mctominay.

Red_Orchestra

The Scottish midfielder? I think they've made their mind up already. Who else is excited to see that one guy back in the lineup?

OverratedOpinion

The Scottish midfielder? I think they've made their mind up already. Who else is excited to see that one guy back in the lineup?
Meh, as long as the Scottish midfielder isn't the main cover for the Brazilian midfielder when he's unavailable then it's fine.

Suv666

No, we can't let relegation fodder pry away our best players. This season is looking so promising if we can just retain our young, local stars like big Scotty T. I trust the club won't let us down.
I don’t understand why certain posters get away with the constant wumming while the rest are cautioned

Status
Not open for further replies.