Selling Fred was a mistake

Litch

I totally disliked him and had an agenda against him. at times he was the worst standard of footballer to ever be a regular for us. initially I couldn't believe how poor he was but gave that the whole 'he was 50M he'll come good belief ' and he had a likeable personality. but this started changing for me when the smiling fred was smiling from the countless times he lost possession, it actually got unbelievable. only possession stats he had were safe balls back to maguire etc. in the end I couldn't stand his constant hand up apologies every game or actually laughing at himself at times. he should never in this world have earned any money from united let alone the 16M or whatever it was. fans that have believed he was good enough have fallen terribly in their beliefs of what a utd midfielder standards are. So happy he's gone. and doing OK in Turkey doesn't make him Roy keane either
If you didnt like him fine, but Im guessing you havent watched utd for very long if you think Fred's the worst regular for us....but like you said, you have an agenda.

Giggsy13

Could some of you actually wait for Mount to play more games and show his quality before you start clamouring for the underwhelming footballer that is Fred.

Munkehboi

I actually really liked Fred. He always seemed to be able to inject energy into the team with his pressing and engine. Quality and consistency was questionable. Some pedestrian and wayward passes I remember well.

That said there's no mistake in selling him. He just wasn't up to standards. Not buying an improvement in his posistion was the mistake. It's probably the most stocked midefield we've had in recent times in terms of the number of personnel but we're deeply missing quality in there.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I'd take Fred as our #8 any day. No idea why we sold him. Especially for such a low price. I think the McFred days put a bad taste in a lot of people mouths but when Fred and Cassemiro played together last year they did well.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Do we look like a Premier League team to you? We had the chance to play a Turkish team twice in the Champions League and we couldn't beat them either.
Last I remember we are 7th so are there 13 worse teams who aren't premier league teams I guess? Maybe we should get Turkish league's best player?

Last edited:

Red00012

I’m fully expecting a “Selling McTominay was a mistake “ next season if we do get rid .
Both should be nowhere near the club