Sean Dyche: Everton Senior Men's team manager (sack watch)

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Only 6 home games remaining, the next 5 of those against top half teams. Away from home they're terrible. They're fecked.
I still think there are at least three teams worse than them. Southampton are hopeless and probably gone. Leeds can only beat Southampton (and Accrington Stanley). Leicester without Maddison are absolutely nothing. Bournemouth are a straight up Championship level team running out of steam after their promotion high. West Ham and Wolves are at Everton's level and have a lot of tough games left themselves.

Not getting a striker in who isn't made of breadsticks was absolutely mental, though.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think Everton will still stay up

simplyared

New manager bounce over! Dyche apparently seeing positives from a 2-0 home defeat to a team belonging in lower regions of the prem. Bar surely can't be that low can it? Dwight McNeil is some player though. At 23 and valued around 17 mil surely the better clubs will be sniffing round before long. He's signed up for another 4 yrs. Waste of talent staying where he is!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
New manager bounce over! Dyche apparently seeing positives from a 2-0 home defeat to a team belonging in lower regions of the prem. Bar surely can't be that low can it? Dwight McNeil is some player though. At 23 and valued around 17 mil surely the better clubs will be sniffing round before long. He's signed up for another 4 yrs. Waste of talent staying where he is!

I would say there are positives. We are creating more going forward under him and our play going forward has been better. We just lack a striker which is on the board, not him.

Pele's blue pil

Supports
Arsenal
First half he had them set up perfectly and I have no idea how we went in two up at half time but it was over the second he had to try and get them to come out. It's night and day between what they were under Lampard. I for one will be stunned if they go down.

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
First half he had them set up perfectly and I have no idea how we went in two up at half time but it was over the second he had to try and get them to come out. It's night and day between what they were under Lampard. I for one will be stunned if they go down.
Some of the players are just crap and fold when the first goal goes in.
The game was over as soon as Arsenal scored the first. We have no decent striker up front.
Any striker from any of the other 19 Premier League teams would be an upgrade, some from the Championship too.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The game was over as soon as Arsenal scored the first. We have no decent striker up front.
Any striker from any of the other 19 Premier League teams would be an upgrade, some from the Championship too.
This is it really. We can't go 1-0 down as we don't have the goals in us to win a game from that position which is depressing and the players know it. I think Dyche is doing almost as best as he can.

MegadrivePerson

Last season I think Richarlison was the difference between Everton going down and staying up.

This season its really hard to see where the goals are coming from?

I still think they will just about make it though as Southampton and Bournemouth will go down, so its one more from six possibly seven teams.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
They played a bit of his pre-match press conference and he said this game was a free hit for them. That did not send the team in with the right attitude. They probably would have lost anyway. However he is now going to be under pressure to make sure they win against their bottom of the table rivals. I think they will to be honest. He also needs to make sure he gets a striker in the summer. DCL is too unreliable. You need people who will go out to battle for you, not ones who the slightest twinge will make them unavailable. Maupay is neither use or ornament.

Their next game against Forest is very winnable I think. Their rivals to avoid the drop all have slightly tougher fixtures.
Im not even so sure about that, Everton are not good away from home. I think Forrest will cause them problems.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
They played a bit of his pre-match press conference and he said this game was a free hit for them. That did not send the team in with the right attitude. They probably would have lost anyway. However he is now going to be under pressure to make sure they win against their bottom of the table rivals. I think they will to be honest. He also needs to make sure he gets a striker in the summer. DCL is too unreliable. You need people who will go out to battle for you, not ones who the slightest twinge will make them unavailable. Maupay is neither use or ornament.
The striker thing is on the board, not him tbf.

simplyared

Post match Arsenal he didn't impress me. Said too much about the opposition and the reason they're top bla bla bla. I'm not saying he needs to slag off his players in the media but he did have an unsurprisingly mild tone towards them. He needs to look at Ten Hag. The master of post match pressers!

Pele's blue pil

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah, up until the goal you actually did really well and was looking like another frustrating game for us. Think the second goal was the killer, if you went in at half time just 1 goal down you keep the same game plan and then only risk stuff late on. Instead you had to try and play more open and it was pretty easy for us.

Was confident you would stay up but less so now I've seen your fixtures. Forest tomorrow is massive.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Sean Dyche question.

How well do you rate him? Do you think he has the capabilities to manage beyond the Burnley/relegation fight level? Has he shown any proficiency for progressive proactive football at any side he has managed? Don't doubt his defensive nous.

Listening to a conversation about him, curious to hear the Caf's thoughts.

MegadrivePerson

Dyche is a solid, likeable manager.

I think realistically Everton are the biggest club he will ever manage though.

If Everton stick with him he will keep them up this season and get them in to mid table going forward. I don't think he is capable of doing much more than that. The way Everton are run I don't think any manager in world football is able to do much more than that, so Dyche is a good fit for them.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Sean Dyche question.

How well do you rate him? Do you think he has the capabilities to manage beyond the Burnley/relegation fight level? Has he shown any proficiency for progressive proactive football at any side he has managed? Don't doubt his defensive nous.

Listening to a conversation about him, curious to hear the Caf's thoughts.
He is doing a good job. Apparently I’m the time he’s been here we have the 4th or 5th highest xG in the league. We have also had a higher xG than our opponents more often than not in games too. He knows the limitations of the squad but like Ten Hag appears to be good at setting up a team to play to those limitations. What I found most interesting about his time so far is the high press he deploys.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
So since my last post it's kind of fallen apart again. The majority of the forum felt that Dyche was a great choice and would keep us up. I had my reservations before he came in and the reservations I had are coming true this month. He did excellently when he came in but I fear that the group we have isn't as balls deep as he is when it comes to being up for the cause and challenge. His methods require total concentration and maximum output and quite simply, our players do not have the capability of doing that so if we go 1-0 down you can safely bet on us losing the game.

I think we are going to go down this season and I don't blame Dyche for that, but I'm also unsure if he is the right man to take us up too. He may well do that and bring us back up to the PL, but is that good for the long term future of the club? I'm not so sure.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
So since my last post it's kind of fallen apart again. The majority of the forum felt that Dyche was a great choice and would keep us up. I had my reservations before he came in and the reservations I had are coming true this month. He did excellently when he came in but I fear that the group we have isn't as balls deep as he is when it comes to being up for the cause and challenge. His methods require total concentration and maximum output and quite simply, our players do not have the capability of doing that so if we go 1-0 down you can safely bet on us losing the game.

I think we are going to go down this season and I don't blame Dyche for that, but I'm also unsure if he is the right man to take us up too. He may well do that and bring us back up to the PL, but is that good for the long term future of the club? I'm not so sure.
It was more of an anti-Lampard circle jerk going on.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I'm not convinced there was any saving this Everton squad.

Lay

I still think they’ll have just about enough to stay up

scottser

When you see clubs like Everton, Southampton, Leeds, West Ham skirting with relegation on s yearly basis, there's a certain inevitablility to them going down. In some ways, Everton might as well just get it over with, because if they don't get relegated this season, they will next.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It was more of an anti-Lampard circle jerk going on.
I see no lies.

If Lampard hadn't immediately walked into the Chelsea job , I'd be in here running Lampard propaganda for days like 'see even Dyche can't work with this crap group of players, at least Lampard kept them up' :D

Mr. Robot

I still think they’ll have just about enough to stay up
From what evidence, exactly? They're the second worst side in the league for me. Dreadful manager, dreadful players.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
When you see clubs like Everton, Southampton, Leeds, West Ham skirting with relegation on s yearly basis, there's a certain inevitablility to them going down. In some ways, Everton might as well just get it over with, because if they don't get relegated this season, they will next.
Everton specifically, their presence in this league appears to cause their fans nothing but misery. I think they'll find a year or two outside of it refreshing.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
From what evidence, exactly? They're the second worst side in the league for me. Dreadful manager, dreadful players.
I don't think the coach is dreadful at all, I just don't think he fits the "style" of their players well at all. I mean honestly, Dyche and Maupay, not exactly a match made in heaven that. Tbf if Calvert-Lewin were ever fit I think he'd stand a chance.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I don't think the coach is dreadful at all, I just don't think he fits the "style" of their players well at all. I mean honestly, Dyche and Maupay, not exactly a match made in heaven that. Tbf if Calvert-Lewin were ever fit I think he'd stand a chance.
DCL has played the last two games. Ironically it's the defence which has been letting us down, something Dyche is supposed to excel at.

Ole'sgunnarwin

I think Everton will have just amount to stay up. Just need a couple of big wins. Their fans can be influential despite the 4-1 loss. The Leicester match is huge.

Lay

Because I can't see Leeds, Forest, Soton doing any better. Everton are shocking but so are a lot of other clubs down there.

MegadrivePerson

I think Everton will have just amount to stay up. Just need a couple of big wins. Their fans can be influential despite the 4-1 loss. The Leicester match is huge.
Everton's last 5 games
Leicester away
Brighton away
Man City Home
Wolves away
Bouremouth home.

Bearing in mind that they have only won one away game this season and only won two last season I think they are in major trouble.

If Leicester beat them on Monday and Forest beat Southampton the following Monday I think they are gone. I can only see them getting a maximum of 5 points from those last fixtures and 33 points won't be enough to stay up.