Sebastien Haller / signed for West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hughie77

Haven't seen him play, if he's a hold up striker it's what we could do with, lukaku can't do it! Greenwood haven't seen much of him iether, but seem oles going to start giving him more game time this season.

Remains to be seen if he goes with Greenwood if lukaku goes , I'd like us to bring in a striker as well?

starman

Good Arnautovic replacment for them, hopefully the reason we stayed out of it was to keep West Ham sweet so we can get Diop from them.

BlueHaze

Going to West Ham then. 35m.

I suspected he'd go to mid table club first, think that's a terrific signing for them.

You boys can sign him for 150m in a years time when he scores 15 next season.
Seriously? 35m? What the feck are we doing? If Rom leaves we need a replacement and this guy would be the perfect fit for that fee. :houllier:

Enigma_87

You know who
Seriously? 35m? What the feck are we doing? If Rom leaves we need a replacement and this guy would be the perfect fit for that fee. :houllier:
He's very limited from what I've seen. Werner is better if we are looking at the Bundesliga.

Alabaster Codify7

Would be a great signing for WHU. Can see him scoring a good 15-20 and being linked to a bigger club for £70m or more the following summer.

I'm hoping we've secured Ben Yedder and are just waiting for the Lukaku deal to be sorted.

ctp

He's very limited from what I've seen. Werner is better if we are looking at the Bundesliga.
Werner is also a completely different player and pretty much Rashford mk2. There's hardly a player United need less.

Enigma_87

You know who
Werner is also a completely different player and pretty much Rashford mk2. There's hardly a player United need less.
Depend on how we want to line up. Haller, Poulsen would expect service that we struggled to offer last year I'm not sure we will this year too.

ctp

Depend on how we want to line up. Haller, Poulsen would expect service that we struggled to offer last year I'm not sure we will this year too.
Haller's a targetman type though. Hit it long at him and have him provide the service for Rashford/Martial/Greenwood. I think that would improve United's play more than yet another pace merchant.

Not that I'd mind someone taking him off Eintracht tbh.

Enigma_87

You know who
Haller's a targetman type though. Hit it long at him and have him provide the service for Rashford/Martial/Greenwood. I think that would improve United's play more than yet another pace merchant.

Not that I'd mind someone taking him off Eintracht tbh.
Yeah, understand where you are getting at, but feel in a lot of games Lukaku is isolated and really not contributing much. Another target man would probably bring the same issue.

Isn't Poulsen the better suited one out of the two? He presses the opposition into mistake and generally has a lot of work rate to boost?

Gandalf

Yeah, understand where you are getting at, but feel in a lot of games Lukaku is isolated and really not contributing much. Another target man would probably bring the same issue.

Isn't Poulsen the better suited one out of the two? He presses the opposition into mistake and generally has a lot of work rate to boost?
Haller has much better touch than Lukaku and is strong in the air and very comfortable with his back to goal, all things Lukaku struggles with. If we are looking to play on the counter he is the kind of guy who can receive and retain possession to play in his teammates. Lukaku is far more suited to attacking the goal and getting on the end of crosses which is a weak point for our team.

George The Best

Target man is old school football imo. That just encourages ‘lump it’ football. Today’s game is all about mobility, something that Lukaku does not possess.

Look at City, Pool, Barca - they don’t have big lumps up front but seem to do quite well. I’d much prefer someone like Yedder.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Target man is old school football imo. That just encourages ‘lump it’ football. Today’s game is all about mobility, something that Lukaku does not possess.

Look at City, Pool, Barca - they don’t have big lumps up front but seem to do quite well. I’d much prefer someone like Yedder.
I'm not sure it's that black and white. Bayern won a treble with Mandzukic up front. Nevertheless, the more dynamic, the better indeed.

Gandalf

It is a little old school but it can be effective in a counter attacking system which is something Ole seems to favor. I don't think target man covers everything Haller does, he is more capable than that, but how many times did we groan in frustration last year when the ball was played to Rom and his awful touch saw us lose possession.

Infra-red

It is a little old school but it can be effective in a counter attacking system which is something Ole seems to favor. I don't think target man covers everything Haller does, he is more capable than that, but how many times did we groan in frustration last year when the ball was played to Rom and his awful touch saw us lose possession.
His hold up play is great and, given that we're likely to play on the break a lot next season, he would be a decent fit.

Unfortunately, the latest reports suggest that he will only move to a Champions League level club.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm not sure it's that black and white. Bayern won a treble with Mandzukic up front. Nevertheless, the more dynamic, the better indeed.
That was with 2 world class wide men in Ribery and robben that all the play went through.

bucky

I think if anything he would be a Fellaini replacement and an improvement on top of that.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If we were in, we would have asked him to wait. Think it was just paper talk.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Haller is a very interesting signing for West Ham, keen to see how he gets on there.

A part of me did think he would make a good Lukaku replacement, but oh well.

Infestissumam

could have had Tielemans and Haller for a combined 90m. Looking forward to next summer, when we are linked to both again ... at 90m each.

Suvvernmanc

A guy on talksport the other was saying that Haller was a very unselfish striker and made the Luka Jović numbers look so great. He passed the ball when he could have shot himself and often pulled defenders away for Jović to use the space to receive the ball.

He sounds very much like he would work best in a 2 rather than playing the highest man by himself. Has anyone else got that impression by watching him? Is he likely to play the lone striker at west ham as they are short in numbers now?

Becks-7-

Supports
United & Eintracht Frankfurt
Double frustration for me. To see him leaving Eintracht is hard. That he’s leaving for West Ham and United weren‘t in for him makes it even worse.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
A guy on talksport the other was saying that Haller was a very unselfish striker and made the Luka Jović numbers look so great. He passed the ball when he could have shot himself and often pulled defenders away for Jović to use the space to receive the ball.

He sounds very much like he would work best in a 2 rather than playing the highest man by himself. Has anyone else got that impression by watching him? Is he likely to play the lone striker at west ham as they are short in numbers now?
He certainly had a high amount of assists last year I believe.

He could end up being a good foil to Anderson/Lanzini/Antonio/Fornals or Yarmolenko if he ever gets back to his best.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Have we had the standard 'we'll try to sign him next year for 100million' post about this transfer yet? If not then here you go.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I predict a big flop for this guy next season - an underwhelming player.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Looking forward to watching him play in the PL. A welcome addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.