Scousers disregard for the FA Cup is despicable

LWAR

It's the ultimate football atmosphere - Patrick Vi
An Extremely Boring Man said:
Liverpool need cash quickly, as they need some heavy investment in their team and squad.

Half of their current squad is deadwood, and they need 6-7 new, quality players. That takes alot of money.

They need top class payers in the following positions:

Right back
Left back
Centre half
Right midfield
Striker

They also need a top notch goalie, but lots of teams do, and there are not many about, and they need another cover for centre midfield, unless they have some pomising youngster for that.
Exactly my point.

LWAR

None apart from Alonso have improved your squad.

Morientes - Owen
Garcia - Murphy
Cisse - Heskey
How do you know Morientes wont be better for us than Owen? Whilst a great goal scorer Owen's team play was poor. Nando can hopefully form a partnership with Baros scoring goals himself and providing assists, something that Owen could never do.

Garica is probably on a par with Murphy at the moment, but when on form Garcia is the better of the two.

Too early to tell about Cisse but at least he will be played as an out and out striker rather than a target man, which left Heskey ineffective.

spinoza

Paz's ion
LWAR said:
How do you know Morientes wont be better for us than Owen? Whilst a great goal scorer Owen's team play was poor. Nando can hopefully form a partnership with Baros scoring goals himself and providing assists, something that Owen could never do.

Garica is probably on a par with Murphy at the moment, but when on form Garcia is the better of the two.

Too early to tell about Cisse but at least he will be played as an out and out striker rather than a target man, which left Heskey ineffective.
Nando?

Like 'Rafa' and 'Ged'? ;)

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
LWAR said:

I don't know, nor do you.

I think Owen is a better striker than Morientes.

Have seen nothing to suggest Garcia isbetter than Murphy, and Garcia is alo a lightwieght, which Murphy wasn't.

It's not only about the players capabilities. Although Murphy wa only a squad player (a handy one though) and Heskey crap, in addition to Owen, they were English and Liverpool through and through. You've replaced three English players, who knows the league etc with three foreign players, with all that that might bring.

Kevrockcity

LWAR said:
How do you know Morientes wont be better for us than Owen?
being as that they were just playing in the same team and morientes was not getting games ahead of owen, i think it's pretty safe to say that owen is better than morientes.

Furious George

LWAR said:

Whilst he has spent £2m on Josemi, Nunez and Pellegrino. Two of which have been relative dissapointments and the other it is too early to tell.
To call Nunez a relative dissapointment is paying him huge and undeserved compliment. Even with your stolen scouse glasses on you have to see him for the shocker that he is.

Deserves the same status as Sean Dundee in the Liverpool history books.

LWAR

I don't know, nor do you.

I think Owen is a better striker than Morientes.

Have seen nothing to suggest Garcia isbetter than Murphy, and Garcia is alo a lightwieght, which Murphy wasn't.

It's not only about the players capabilities. Although Murphy wa only a squad player (a handy one though) and Heskey crap, in addition to Owen, they were English and Liverpool through and through. You've replaced three English players, who knows the league etc with three foreign players, with all that that might bring.
Owen is certainly the better striker, but my point is that I think Morientes might link up better with his team mates.

Garcia has shown flashes of brilliance but is far too inconsistent. Which I suppose is somewhat better than Murphy who was generally rubbish.

I wouldn't call Owen 'Liverpool through and through'. I don't think it matters much where a player is from if they're shite, Arsenal don't do too badly with only a few English.

LWAR

Furious George said:
To call Nunez a relative dissapointment is paying him huge and undeserved compliment. Even with your stolen scouse glasses on you have to see him for the shocker that he is.

Deserves the same status as Sean Dundee in the Liverpool history books.
That's a bit harsh, he's only played five games I think.

DJSpaz

Incredibly Stupid Bitter Biased Embarrassing Caf C
Like Nottingham Forest...you've won it two times..
LWAR said:
That's a bit harsh, he's only played five games I think.
:nono: It's perfectly reasonable to judge a player after just a few games....(if he plays LFC, that is)...

The epitome of this moronic type of thinking was highlighted and summed up beautifully by AEBM recently on a thread where, in expressing whether or not Tim Howard (signed summer 2003) was a good signing, AEBM explained that it was 'too early to say'....and then proceeded to conclude that Josemi, Garcia and Nunez (all signed in summer 2004) are 'shit'.... :houllier:

LWAR

DJS said:
:nono: It's perfectly reasonably to judge a player after just a few games....(if he plays LFC, that is)...

The epitome of this moronic type of thinking was highlighted and summed up beautifully by AEBM recently on a thread where, in expressing whether or not Tim Howard (signed summer 2003) was a good signing, AEBM explained that it was 'too early to say'....and then proceeded to conclude that Josemi, Garcia and Nunez (all signed in summer 2004) are 'shit'.... :houllier:
:D I don't mind, I'm used to Mancs and their inability to be objective. Oh wait, hold on, some of them rate Stevie G, how wrong I was! :o ;)

RaginRoy

West Coast North America, Manchester at heart
Morientes and Owen are both good strikers, Gerrard is a good player as well...

I think the problem lies somewhere between "OH MY GOD RAFA AND STEVE WILL CONQUOR THE WORLD" and "OH MY GOD SCOUSERS ARE STUPID".

Obviously ramming your heads at eachother isn't changing anyone else's opinion. That's exactly what they are, opinions. Keano showed that Gerrard isn't the best in the world the other day... but on other occassions our players have disappeared too..

Gutsy

Good discussion is like a miniskirt. Short enough
DJS said:
Some of them also rate Owen....now.

And they used to rate Morientes....but oddly enough, not any more....strange....

Yes, also funny how Beckham is now world class and now Rooney is shite.. :smirk:

Never rated Morientes myself. Spent most of his time on loan or on the bench and didnt see anything last weekend to change my mind. Owen always had potential, but his last year at Liverpool was dire so if anyone rates Owen now thats more of a reflection of Liverpool's general poor performance not the player especially.

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
DJS said:
:nono: It's perfectly reasonable to judge a player after just a few games....(if he plays LFC, that is)...

You are really slow, aren't you?

Howard - had a good first season, a below par second season; i.e. Too early too tell what the real Tim Howard is.

Josemi and Nunez are just crap - it doesn't take a genius to see that.

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
spinoza said:
Murphy's rubbish

So's Diouf

Morientes was good, but ineffectual against us

Liverpool are currently shite, as they have been for most of the last 14 years
Murphy is a good player to have in the squad. Can play across the midfield, and pops up with quite a few goals.

Diouf's rubbish.

Morientes I've in the past said is a Spanish Andy Cole - good goalscorer, but not a top drawer striker.

LWAR

Gutsy said:
Yes, also funny how Beckham is now world class and now Rooney is shite.. :smirk:

Never rated Morientes myself. Spent most of his time on loan or on the bench and didnt see anything last weekend to change my mind. Owen always had potential, but his last year at Liverpool was dire so if anyone rates Owen now thats more of a reflection of Liverpool's general poor performance not the player especially.
Beckham's always been shite. He's the most overrated player in football history and his talents consist of crossing the ball and looking pretty.

Rooney's a twat but a good player, given the right coaching he should go on to be world class.

I think this is the consensus of most Liverpool fans.

LWAR

Clueless idiot
Calm it rent boy, just a difference of opinion! I've never rated Beckham, which considering he has no pace, can't beat a man and plays out wide is fair enough. Whilst I think he was better at Utd than at Real I just think he's been found out at the Spanish giants. With ageing galacticos around him rather than the players he had at Old Trafford he's proving me right.

soccerbest

I seem to recall some fans shouting the odds over United fielding weak teams against allegedly inferior opposition a while ago and going out and were strongly accused to defacing the competition. It was the FA cup also! Strange how things come back to haunt this people, isn't it?

DJSpaz

Incredibly Stupid Bitter Biased Embarrassing Caf C
Like Nottingham Forest...you've won it two times..
soccerbest said:
I seem to recall some fans shouting the odds over United fielding weak teams against allegedly inferior opposition a while ago and going out and were strongly accused to defacing the competition. It was the FA cup also! Strange how things come back to haunt this people, isn't it?
Who shouted the odds over United fielding weak teams?

VanNistelrater

Poncey film buff
MUFC Champions 2006/2007: Where will the goals com
LWAR said:
Calm it rent boy, just a difference of opinion! I've never rated Beckham, which considering he has no pace, can't beat a man and plays out wide is fair enough. Whilst I think he was better at Utd than at Real I just think he's been found out at the Spanish giants. With ageing galacticos around him rather than the players he had at Old Trafford he's proving me right.
:lol:

Nonsence, Beckhams being found out because he cant play centre midfield and he doesnt have Fergusons guidance.

A winger doesnt HAVE to have pace and ability to beat a man, you know. Im the furthest thing from a Beckham obsessive that you will find, but from 96-01 he was fantastic for Manchester United.

Murt

I never really rated Bex, ok he was great at what he did but waaaaaaay overrated. One of his best attributes imo was his workrate.

I never rated Owen either.

giggzy

The Fatter Bryan Robson
LWAR said:
So why can't he?

I always thought the likes of Giggs, Scholes and Keane were far superior yet rated less. It's a funny old game.

Becks was top notch pre 2000. Great stamina, hunger and the ability to put in amazing crosses. Yes he was limited, but what he didn't have, he made up with his desire. Of course he was overrated, but to call him shite is taking the piss.... and that comes from a person who wanted him out of Old Trafford since way back in 2001!

Good player at this best.... (Fergie got the best out his 'limited' ability.... )

Not surprised he's failed big time at Madrid, tho'. He was never destined to be a central midfielder. Couldn't tackle, had no pace, his short passing wasn't all that good....... but heh, did he listen??? ;)