Seedorf vs Davids

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Younger posters will say Seedorf because he had the longer career and was beautiful to watch at Milan but prime Davids peak surpassed Seedorf. He was a one man engine room and arguably best midfielder in the world or thereabouts at his peak whereas Seedorf was predominantly a support act.

For the Dutch side it was always clear David's was superior as his mentality was more stronger.. proper fighter and insane will to win. Seedorf aged better and technically more talented but that shouldn't blind people as to their importance and effectiveness at their peak.
Totally agree with this. In many ways Seedorf s time on the Dutch team seems to be disappointing, and I think you make a good point about it probably coming down to sheer mental strength. Davids seemed to never stop running even when his team or he himself was playing like shit. Even when he played like shit he could still make himself a nuisance disrupting the flow of the opposing team. One of the most standout moments for Seedorf I seem to recall is him missing a peno or something in one of the big natl team tourneys. Wasn't it the EC in England? Seemed it almost quite literally broke the man. I do have a soft spot for Seedorf and obviously taken over their entire careers his impact on football was arguably greater than Davids. Seedorf aged better and made smarter choices for his career longevity. For as far as importance though at their absolute peak, Davids wins hands down imho

Oooh_aaah_cantona

Back in those days, not much YouTube and stuff, could only catch the occasional Serie A game, and of course the big tournaments.

Remember a knock out game, where Davids absolutely ran the show for Netherlands in midfield and popped up with a long range effort to win it.

Seedorf on the other hand, really not sure what the fuss is about. Tidy midfielder with great technique, but not on the same level, especially for the big games.