Sergej Milinković-Savić

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
SMS is 10 times the player Rabidiot is

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
SMS is 10 times the player Rabidiot is
Think rabiot is more of what we need though… rabiot can play deeper not sure Savic can. I read something earlier saying that rabiot runs all game and has really good work rate.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Think rabiot is more of what we need though… rabiot can play deeper not sure Savic can. I read something earlier saying that rabiot runs all game and has really good work rate.
Do we need a shit player? I thought that we have alot of them

DJ_21

Do we need a shit player? I thought that we have alot of them
There’s shit and there’s absolute awful. We’ve got absolute awful. Rabiot will improve us aslong as we have someone like de Jong next to him. Him on his own with the current crap we have isn’t good enough.

croadyman

There’s shit and there’s absolute awful. We’ve got absolute awful. Rabiot will improve us aslong as we have someone like de Jong next to him. Him on his own with the current crap we have isn’t good enough.
Yeah him on his own makes no difference

RedorDead21

Saw this tweet the other day which kind of sums up my feelings on him — Milinković-Savić is a good individual player, I just don’t seem him being a particularly functional fit in the current team we have:
Everything he excels in is further up the pitch, leaving the central midfield duties to other players. That’s not what we need in midfield!
What says our attacking play doesn’t need an upgrade to you? You upgrade what you can with what’s out there. The order of how we do it….we ain’t really got that privilege.

joedirt87

We wont sign him because he actually would improve us
Also because we've never been interested in him, and he's never been interested in us. It's De Rossi, or Sneijder, or Gaitan. Take your pick of nonsense links to players for multiple years that never come close to materializing.

Nick.

Seems to have gone quiet again. This one doesn't appear to be happening.

Rolaholic

Says he's on the shortlist after Rabiot fell through and we've made contact with his agents in the last few hours

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

Says he's on the shortlist after Rabiot fell through and we've made contact with his agents in the last few hours
feck yes. Please make it happen. No competition. Would suit us. We need him. Around 40-50m. Not extremely high wages demands as some of these other feckers are asking for.

Phil Osophy

This club is so confusing. We seem to target the crap and when they're not attainable then we try Joao Felix, Savic and Casemiro.

saik

Isn't this guy a lot more attainable that all the names we've been linked to in the last couple of days? Even Caicedo is an unrealistic target this summer. Why not go all in on this guy? He's a lot better than our options and it's not like he's playing for the absolute top tier clubs so should be possible for us to convince him to come to us. Well, more attainable than Casemiro or Felix ffs.

DJ_21

This club is so confusing. We seem to target the crap and when they're not attainable then we try Joao Felix, Savic and Casemiro.
A joke ain’t it :lol: They do always say though save the best for last.

DJ_21

Isn't this guy a lot more attainable that all the names we've been linked to in the last couple of days? Even Caicedo is an unrealistic target this summer. Why not go all in on this guy? He's a lot better than our options and it's not like he's playing for the absolute top tier clubs so should be possible for us to convince him to come to us. Well, more attainable than Casemiro or Felix ffs.
Exactly… plus there not in the CL so he’ll be moving to a Europa league club to join another… except we’re a lot bigger. We never seem to go for the easiest and more attainable targets though.

saik

Exactly… plus there not in the CL so he’ll be moving to a Europa league club to join another… except we’re a lot bigger. We never seem to go for the easiest and more attainable targets though.
Yea, it's not like CL football is a stumbling block like it is with a lot of our other targets. Even fecking Rabiot demanded a lot because he didn't want to leave a CL club. We should target more players who would be playing for the clubs below the top tier but are still be good enough to improve us. This guy is definitely one of them.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Bit worried that we aren't targeting the same type of players. Casemiro, Calceido, Rabiot, SMS , FDJ - all are different types of players.

Judas

Open to offers
Bit worried that we aren't targeting the same type of players. Casemiro, Calceido, Rabiot, SMS , FDJ - all are different types of players.
It's massively worrying. There's even less logic to our supposed targets than usual. I can't get over how differently this window is going to how I expected it.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
This is more like it. Fits the profile more than Rabiot anyway.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Would be a shit signing and not what we need in the slightest.
  • Not a defensive mid
  • Not a deep playmaker
  • Not a passer
  • Is basically a goalscoring #10
Though i guess at Manchester United we can never have enough #10's. Might as well add to Bruno and Eriksen right???

bosnian_red

This is more like it. Fits the profile more than Rabiot anyway.
Not in the slightest. Unless you think the profile of player our team needs is another attacking midfielder and not a midfielder who is known for their defensive qualities?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Not in the slightest. Unless you think the profile of player our team needs is another attacking midfielder and not a midfielder who is known for their defensive qualities?
If you’d rather see McTominay then all the best to you.

bosnian_red

If you’d rather see McTominay then all the best to you.
If rather not spend 50-60m on a #10 as we already have 3. Its nothing to do with McTominay. Milenkovic-Savić can't play well in the 2 midfield positions that we lack players, he just isn't suited to it.

SerbianLad

Supports
General football fan
Would be a shit signing and not what we need in the slightest.
  • Not a defensive mid
  • Not a deep playmaker
  • Not a passer
  • Is basically a goalscoring #10
Though i guess at Manchester United we can never have enough #10's. Might as well add to Bruno and Eriksen right???
He's literally not a 10. He's box to box. I tried explaining his ideal position in my previous post. He isn't a 6 which should be Man Utd's top priority but he'll be a huge upgrade on players playing the 8 role atm.

2 man midfield

I meant more in terms of making the step up, is under 30, and isn’t likely to cause morale issues. Lazio fans would be sorry to see him go. Rabiot and Casemiro are the wrong profile of player, I wasn’t really talking about where they play.

Hughie77

Linked with every CM in Europe at the moment, all because the FDJ crap has dragged on. If UTD do not bring in at least 2 CMs of quality by end of August it's Criminal . Imo I don't think they will buy any more players.

bosnian_red

I meant more in terms of making the step up, is under 30, and isn’t likely to cause morale issues. Lazio fans would be sorry to see him go. Rabiot and Casemiro are the wrong profile of player, I wasn’t really talking about where they play.
Oh. Well... The position they play on the pitch, their quality, the role they would take up is probably the most important thing here for us, and he doesn't suit any of those in the slightest.

2 man midfield

Linked with every CM in Europe at the moment, all because the FDJ crap has dragged on. If UTD do not bring in at least 2 CMs of quality by end of August it's Criminal . Imo I don't think they will buy any more players.
We have to, I can’t believe we’re this light and believe we can afford to be picky. Get De Jong or don’t, but we should have been signing 2-3 others regardless. Look at Chelsea with their 8 centre mids, then look at us with McTominay and Fred and no fecker else. Literally nobody else. Pogba and Matic left an already paper thin midfield and we‘re apparently prepared to play it cool until deadline day. We should be freaking the feck out. One injury and we’re playing the kids. At Manchester United!

2 man midfield

Oh. Well... The position they play on the pitch, their quality, the role they would take up is probably the most important thing here for us, and he doesn't suit any of those in the slightest.
He’s not a priority position but I wouldn’t be against his signing as long as others join him. If we’re depending on him to be our marquee midfield signing then yeah we’re in trouble.