Sergej Milinkovic Savic

Robbie Boy

Christ, I didn’t like the look of him at all tonight. Reminds me of Fellaini in some ways. Nope.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Not quite the savage we thought huh... More like Milinkovic-Averic

Irrational.

He'll probably go for around the £50 million mark. Serves Lazio right fit quoting stoods prices, in a league where Lucas fecking Leiva is one of the top midfielders. Disgusting.

Fer

He wasn't good today, bib he has been really good for Lazio. Still, I wouldn't pay 100m for him. I prefer to sign Thiago or Kovacic who are available with a more reasonable price.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Christ, I didn’t like the look of him at all tonight. Reminds me of Fellaini in some ways. Nope.
Lol talk about 1 extreme to another, god bless the caf.

The fact is he’s a great talent but he’s not better than Pogba.

He’d be a bench player for us at the moment, but he could become something special.

His true value is around £40m, no chance in hell will Madrid spend anything over 70m on him.

haram

No. Most people are saying he is not worth the prices being quoted and he is far too similar to Pogba which are fair points.
People comparing him to Fellaini and saying that he is a myth. I do not think Lazio realistically expect 150 million. No one is paying that. He is worth up to around 70-80 million though. He is a fantastic player.

His true value is around £40m, no chance in hell will Madrid spend anything over 70m on him.
He is easily worth more than 40 million.

Suedesi

I saw nothing today to suggest he's worth 100 or 150 million Euros. Small sample of one match, but Serie A always inflates players. Remember Belotti who some here wanted to buy for 100 million Euros last summer?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I really like his composure when picking a pass in the final third. If Mourinho needs a physical presence in that advanced midfield role then I'm warming to the idea of him being there. Pogba's doing fine as a #8 for France and Milinkovic-Savic is obviously comfortable as a #10, so they can fit in the team purely in a positional sense. From the videos I saw he looked a lot more all action and his game was primarily about driving forward with the ball, but he's played a very different role for Serbia and done it quite well under the circumstances.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Hardly noticed he was playing tonight. Do not want, not for the inflated price.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
He'll probably go for around the £50 million mark. Serves Lazio right fit quoting stoods prices, in a league where Lucas fecking Leiva is one of the top midfielders. Disgusting.
Felipe Anderson 2.0

I remember when they where asking a shitload for him some seasons ago. Now he goes to West ham for £30-35M. Still decent money.

Jordi

The Caf judging a player on the one performance they manage to actually watch him in, surprise surprise! Was reading the Perisic tread earlier today and it's full of people blown away by his performance against Argentina, he's the "one that got away" from last summer, we should move mountains to get him now but he was a 30yr old one dimensional work horse last summer...

Savic has been outstanding for Lazio this season, putting in performances week in week out. Give it a rest.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Felt for the lad last night playing in a system that just doesn't suit him, a great defensive shift from him, I was knackered just watching him, but he offered next to nothing going forward. I know Krstajić has been put under pressure to play him but at least give him a chance, and why he didn't try him on the left against Lichtsteiner, whose legs look as though they've gone, late on at just to mix it up a bit is a mystery.

I'd still pay serious money for him if Pogba leaves though, there's a lot more to his game than he showed, or was allowed to show last night.

Loublaze

ATLien
The Caf judging a player on the one performance they manage to actually watch him in, surprise surprise! Was reading the Perisic tread earlier today and it's full of people blown away by his performance against Argentina, he's the "one that got away" from last summer, we should move mountains to get him now but he was a 30yr old one dimensional work horse last summer...

Savic has been outstanding for Lazio this season, putting in performances week in week out. Give it a rest.
Do you think he's worth 100 or 150M Euros? Honestly

Jordi

Do you think he's worth 100 or 150M Euros? Honestly
I honestly think no player is worth that kind of money but in today’s ridiculous market 100+ is what you’re going to have to pay...

I’m not saying we should go out and buy him. I, personally, am unsure if there would be a point to having both him and Pogba but if the later was to move on I would have no complaints with United spending the money to bring him in.

SpyLuke10

The only midfielders of those named who I would consider swapping with Pogba are Kroos and De Bruyne. Silva = old, Thiago = injury prone, verratti = french league. Bear in mind Pogba is 25 while De Bruyne is 26 and Kroos is 28. Also Pogba's stats compare very well with De Bruyne's from the last season. Goals + assists to minutes wise they are nearly identical. Winning the ball back Pogba has the edge. Pogba was out for a fair chunk of the season remember. Also I think Pogba has had a better world cup than him so far (granted, De Bruyne has only played 1 match).

SpyLuke10

That's just false. Kroos plays in a far superior side than Pogba. In his Juventus days no one would be putting Kroos ahead of Pogba. Given an option, 90% of caf would pick Pogba to join us before he joined us. This is a classic case of not appreciating what you have.

Streets ahead of Pogba is probably only one midfielder in current football and that's Modric. But Modric is streets ahead of any midfielder in the world.
Modric, Kroos, De Bruyne, Kante, then Pogba, imo.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
The much better and cheaper player is available in Kovacic.

This guy would just be a less mature and less talented version of Pogba, yet more expensive.

Loublaze

ATLien
I honestly think no player is worth that kind of money but in today’s ridiculous market 100+ is what you’re going to have to pay...

I’m not saying we should go out and buy him. I, personally, am unsure if there would be a point to having both him and Pogba but if the later was to move on I would have no complaints with United spending the money to bring him in.
The market is what it is but he's not even in the same tier of talent that Pogba is in, IMO. Our Fred looks like a bigger talent too. Its up to United and other big clubs to refuse to pay exorbitant amounts for players who haven't even proven themselves at the highest levels.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

The much better and cheaper player is available in Kovacic.

This guy would just be a less mature and less talented version of Pogba, yet more expensive.
I don't think Kovacic is much better, he was mentioned to me as someone who could become a potential great to follow by a Croat friend when he was starting at Inter, so i watched quite a few of his games there.I could see the potential quickly in his dribbling, he was already excellent at being direct and breaking the through the lines, but he had little vision in his passing and often struggled to get meaningfully involved in the bigger league and international games. I've lost interest in him now, though have seen enough at Real and for Croatia to know he hasn't developed much(if at all) from then. He's a lot like a better defensive,worse passing Alexander Hleb, you can see the talent, yet very frustrating to watch 9 times out of 10.

Not that i don't think he could still improve and become a very good player, but he's not one right now for me. He probably should have stayed in Italy or gone somewhere slightly less prestigious where he was guaranteed playing time.

Jordi

The market is what it is but he's not even in the same tier of talent that Pogba is in, IMO. Our Fred looks like a bigger talent too. Its up to United and other big clubs to refuse to pay exorbitant amounts for players who haven't even proven themselves at the highest levels.
I agree with you on that but my original point has nothing to do with his price tag and more to do with peoples knee jerk reactions to one performance. I’d want to have watched a player at least a handful of times before making any real judgement of them.

I find gauging a players value a bit pointless in these types of situation. I don’t even know if we’re in for the lad, but at the end of the day if United hypothetically splurge 100/150m on him then that’s what he’s worth to the club.

Loublaze

ATLien
I agree with you on that but my original point has nothing to do with his price tag and more to do with peoples knee jerk reactions to one performance. I’d want to have watched a player at least a handful of times before making any real judgement of them.

I find gauging a players value a bit pointless in these types of situation. I don’t even know if we’re in for the lad, but at the end of the day if United hypothetically splurge 100/150m on him then that’s what he’s worth to the club.
Most definitely. I've only seen him four times and I haven't been impressed but like you said earlier there wouldn't be a point in having both him and Pogba here and I think United are just looking at him as a potential replacement if Pogba does leave.

StonedhamsterZA

Not that I want Pogba gone, but there’s a lot of mention on the caf of “sign SMS if Pogba goes”.

I’m not convinced he would be the right replacement if Mou did get rid of Paul. I mean, if RM or Barca came and offered silly money for him, and we accepted, I’d assume we’d probably spend money on two decent players, like Kovacic and someone else, rather than spend cash on potentially this seasons Belotti.

Who would fill PP’s boots if he had to go? SMS? I think not.

beingshe7don

really hope we lose Fellaini and sell Herrera and buy Kovacic and Thiago.

Pogba, Matic, Kovacic, Thiago and Fred and we are sorted in midfield and don't need to depend on Pogba.

Fer

really hope we lose Fellaini and sell Herrera and buy Kovacic and Thiago.

Pogba, Matic, Kovacic, Thiago and Fred and we are sorted in midfield and don't need to depend on Pogba.
Kovacic wants to play. I doubt he sign for us to be a rotation player... But one of Thiago or Kovacic would be great.
If you have to choose one, who would you sign?

beingshe7don

Kovacic wants to play. I doubt he sign for us to be a rotation player... But one of Thiago or Kovacic would be great.
If you have to choose one, who would you sign?
I see Kovacic as a more dynamic Matic replacement and Thiago as a box to box who would rotate with Fred and Pogba. I think there are games for everyone. I like both players but I think Thiago provides that extra bit of flair and creativity to connect midfield to attack.

beingshe7don

I pitty the manager.
It's always a good idea to have backups especially at United where we are expected to win. The Ndombele guy seems a like a terrific prospect. The guy has an amazing engine on him. Wouldn't mind him and Thiago.

Valerio

Supports
Juventus
Lotito wants only money and value Savic €150m.

Plus Lazio wages level are too low for Sturaro and Rugani. Also Lazio said to be interested in Bentancur and Pjaca but only after they sell Milinkovic

Last edited by a moderator: