He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Match 61
Tuesday 13 December, 19.00 GMT @ Lusail Stadium
Semi Final 1

Match 62
Wednesday 14 December, 19.00 GMT @ Al Bayt Stadium
Semi Final 2​

ThinkTank@Cafe

Morocco can beat this France. French defense far from perfect. Moroccans can move ball vertically fast enough to shake the French. They are also very disciplined in defense. Croatia vs Morocco please

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Argentina and France both to win 2-0 IMO. Admirable run from Morocco and Croatia but I think they'll fall short here.

Also, hope to god Argentina beats France in the final. Deschamps' tactics deserve absolutely nothing, but he'll get bailed out by pure player quality and some luck with that penalty miss. Shit on a stick tactics when they could be great.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Morocco = not only the first African winners, but also the first nation outside of Europe and South America to win it

Croatia = has never won it before and everyone loves Modric

Argentina = hasn't won it in ages and Messi winning it will cause mayhem

Please no France!

JTRI

Morocco to beat France and then Argentina in the final, it’s happening.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Regardless who wins, it will be quite sensational.

Morocco = not only the first African winners, but also the first nation outside of Europe and South America to win it

France = first nation to win the world cup back to back

Brazil won the world cup in 1958 and 1962.

Frank Grimes

Regardless who wins, it will be quite sensational.

France = first nation to win the world cup back to back

Good point. I don't want Argentina winning even though I love Messi. Would love to see Croatia do it.

BorisManUtd

I'd really like Argentina-France final, 2 teams that won 2 World Cups each, Messi vs Mbappe, Lisandro Martinez vs Varane etc. But even though France could be too much for Morocco, Argentina will probably struggle against Croatia.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I hope Croatia smash those argie cnuts and that nutjob keeper dives into a pile of pigeon shit.

No, I'm not ashamed of this at all.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I'd really like Argentina-France final, 2 teams that won 2 World Cups each, Messi vs Mbappe, Lisandro Martinez vs Varane etc. But even though France could be too much for Morocco, Argentina will probably struggle against Croatia.
Argentina have struggled their way throughout this tournament. Poland is probably the only game they had under control. The rest have been surviving by the skin of their teeth.

Croatia are slight favourites for me going into that game.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
To be fair, you guys did provoke them.
Yes, Van Gaal subbed off Riquelme in the 90s so Paredes boots the ball into our dug out. They obviously just hate Van Gaal and successfully channeled their anger.

I need at least 2 more weeks to be sensible about this :wenger:

Idxomer

Yes, Van Gaal subbed off Riquelme in the 90s so Paredes boots the ball into our dug out. They obviously just hate Van Gaal and successfully channeled their anger.

I need at least 2 more weeks to be sensible about this :wenger:
The whole Riquelme thing is so weird, that was 20 years ago ffs.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The whole Riquelme thing is so weird, that was 20 years ago ffs.
In their eyes Van Gaal is racist against latino's because he also subbed off Di Maria, and that was only 10 years ago.

I would be so much less bitter if they just owned up to being cnuts as well yesterday.

Antarion

I wanted ARG - BRA and ENG - POR/ESP

Fecking France will win it against Croatia again. That would be the worst and most boring outcome of this world cup

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
France will likely go through if Morocco don't get back their defenders.

Argentina, if Messi has a great game.

BorisManUtd

Argentina have struggled their way throughout this tournament. Poland is probably the only game they had under control. The rest have been surviving by the skin of their teeth.

Croatia are slight favourites for me going into that game.
I'd say Argentina were pretty convincing against Australia as well, other than fluke goal they didn't let chances and could've scored 2-3 more. Against Netherlands they were in control until after Messi's penalty goal, then they really struggled and conceded 2 in less than 20 minutes. Still deserved to go through though.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Would love either Martinez or Varane to come back to United with a gold medal, so it feels a bit strange, but I'll likely be supporting the favourites in both games.

Preference of course for Lisandro, as Varane already has his.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
I want Messi to win the WC. So Morocco in the final, please.
Morocco in the final will win it. It's the worst match for Argentina.

Unbelievable that some people still underestimate Morocco after all what happened in their last 5 games.

Antarion

Morocco in the final will win it. It's the worst match for Argentina.

Unbelievable that some people still underestimate Morocco after all what happened in their last 5 games.
I think it is not about underestimating them...but if you have the choice playing against the reigning world champion loaded with CL stars or Marocco you want to play against marocco - even if they killed Spain and Portugal

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
I think it is not about underestimating them...but if you have the choice playing against the reigning world champion loaded with CL stars or Marocco you want to play against marocco - even if they killed Spain and Portugal
And Belgium. A a draw with Croatia who just eliminated Brazil. And have yet to lose a game or concede a (real) goal. You just don't learn do you. No other had a hardest path to the semis than them.

There's no easy team in the last four and anything can happen in a knock-out game.