Serge Aurier | Spurs player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peanut Butter

Have I missed something here? Why go to all the trouble of agreeing fees, agents etc if his court case hasn't even been concluded?

We might sign a player who isn't allowed to live in England? Wait, what?

Kapardin

We need this guy. Already much of our attacking threat comes through Valencia. But Aurier is a class above and will add more to our attack.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Unless we have absolute certainty he can play here, wouldn't even consider signing him
Imagine if we paid PSG tons of money but he can't actually enter the country..
Doubt we'd be that naive, if we're negotiating with PSG, then I assume we've got the go ahead to sign him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Have I missed something here? Why go to all the trouble of agreeing fees, agents etc if his court case hasn't even been concluded?

There's rumours he only needs a workpermit.

Santos J

Unless we have absolute certainty he can play here, wouldn't even consider signing him
Imagine if we paid PSG tons of money but he can't actually enter the country..
We're obviously not going to sign him before his case is sorted if there's a chance he can't get in the country.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert

You cancel the deal if the trial or work permit doesn't go to plan.

Remember we almost didn't get a work permit for Rojo either, since he bottled some lad in Argentina.

Mihai

Play Valencia in the League and this guy in CL away games. Sorted.

Red4Life_#7

Its a big if, but you have to imagine that if we did get this guy and managed to get Perisic our 3511 formation would start to look pretty formidable without any makeshift components.

Honestly I have defended Tony V in the past but I think his time should be coming to an end. Defensively he still isn't good and going forward he is entirely predictable, possibly starting to slow and im genuinely fed up of watching a cross that is only ever hit in a general direction - somewhere in the middle. Aurier might be nutter, but he clearly has something and he would be an improvement
He, Zlatan and Herrera were our best outfield players from last season :O He has improved defensively and going forward too... he has changed and also crosses early now rather than waiting till the last possible moment.

I guess it give Jose the option to use Valencia in his old position of right wing.
Thought about that too. We would be solid on that side!! :D Along with Matic holding in the centre... tough team!

Suv666

His agent linking him with us to make Inter pay up. We need to sort out LB and LW before even thinking about any other position

Adnan

Talent Spotter
His agent linking him with us to make Inter pay up. We need to sort out LB and LW before even thinking about any other position
His agent hasn't done a good job of making Inter pay up if he's using a twitter account and a Goal Journalist to put the pressure on the Nerazzurri.

Klopp_De_Klown

sky saying the sun is reporting tomorrow that we have agreed terms for a 5 year deal with Aurier but to agree a price with PSG. Sun must be getting short of things to write.

How many weeks now still no new news

Adnan

Talent Spotter
sky saying the sun is reporting tomorrow that we have agreed terms for a 5 year deal with Aurier but to agree a price with PSG. Sun must be getting short of things to write.

How many weeks now still no new news
The Sun are citing the Goal Journalist from yesterday.

AgentP

We did the same thing with Griezmann. There is nothing wrong in doing that though. It's not like we just focus on one deal at a time. We'll be actively pursuing other options too.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
So the super soaraway Sun has this this morning - August 11 (it must be true...):
  • Serge Aurier has agreed a five-year deal with Manchester United but the club are yet to agree a fee with Paris Saint-Germain.

Nick Lowe

The way I see it, if we do buy Aurier, is that I imagine his place at RB wouldnt be an intermittent thing. He would play there all the time freeing Valencia up to play right midfield when he is available to play. I like the thought of them just completely destroying a team's left flank.

Canagel

Sky sources said that we have no interest in Aurier a couple of days ago so these conflicting reports are a bit confusing. TFM going on loan must mean that something has happened behind the scenes otherwise Mourinho wouldn't have sanctioned it.

prtk0811

For me its not even that. Left back is the real worry in the team and Jose's real focus. Yet I'd love our long term right back future sorted.
Well, we invested well in shaw, he will adapt and perform once he's over injury problems and with more focussed mentality with the world cup looming, If we get the likes of perisic too so he will give what the full back dont with blind and darmian.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Mou's latest interview seem to put this one to sleep

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Well, we invested well in shaw, he will adapt and perform once he's over injury problems and with more focussed mentality with the world cup looming, If we get the likes of perisic too so he will give what the full back dont with blind and darmian.
Really? He does seem to be a crock and when he did play he was hardly that great either. He reminds me of Fabio Da Silva whose hype grew bigger the more time he spent in the treatment room.

Andersons Dietician

He is great at defending and really rapid, but man his crossing is absolute shit. Like seriously bad. He is also not that good of a passer. This combined with his personal problems makes me want us to stay away.
Apart from the great defending and the personal problems, sounds like you're describing Valencia.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
They're still adamant he has a agreement with us. Time will tell if they're correct.
Valencia needs a decent alternative, this guy looks like a monster if we can get his head in the right place.

Status
Not open for further replies.