Sebastien Haller / signed for West Ham

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by Cee90, Jun 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 5, 2019

golden_blunder Site admin. Manchester United fan Staff

Ious
  2. Jun 5, 2019

Jacob Full Member

Should be a'lair no? French don't pronounce first H.
  3. Jun 5, 2019

Adnan Full Member

We will have to bring in @JPRouve to clear this up..
  4. Jun 5, 2019

JPRouve can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate Scout

The H is silent, so the "ha-" is pronounced like "ah-".
  5. Jun 5, 2019

Adnan Full Member

You're correct sir..:D
  6. Jun 5, 2019

JohnnyKills Full Member

Guess the feeling is that we need a back-up striker to sit on the bench and allow Rashford to establish himself. If that's the case, someone like this guy might be a sound investment. No point keeping Lukaku on god-knows-how-much a week if we're not going to play him regularly.
  7. Jun 5, 2019

Devil may care Full Member

He at least offers some strengths we don't have unlike Dembele.
  8. Jun 5, 2019

Pagh Wraith Full Member

English pundits and commentators still can't pronounce Hazard after 7 years so I wouldn't get my hopes up for Haller.
  9. Jun 5, 2019

Devil81 Full Member

Never seen him play but used to always but him from Utrecht on Football manager haha!!

We're really looking at surprise signings this summer, this has come from nowhere.
  10. Jun 5, 2019

KirkDuyt Full Member

Supports:
    Feyenoord
    He was pretty good at FC Utrecht. Which should be a good indicator about whether he's United level.

He's not.
  11. Jun 5, 2019

Ajaxsuarez Full Member

Supports:
    Ajax
    don't know about United level, but there always looked like there was a lot more to him that didn't always come out at Utrecht
  12. Jun 5, 2019

KirkDuyt Full Member

Supports:
    Feyenoord
    Sure, that's why he moved to Germany, but United want world class player don't they? He's not that, not at all. I like Haller mind, just dont think he's he's United material.
  13. Jun 5, 2019

Suv666 Full Member

Looks decent but why are we looking for a target man, the era of pure strikers is gone. We need strikers in the mould of Griezmann or Dybala.
  14. Jun 5, 2019

Mcking Full Member

Who leads the line then?
  15. Jun 5, 2019

lsd Full Member

Icardi is the last player we need . Overpriced overrated does nothing for team play
  16. Jun 5, 2019

AlexUTD Full Member

""I always want to score goals, but I'm a team player first and foremost." – Haller on his own game."

I like his attitude already! Well he does look exciting in youtube videos atleast.
  17. Jun 5, 2019

MyOnlySolskjaer Creator of Player Performance threads

Looks a tidy player, just not expecting huge impact if I’m honest. And I think we need someone who can make major impact given Rashford is the other option.
  18. Jun 5, 2019

VorZakone What would Kenny G do?

How mobile/agile is he? We've seen that the leading strikers of recent PL champions have been dynamic strikers like Costa, Aguero and Vardy. And if you look at CL-winners from recent years you'll see the leading #9's from those teams were Suarez, Benzema and Firmino, all dynamic players.
  19. Jun 5, 2019

Josep Dowling Full Member

Sounds about right. Don't even attempt to sign his striking partner Jovic (the better player).
  20. Jun 5, 2019

Cee90 Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13

Comments like this make me laugh.

How do you know exactly that we didn't attempt to sign Jovic?

Just because you didn't read about it in the press, it doesn't mean we didn't ask about him.

Perhaps he didn't want to join us so we didn't bother to go any further? Would you pick United over Real right now?

We simply don't know, so it's a bit silly to assume.
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  21. Jun 5, 2019

Based Adnan New Member

He reminds me of Drogba from the videos posted. Great physical present, good link up play and a cool finisher though not with the best goals to game ratio.
  22. Jun 5, 2019

andersj Nick Powell Expert

I agree that they have some similarities.

Funny thing is, Haller is actually a year younger than Drogba was when he arrived at Chelsea. At the same age, Drogba played for Guingamp and his goal record was not impressive at all the past few years. He had just finished his first good season, and I’m sure people in here would have shouted «one-season-wonder».
  23. Jun 5, 2019

RU Devil Full Member

Don't care if he's not considered 'world class'. If he fits a need for the way OGS wants to play, then get him. Enough with the galactico method already, as it doesn't seem to create a cohesive team. As it stands, any world class player will cost an arm & a leg, especially since we aren't in the CL & have to put a serious premium in the wage in order to entice them. Our shopping list over the last few seasons have been seriously skewed toward 'stars' and haven't gotten us out of the Moyes Black Hole. Time to buy parts that make a better whole.

TBH, I'd be pleasantly surprised if Haller is actually being considered. I tend to think this is some agent trying to stir the pot, but it would be nice to see OGS & Co making shrewd buys.
  24. Jun 5, 2019

Houdini New Member

Did someone say Ibra 2.0? Proper number 9? Calm? A complete player exactly what we need. Sign him up!
  25. Jun 5, 2019

Righteous Steps Full Member

Nope i think it’s coming back actually especially in regards to target men who offer good all round play aside from just goals, Kane Jovic Costa etc. If anything poacher like players are being phased out, not number 9s with a good all round game like Haller seems to have.
  26. Jun 5, 2019

amolbhatia50k Sneaky bum time

Don't think he's scored enough goals to be compared to Ibra.
  27. Jun 5, 2019

JPRouve can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate Scout

In France he is compared to Giroud, a big physical striker with decent link up abilities.
  28. Jun 5, 2019

Nick7 Full Member

I'd take a young Giroud as backup on the cheap if available. I doubt this lad is available on the cheap though.
  29. Jun 5, 2019

reddevilz007 Full Member

A player like Daniel James would probably benefit from a target man like Haller.

If we play on the counter, it will be a joy to watch.
  30. Jun 5, 2019

Majima Full Member

How is his first touch with his back to goal? If it's Giroud like, that's perfect for us isn't it?

Him with Martial & Rashford either side looks like the beginning of a functional attack.
  31. Jun 5, 2019

reddevil702 Full Member

We must be looking in different dictionaries then.

Best attacking talents in Europe yet at 24 still plays for Frankfurt and except for this season - which may be his breakout - has nothing to prove your claims.

You're right, Icardi won't be much different in build up, but he's a much better finisher than Lukaku and a proven goal scorer which is something we desperately need!
  32. Jun 5, 2019

Josep Dowling Full Member

We haven’t signed anymore and doesn’t look like we are going to anytime soon so until we do I will keep slating how shit this club is run.
  33. Jun 5, 2019

Keeps It tidy Hates Messi

Target men usually do well in Whoscored's algorithm. Andy Carroll tended to have high ratings in their algorithm and Lukas Jutkiewicz was the highest rated player in the Championship.
  34. Jun 5, 2019

Welbeckham Full Member

Ibra’s best league goals tally at Haller’s age was 16. Not saying we should sign Haller or compare him to Ibra though.
  35. Jun 5, 2019

Cee90 Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13

:lol:
  36. Jun 5, 2019

Hughie77 Full Member

Is this guy for sale, a d how much, premier league looks suited to his attributes, 24 good age, it will be a step up, but Lukaku goes we could do with a more mobile striker, he looks like he could link up well with Rashford, even lingard?

It's all talk at present , were supposedly in for everyone?
  37. Jun 5, 2019

RedDevilCanuck Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin

I've never seen him.

But are we a counter attacking side? Possession? Pressing from the front?

I dont even fecking know. Dangerous to buy a young striker if you dont yet know your identity as a team.

Saying that the stats look good and the talent seems there. You just have to hope our scouts finally hit a home run.
  38. Jun 5, 2019

Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber Thus says Kemo

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
    Give me Giroud with extra pace as a striker and I'm happy all day long
  39. Jun 5, 2019

Raven Full Member

Don't know where people are getting this idea that he is a Lukaku type striker? Admittedly, I'm going off of highlight videos, but you can see from those that he's quite skilful, looks more in the mould of Ibra (probably not as good) than Lukaku. Probably cost 40-50 million I would have thought as well. Probably be a bargain, I mean Firmino worked out for Liverpool.

Also, he's fecking massive and fast, he's surely tailor made for the premier league.
  40. Jun 5, 2019

Infra-red Full Member

Small sample size, but from what I've seen under Ole thus far, I'd expect us to predominantly play counterattacking football in a 4-4-2 diamond system next season. If that does indeed prove to be the case, Haller would seem to be a decent option to form a classic 'big man-little man' combination up front with Rashford. Yussuf Poulsen is another one we might perhaps look at (he has formed a similar partnership with Werner at Leipzig).
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.