Sergej Milinkovic Savic

Bwuk

Would happily gut the midfield and get him and Jorginho in.

Pogba, Savic, Matic, Jorginho, Pereira, McTominay.

Carrick will retire, get rid of Fellaini, Herrera, Mata and Mkhi.

That's a fantastic midfield we'd have and very adaptable to different formations.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Lazio were 2-0 down to atlanta away, savic has scored two to drag his team back in it single handedly. Forget a Fullback, we need to sign him, even for 70/80-90 million. It does not matter, he is the real deal and probably an answer to de bruyne although different player.
His goals today-

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Abysmal 'keeping. SMS is the real deal, though.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Abysmal 'keeping. SMS is the real deal, though.
See the goals again, 2nd one he gives the keeper the eyes, where keeper thinks its going the other way and is caught off guard, 1st one is just great placement and hit from behind players, keeper saw it alte. yes keeper could have done better but at best could have parried the first one.

cyberman

He is the reason we've cooled off on Griezmann imo, especially if we also have the option of bringing Ozil in.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
How is Seri doing this term? He seemed the type of controlling midfielder to compliment Matic and Pogba.

Yagami

Good post resistant
My favourite Lazio players are Alberto and Immobile but, the more I watch of them, the more I see why we're after him. Certainly looks a good prospect.

red thru&thru

IS this a deal that could happen in January? I don’t really follow the Italian league or their teams, so I don’t know whether Lazio are fighting for the league, European cups, what their financial standing is like etc etc...

beingshe7don

We need to be dominating games like City. We need to go into away games expecting to win and NOT hoping to take one point and be happy about it. Savic is a machine that could run riot in the PL. With Savic and Pogba, we could dominate De Bruyne and Silva. Jose needs to sign a pre contract for this guy before Juve, Real or even PSG come in for him. I think we should go back to playing 4-3-3 where Savic/ Pogba and Matic would dominate the midfield and have a silky trio to just attack and counter attack.

Rashford/Martial ---- Lukaku ---- Bale have goals in them and with Pogba and Savic pulling the strings would be hard to stop. Malcom to come off the bench to replace Bale would give us the bench strength we need. Bale wouldn't play all the time. So that way, we can keep rotating and keep the squad fresh.

Bulldogg

Lazio is a CL contender this season so i don't think they'll sell SMS in January, also If SMS has a good world cup with Serbia his price would potentially rise even more. On paper Serbia has enough quality to do decent this world cup and Lazio know this so no way they sell in January.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.go...azio-star-linked-to/p621o9nv24ed1k8r7g3xpl5uh

Juventus are interested in signing Milinkovic-Savic, having identified the need to reinvigorate their midfield in 2018, but the player is clearly open to moving to Manchester.

"Mourinho is the best manager in the world," he enthused in January. "He's intelligent. And simply the best."

Mourinho would, therefore, be advised to wrap up a deal as quickly as possible for Milinkovic-Savic. Otherwise, it could all end in tears.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
"Mourinho is the best manager in the world," he enthused in January. "He's intelligent. And simply the best."

Mourinho would, therefore, be advised to wrap up a deal as quickly as possible for Milinkovic-Savic. Otherwise, it could all end in tears.
Mourinho must have blown his load instantly when he read that quote. Its like Sergej snuck into his bedroom and read it right off the ceiling mirror above his bed.

izec

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.go...azio-star-linked-to/p621o9nv24ed1k8r7g3xpl5uh

Juventus are interested in signing Milinkovic-Savic, having identified the need to reinvigorate their midfield in 2018, but the player is clearly open to moving to Manchester.

Juve wont spend 60m+ on him, i doubt it. They dont have such a midfield issue to pay that much for him.

Devil may care

He said this last January or is this quote from the future?

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Sign this fecker up asap. I don't care if he is similar to Pogba and that we ideally need a Kroos type to play in a midfield 3 with Pogba, that player currently doesn't exist so he can't be bought - SMS can be bought.

A SMS, Pogba, Matic midfield 3 would be unmatched in world football physically, while still being silky on the ball. Either one of Pogba or SMS can push forward with the other one staying behind and providing balance, both are capable of defence splitting passes from deep and can put themselves about in a midfield scruffle.

Devil may care

We'd be better off funding Juve's bid for SMS by buying Pjanic off them, we need a CM that can control the game as well as supply creativity with Pogba, that's not SMS, he's still too raw for that and gives the ball away too much, like a less refined version of Pogba.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
We'd be better off funding Juve's bid for SMS by buying Pjanic off them, we need a CM that can control the game as well as supply creativity with Pogba, that's not SMS, he's still too raw for that and gives the ball away too much, like a less refined version of Pogba.
I endorse this.

beingshe7don

We seem to be sending scouts to watch SMS on two separate occasions. Mourinho seems like a fan. He would raise the level of our midfield immensely.

I would have agreed for Pjanic if we didn't have Matic. But SMS and Pogba offer a lot more in the final third that we've been lacking recently.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Matic is more than good enough to control the tempo from deep. We need a dynamic player like Milinkovic Savic right now.

Devil may care

I endorse this.
We are sorely lacking this type of player, an orchestrator.

Matic is more than good enough to control the tempo from deep. We need a dynamic player like Milinkovic Savic right now.
We have dynamic players in Martial, Rashford, Pogba and even Lingard and I'm sure we'll be adding a forward in the summer, what the team lacks is a brain, a consumate passer to control the game further up the pitch, Matic is a DM, his passing game is decent but not that of Pjanic or other top playmakers, buying a player who gives the ball away a lot and is erratic with his passing wont help when we face pressure, we need a composed and experienced architect that allows Pogba to be the maverick as he'll keep the shape when Pogba wanders off so teams wont run through the middle of us like they've been doing, not a clone of Pogba who is less refined, less disciplined and more prone to losing possession, we have a team that has enough blunt objects, we need a bit of craft like a Pjanic or Eriksen, not just more speed and power.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

We have dynamic players in Martial, Rashford, Pogba and even Lingard and I'm sure we'll be adding a forward in the summer, what the team lacks is a brain, a consumate passer to control the game further up the pitch, Matic is a DM, his passing game is decent but not that of Pjanic or other top playmakers, buying a player who gives the ball away a lot and is erratic with his passing wont help when we face pressure, we need a composed and experienced architect that allows Pogba to be the maverick as he'll keep the shape when Pogba wanders off so teams wont run through the middle of us like they've been doing, not a clone of Pogba who is less refined, less disciplined and more prone to losing possession, we have a team that has enough blunt objects, we need a bit of craft like a Pjanic or Eriksen, not just more speed and power.
He does lose the ball but that is down to him taking risks passing the ball forward. He will provide the creativity and craft along with the steel to play in the EPL. We need another midfielder that is dynamic going forward and Milinkovic Savic fits the bill.

Trizy

A midfield 3 of Pogba-Matic-SMS would be amazing. As would it be with Pogba-Matic-Goretzka who would be my first choice.

Either way, I'm all of signing any of them. If we got either player + Ozil in January that would be amazing!

haram

What happens when Pogba is not on the pitch though? There is no drive in midfield. SMS can play in a three and also in place of Pogba. We need to sign a AM as well so SMS can rotate with him. We dont need 3 CM's in every game.

Devil may care

He does lose the ball but that is down to him taking risks passing the ball forward. He will provide the creativity and craft along with the steel to play in the EPL. We need another midfielder that is dynamic going forward and Milinkovic Savic fits the bill.
We don't need more risk taking in midfield, that is what Pogba is for, and steel is vastly overrated, just look at City, they have the one steel player and are descimating teams, we need a Silva like brain next to Pogba, someone to think and not just react all of the time, SMS is like Pogba in that he has no patience and is always looking to go forward, two of them in one line-up isn't going to help us.

What happens when Pogba is not on the pitch though? There is no drive in midfield. SMS can play in a three and also in place of Pogba. We need to sign a AM as well so SMS can rotate with him. We dont need 3 CM's in every game.
When Pogba is not on the pitch we'd still have Pjanic supplying the passes and can put Lingard or Pereira or a versatile attacker we buy into the hole, SMS isn't coming here to rotate, not at the fees being touted, and the 3 man midfield in every game is fine if it features two players like Pogba and Pjanic, lots of creativity there to feed the front 3 and guard against the counter while also offering control.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Definitely reminds me of Pogba the way he moves the ball around and attacks the space.

Looks like a right gem.
Would love to sign him, but I just feel this is just one of those transfer targets that never materialises.