Serge Gnabry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
So he is available and we are stuck with an Ajax player who isn't for sale.
He could be available if he doesn’t extend his contract. However, the last rumors were, that he is closer to extending

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He could be available if he doesn’t extend his contract. However, the last rumors were, that he is closer to extending
What's the problem there anyway? He seemed very settled at Bayern, and he's been a pretty good player for you. Is it just a disagreement about wages?

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
What's the problem there anyway? He seemed very settled at Bayern, and he's been a pretty good player for you. Is it just a disagreement about wages?
I would have to assume it is more than that.

The alleged offer from Bayern was quite high and he is good friends with Kimmich and Goretzka. Both of whom have extended their contracts. He played in Stuttgart‘s youth together with Kimmich.

So maybe it is a question of his role (there were rumors that he would prefer to play more centrally) or Bayern‘s ambitions. I expect Lewandowski to leave and Bayern to not buy a pure CF. And I also expect them to sign de Ligt. Those two factors might be why the last sentiment was again more „he is closer to staying“.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
It isn't entirely clear, but there were mentions of positional grievances. Nagelsmann shifted him around quite a bit, and he allegedly didn't like that too much.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It isn't entirely clear, but there were mentions of positional grievances. Nagelsmann shifted him around quite a bit, and he allegedly didn't like that too much.
I heard he wants to play Central.

If that’s true then we can’t exactly be interested.

Rolaholic

No chance they get Leao but I really wish we would go for Gnabry too

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
That’s okay. I’ve already moved on to the Leao thread.

In all seriousness, have you seen CHO this summer? He’s spent some serious time in the gym. He looks stronger and faster after spending the off season rehabbing and getting in proper shape. He might be our guy.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
That’s okay. I’ve already moved on to the Leao thread.

In all seriousness, have you seen CHO this summer? He’s spent some serious time in the gym. He looks stronger and faster after spending the off season rehabbing and getting in proper shape. He might be our guy.
We keep thinking the same about Rashford after he turns into Hulk every summer

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
We keep thinking the same about Rashford after he turns into Hulk every summer
:lol: Fair point, but if Hudson-Odoi can produce anything close to the numbers Rashford produced in 19/20 and 20/21 I’d be ready to anoint him the best talent in the league :wenger:

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
What's with Boehly and his scatter gun approach very Woodie like.
It feels like an overzealous new boss with little/no experience and knowledge about the task at hand willing to show intent. Which is more or less what he is

Trex

It feels like an overzealous new boss with little/no experience and knowledge about the task at hand willing to show intent. Which is more or less what he is
At least he has a decent manager to veto his moves or else Chelsea would be toast.
It reminds me of the days of Vidal and Muller 100m bid.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
What's with Boehly and his scatter gun approach very Woodie like.
Supposedly Tuchel has been given a much bigger say on who comes and goes this summer, so I don't think, if there is a scattergun feel (which I don't think there is) it's on Boehly. I think he's being led by Tuchel, and probably wisely so in this first transfer window without proper structure in place yet.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
According to the Athletic, the contract offer on the table from Bayern is around £16m a year, which is just over £300k a week. Just a year left on his deal though, so could be interesting to see what happens.

They've lost Alaba and Sule for free in consecutive summers. Will Gnabry make it 3 in 3 next summer?

Trex

Supposedly Tuchel has been given a much bigger say on who comes and goes this summer, so I don't think, if there is a scattergun feel (which I don't think there is) it's on Boehly. I think he's being led by Tuchel, and probably wisely so in this first transfer window without proper structure in place yet.
Its feels like agents have been throwing their clients at him. Koulibaly has been at Napoli for years and no one has touched him. Ake is decent but nothing more, not bad players but very generic approach to the window, it reminds me of Woodward especially his early years.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Its feels like agents have been throwing their clients at him. Koulibaly has been at Napoli for years and no one has touched him. Ake is decent but nothing more, not bad players but very generic approach to the window, it reminds me of Woodward especially his early years.
No one touched him because he had a price of 100m on his head by their owner.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
But it's been reported that Tuchel can veto any player, and now that Cech and Marina are gone, there were reports of him using data software system he used to use at Dortmund to help identify targets, which supposedly directly led to the Raphinha approach. No-one touched Koulibaly because Napoli priced him out him of a move every single year. Did you think it was because clubs didn't really fancy him?

I think what's happening here is Tuchel provides a list of targets in certain positions, and Boehly goes off to try and secure them. De Ligt was clearly a top target but the fact that Chelsea very quickly moved away from that and onto Koulibaly when it became apparent he was likelier to choose Bayern is a very encouraging thing for me, not something to be worried about.

Trex

No one touched him because he had a price of 100m on his head by their owner.
This isn't true in football, clubs go get their target when they want to even breaking records see Maguire and Van Dijk as examples, but that's not the point time will tell if he knows what he's up to but I'll be worried if Avram Glazer is making signings himself.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
But it's been reported that Tuchel can veto any player, and now that Cech and Marina are gone, there were reports of him using data software system he used to use at Dortmund to help identify targets, which supposedly directly led to the Raphinha approach. No-one touched Koulibaly because Napoli priced him out him of a move every single year. Did you think it was because clubs didn't really fancy him?

I think what's happening here is Tuchel provides a list of targets in certain positions, and Boehly goes off to try and secure them. De Ligt was clearly a top target but the fact that Chelsea very quickly moved away from that and onto Koulibaly when it became apparent he was likelier to choose Bayern is a very encouraging thing for me, not something to be worried about.
in the past Tuchel made some strange transfer recommendations; its going to be interesting to see if he learned from past mistakes.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
in the past Tuchel made some strange transfer recommendations; its going to be interesting to see if he learned from past mistakes.
Yeah for sure. I'm usually not a fan of a manager having this much power in the transfers, but I suppose he's going to have to live or die by these decisions.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
This isn't true in football, clubs go get their target when they want to even breaking records see Maguire and Van Dijk as examples, but that's not the point time will tell if he knows what he's up to but I'll be worried if Avram Glazer is making signings himself.
Clubs break records if they think the player is worth it. If a club values a player at 50m they won't pay 100m.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He was great in that treble winning season 2019/20. Absolutely lethal in the CL too if I recall correctly.

How was he in 2020/21 and 2021/22? Didn't hear his name a lot.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
He was great in that treble winning season 2019/20. Absolutely lethal in the CL too if I recall correctly.

How was he in 2020/21 and 2021/22? Didn't hear his name a lot.
He didn't do very much, was far away feom his form in 19/20

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Only a matter of time before their RW search leads them to Antony tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.