g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Semi Finals: Argentina vs Croatia | Eng... France vs Morocco

Idxomer

Would have been a great semi final. Sadly such is tournament football.

If messi wins it all, he is the undisputed GOAT. Ronaldo punching the air right now.
This has nothing to do with Ronaldo, the final is to put him apart from Maradona.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Nah, Di Maria is still not fully fit. Its a gift that Argentina were able to get through this match so easily and haven't had to throw him on to chase the game. Might just allow him to be fit to start the final.
What’s Di Maria’s injury anyway?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Croatia did well to get this far but they were far more impressive in 2018 than now. Even if you look at their run til now... they really didn't play well this world cup.
  • 1st game vs Morocco, bore draw
  • 2nd game hammered Canada, good game from them
  • 3rd game, got hammered by Belgium but Lukaku kept missing the chances
  • 4th game vs Japan, even game, won on pens
  • 5th game vs Brazil, got hammered in the 2nd half and extra time, keeper bailed them out/bad finishing, won on pens
  • 6th game vs Argentina, got hammered, opponent finally took their chances
Fair play to them for making it so far, but it was far more of an upset story. Morocco on the other hand genuinely have just played well and deservedly beat pretty much every opponent, or at the very least, deserved for it to go to pens/get draws/whatever.

Shame we didn't get the Brazil vs Argentina semi final. Argentina have improved immensely as the tournament has gone on - but have had an England level fixture list. Poland, Mexico, Saudi Arabia all shite teams in the group, Australia easily the worst team in the Ro16, Netherlands finally a good side (albeit lacking the squad quality that France/Portugal/Brazil/England have) and then Croatia pretty average for the semi's. Can only beat what's in front of you, but will be interesting to see how they are against France in the final, assuming France wins tomorrow.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Until shit penalty we had full control of the game. And then all went to utter shit. No excuse for giving up.

But nevertheless, congrats to all Argentina posters. Great success.

Whywhywhy

Supports
Boca Juniors
But the keeper is allowed to walk out and try and get the ball. You can't give a pen for that. The keeper closed the angle and forced him to chip it which he made a balls of. That's good goalkeeping. Alvarez then ran into him which is not a foul.
Mexican? talk about lucha libre...

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Are these two under the impression that we can't read spanish? :lol:

Lyng

Fischer's Fritze fischt frische Fische, frische Fische fischt Fischer's Fritze
My old German teacher used to force the few Danes in the school to recite that shit. Thanks for bringing back that childhood trauma. xD

DevilRed

Croatia do really well but just lack quality in a few areas, especially up front these days. Only so many world class players you can get from 4m people!

Alvarez looks the real deal which is quite depressing...
fecks me off we didn’t go after him because we were in manager limbo.

hopefully under new ownership we start to target these types of players.

Pocho

You just confirmed now what we talked earlier. Be big in defeat, small in win.
I congratulate all of you soon as game ended. Had no problem with it.
You.....zero sportsmanship.
you’ve been crying like a baby all week and so did today. I didn’t mock anybody, only you for crying all week.

Todd

Would have been a great semi final. Sadly such is tournament football.

If messi wins it all, he is the undisputed GOAT. Ronaldo punching the air right now.
Oh, Ronaldo is absolutely seething with rage wherever he is. Between what Messi and Argentina are doing and what he himself and Portugal failed to do, there was no worse World Cup scenario for his ego.

I'm fully expecting he makes some club announcement on Sunday to try to direct the spotlight away from the final.

Lyng

What a cruel twat :lol:

She claimed it was to help our mouths get used to the german language or some shite. But given that it was in 1993 I think we all knew it was revenge for the previous year.
Hard to blame her really. The school was in Denmark right at the border to Germany, and to say we wherent gracious in victory would be the understatement of the year.

MostHandsomePlayer

I wouldn't say against the run of play cause Croatia was always leaving that space as they dominated possession. Argentina looked sloppy in passing cause they were looking to exploit it with quick passes which were rushed.
I didn't think Julian would be enough of a lone threat to make runs like that but Enzo gave him a perfect pass.
I question whether it was pk cause Julian had already shot it and even though the keeper took him out it wouldn't have affected the play. What do you think?

Last edited:

GinobiliTheGOAT

I wouldn't say against the run of play cause Croatia was always leaving that space as they dominated possession. Argentina looked sloppy in passing cause they were looking to exploit it.
I didn't think Julian would be enough of a lone threat to make runs like that but Enzo gave him a perfect pass.
I question whether it was pk cause Julian had already shot it and even though the keeper took him out it wouldn't have affected the play. What do you think?
yes as the keeper didn’t even Complain , extended his leg

RedDevil@84

What is this news about illness in France camp? Don't tell me Argentina are gonna get the WC delivered on a silver platter.

MalaysianRed7

The most annoying thing if Morocco lose tomorrow is that the beautiful Moroccan crowd will be so flat in a third place playoff, compared to the absolute carnage they would cause if they were to support Morocco in what will probably be the most viewed football match in history. Just for that, I hope for a Moroccan win.