Ref: Felix Brych (Germany)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Match 50
Wednesday 7 July, 21.00 CET @ Wembley Stadium, London
Semi-final
Ref: Danny Makkelie (Netherlands)​

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Tempting fate that is

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
England Spain final, England to win 1-0. Jonjo Shelvey with the winning goal.

Inter Yer Nan

I’ve got a sneaky feeling Spain will edge Italy out. Don’t think the Italians will relish playing a team so good with the ball.

England should be favorites to hear Denmark but you never know. Denmark have played very well thus far.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Having watched both Spain and Italy's games. On form, there's only one winner and that's Italy. Spain just not good enough in the final third while Italy are excellent defenders.

Denmark will give England aa real tough test. We should win, but Denmark have some excellent players and I fear about our right side of defense.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Denmark have done fantastic after what happened at the start.. hope to have a fantastic semi final

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Spain have been flukey and wouldn't be completely surprised if they got a jammy win but then again Italy are pretty solid and Spain look like they need 20 chances to score.

Denmark will be a tough test, if all the big names are in form then England will win. Slack off and the Danes could punish us.

Italy favourites to win the whole thing but we were saying the same about France

Judas

Open to offers
Would be woefully inept and disappointing if we don't beat Denmark. We've played within ourselves so far, barely tested, I really hope we get the job done.

0le

Denmark will be tough. They have got momentum as well and got the entire world (other than England) behind them. Fortunately it is at Wembley so I still expect at England win. Fingers crossed.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If Spain can beat Italy then England should win the whole thing

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Two interesting SF.

Both will be close but think the favourites in the two games will do enough.

Italy 1-0 Spain

England 2-1 Denmark.

Revan

Assumptionman
England and Italy to reach the finals. I think England has the best player by far, and have them as favorites, although the history is against them.

Denmark will be tough. They have got momentum as well and got the entire world (other than England) behind them. Fortunately it is at Wembley so I still expect at England win. Fingers crossed.
Of course every neutral will be supporting Denmark. But 95% of fans on the day will be supporting England.

Jev

Think we have a decent chance against England, although they're favourites of course. We've been better than them until now and have such a togetherness in the squad. Can't wait for the game. Pressure off now.

MoskvaRed

If Spain can beat Italy then England should win the whole thing
I’d prefer Italy to be honest. Spain are very awkward to play against. Before then, of course, Denmark will be very tough. On paper, England are better but there is a kind of momentum/fairytale building around this Danish side.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I’d prefer Italy to be honest. Spain are very awkward to play against. Before then, of course, Denmark will be very tough. On paper, England are better but there is a kind of momentum/fairytale building around this Danish side.
That fairytale won’t be enough. They’ve exceeded expectations and been a joy at times to watch but England under Southgate aren’t going to let them play.England’s possession was impressive and not something that we’ve been used to. There’s more quality to this side than in previous tournaments. If you have that much quality on the bench I don’t think even Denmark will win.

FCBarcelona

Supports
FC Barcelona
Spain 40-60 Italy
England 80-20 Denmark

We (Spain) are too sloppy in both areas... and that penalizes a lot. We usually create a good amount of chances but we just miss them, then we receive some ridiculous goals. We need to have a better than usually day in the areas to beat Italy. But we are extremely random, we can lose against a tier C level team and win 6-0 to Germany. I wouldn't be surprised if we smash Italy or Italy smash us (I would be honestly more surprised if we did it... haha).

England is superior, but my only doubt is how they will react if they end up in a tough situation... will they be able to overcome it? for example... what if Muller had scored 1-1? now the final is close and pressure is higher, so if things don't go as expected it will interesting to see the reaction. England has been boring but solid and effective, and those are usually the best proxies to win the tournament.

Hard to get over how shit the Spanish FA's logo is.
A lot of controversy around it... nobody liked it. It received a lot of criticism. It is true that it is fine when it is used within the shield, but it is abysmal on its own. Nothing remarkable about it, 0 personality and you don't even know how to read it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Penna

Abraxas

This Denmark tie always looked the banana skin down the road coming into the quarters. They have been playing very, very well considering the players they have. They will be a threat from set pieces and can play a bit too.

I think this will be another one England have to grind out by the odd goal but odds are they will do that.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Think we have a decent chance against England, although they're favourites of course. We've been better than them until now and have such a togetherness in the squad. Can't wait for the game. Pressure off now.
The implication is that England don’t have togetherness in the squad which is patent nonsense.
However we’ve yet to see them go behind which will really test that spirit

Jev

The implication is that England don’t have togetherness in the squad which is patent nonsense.
However we’ve yet to see them go behind which will really test that spirit
No, I'm not saying that. I'm just saying there's a spirit to this Denmark side that makes me think we have a chance.