Scousers disregard for the FA Cup is despicable

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
DJS said:
I knew i could rely on you to miss the point completely...
I knew I could rely on you to talk shite

Your team is a shambles, and your club is arguably in a worse state than it has been since Shankly took over

Great :D

kkcbl

spinoza said:
The Singaporeans were drooling over him at one point

Some actually thought they could "import" him...
Of course we'd be interested to watch his progress - he was in Singapore for 5 of his prime learning years, & surely training with the Singapore National players must have counted for something?

But we knew realistically he was meant for bigger things so we never had grand illusions of him donning our National colours.

ps - however, we let a big fish go once - he was born in Singapore but went on to play for England - he goes by the name of Terry Butcher.;)

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
DJS said:
So you not being able to win at home to a non-professional side makes you good, does it?
The difference is that that was an exception and a huge surprise to everyone.

Liverpool losing to Burnley would not have been a massive surprise to anyone - it often happens to average Premiership sides.

PTME

Reserve Team Player
Once again Real Scousiedad proved that there are on the way downhill. Mind you this downward spiral started 15 years ago....

Fecking boring mid table team....

DJSpaz

Incredibly Stupid Bitter Biased Embarrassing Caf C
Like Nottingham Forest...you've won it two times..
An Extremely Boring Man said:
The difference is that that was an exception and a huge surprise to everyone.

Liverpool losing to Burnley would not have been a massive surprise to anyone - it often happens to average Premiership sides.
I think the bookmakers' odds suggest that it was a surprise.

PTME

Reserve Team Player
DJS said:
Are those the same record books that say we're the most successful english club ever?
Yup. Yor are the most successful english team in history by numbers, nobody is denying this. You can be proud of your rich history and so can we. But it seems to me that this proud LFC history is exactly that - a thing of the past, the distant past. And it's exactly that small word "distant" that should concern you lot...

DJSpaz

Incredibly Stupid Bitter Biased Embarrassing Caf C
Like Nottingham Forest...you've won it two times..
HSW said:
Yup. Yor are the most successful english team in history by numbers, nobody is denying this. You can be proud of your rich history and so can we. But it seems to me that this proud LFC history is exactly that - a thing of the past, the distant past. And it's exactly that small word "distant" that should concern you lot...
It was a long time ago, yes....even more embarrassing for you that you STILL havent caught up....

PTME

Reserve Team Player
DJS said:
It was a long time ago, yes....even more embarrassing for you that you STILL havent caught up....
LOL! Yeah right, we really haven't won anything the past 12 years.

BTW: One could argue that we are the most successful english club in history, because nobody else managed to win the treble. See, it all depends on the point of view...

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
--LFC1892-- said:
How did you work that one out?
For the first time since the 60's there are a number of teams you are unable to compete with both on and off the pitch.

You are no longer competing with the top 2-3 teams, you are competing with the likes of Middlesbrough, Charlton, Everton, Villa and Newcastle.

You are also-rans.

LWAR

It's the ultimate football atmosphere - Patrick Vi
But the Scousers on here yesterday claimed that 'Rafa' has improved the squad significantly...

:lol:
During his time he has brought in two top class players in Alonso and Morientes and he has players like Baros, Riise, Carragher and Traore (before last night) playing better. Our reserves were never going to beat Burnley, I was more than tempted to put on a bet at 7-1 for a Clarets win because a championship team in the FA cup will always give that little bit extra, if Exeter could hold you to a draw then Burnley could beat us. Rafa hasn't the money to produce a squad like Chelsea's where every reserve player is an international, but in a short time he has added some good players and got rid of some dead wood, whilst bedding in some youngsters. I am happy with the way he has shaped if not our squad, our team.

Gutsy

Good discussion is like a miniskirt. Short enough
oh surprise sur-feckin-prise, a thread with DJS in that has degraded into the old 18:4 debate yet again... seriously man you need to get a feckin life there. :rolleyes:

Heres a novelty, try sticking with the topic not the history lessons eh.. nobody gives a feck. :rolleyes: :boring:

Re_Deus

Little Englander
Sell Gerrard to Arsenal and you'll have all the investment you need.

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
LWAR said:
Well wait till we get investment (if we do, please please please Mr Parry). Rafa's had very little time or money, I am confident with enough funds he would bring in better players.
'Rafa' [sic] has spent £40m since he joined Liverpool. That's about as much as United have spent in the same period, and more than £30m more than Arsenal.

Little money indeed....

LWAR

'Rafa' [sic] has spent £40m since he joined Liverpool. That's about as much as United have spent in the same period, and more than £30m more than Arsenal.

Little money indeed....
This is what I classify as Bentiez signings, we've already had this argument about Cisse so I can't be bothered going over it again.

Alonso - £10m
Morientes - £6m
Garcia - £6m
Josemi - £2m
Nunez - Free
Pellegrino - Free

Of those he took risks on Garica, Alonso and Morientes, paying big money. So far Alonso has proved a success, Garcia a potential failure and we'll have to wait and see with Morientes, but I'm fairly confident he'll do well. Even if you include Cisse it's too early to tell whether he will be good or not.

Our squad needs improvement, that's obvious and only big money signings will do this IMO. Over the past few years I have had enough of these cheap foreign signings that prove to be flops. We need top quality players to come in and only big money will afford us that.

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
LWAR said:
This is what I classify as Bentiez signings, we've already had this argument about Cisse so I can't be bothered going over it again.

Alonso - £10m
Morientes - £6m
Garcia - £6m
Josemi - £2m
Nunez - Free
Pellegrino - Free

Of those he took risks on Garica, Alonso and Morientes, paying big money. So far Alonso has proved a success, Garcia a potential failure and we'll have to wait and see with Morientes, but I'm fairly confident he'll do well. Even if you include Cisse it's too early to tell whether he will be good or not.

Our squad needs improvement, that's obvious and only big money signings will do this IMO. Over the past few years I have had enough of these cheap foreign signings that prove to be flops. We need top quality players to come in and only big money will afford us that.
Whatever way you want to twist it, the fact is that Benitez has spent £40m since he joined Liverpool.

So, when you're saying he's not had alot of money to spend, you're wrong.

It's possible that you're fecked, basically...

Looking Busy

LWAR said:
During his time he has brought in two top class players in Alonso and Morientes and he has players like Baros, Riise, Carragher and Traore (before last night) playing better. Our reserves were never going to beat Burnley, I was more than tempted to put on a bet at 7-1 for a Clarets win because a championship team in the FA cup will always give that little bit extra, if Exeter could hold you to a draw then Burnley could beat us. Rafa hasn't the money to produce a squad like Chelsea's where every reserve player is an international, but in a short time he has added some good players and got rid of some dead wood, whilst bedding in some youngsters. I am happy with the way he has shaped if not our squad, our team.
Didn't our reserves beat Burnley in the Carling Cup last year.

My point, as in my first post in this thread was that considering you position in the league, why didn't you see the FA Cup as a higher priority. In terms of winning silverware.

Alilaw

Looking Busy said:

My point, as in my first post in this thread was that considering you position in the league, why didn't you see the FA Cup as a higher priority. In terms of winning silverware.
Year before. IIRC it had about the same number of first teamers as the scousers last night.

I find it odd that a better team was put out against Watford in the League Cup than against Burnley, particularly given that they would have had the oppurtunity to make up for it in the second leg with their big guns if anything had gone wrong.

LWAR

Whatever way you want to twist it, the fact is that Benitez has spent £40m since he joined Liverpool.

So, when you're saying he's not had alot of money to spend, you're wrong.

It's possible that you're fecked, basically...
Ok and he spent £36m on;

Alonso
Morientes
Garcia
Cisse

Which of these players hasn't improved our squad? Garcia who has been a relative dissapointment has at least contributed with a few goals and assists. Obviously it is too early to tell with Moro and Cisse.

Whilst he has spent £2m on Josemi, Nunez and Pellegrino. Two of which have been relative dissapointments and the other it is too early to tell.

His big money signings have been good as far as I'm concerned, so the more money he has to spend on quality players the better. You must remember when mentioning Arsenal and Utd that Ferguson and Wenger have been able to shape their squads over a period of years, both managers are probably confident in their teams. Benitez inherited Houllier's squad and will need to make his own key signings.

LWAR

Looking Busy said:

:confused: Don't ask me, I would have played a stronger side myself. I suppose Rafa really wants to concentrate on achieving that fourth spot though, getting extra revenue, keeping Gerrard etc.

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
Liverpool need cash quickly, as they need some heavy investment in their team and squad.

Half of their current squad is deadwood, and they need 6-7 new, quality players. That takes alot of money.

They need top class payers in the following positions:

Right back
Left back
Centre half
Right midfield
Striker

They also need a top notch goalie, but lots of teams do, and there are not many about, and they need another cover for centre midfield, unless they have some pomising youngster for that.