Sergio Busquets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Is very impressive how far he's come in under two years - he's just walked into two of the best starting line-ups in the world from nowhere, there was 10times more hype about Dos Santos in the youth teams to name just one player. He only played 3 times for the U21s for Spain.

He's a twattish player though, I'm sure even Barca fans would admit that.

FranklyVulgar

I've got a pretty little mouth underneath all the
No doubt he's got a mean streak and a dirty dirty side to him. I hope with maturity he weeds that out. Like getting sent off against Madrid, he didnt need to do that.

Saying that he actually plays with such maturity. I think it is his calmness and awareness that set him apart. He's so tidy on the ball, i get the impression he's a managers dream. He seems to do exactly the job he is given.

At 21 years of age he can only progress. Like i said he can go down as a Barca and a Spanish legend.

My one gripe about Spain is that they play him AND Alonso. I mean in games where they want to score a lot they could do with just the one.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I think he is alright, a bit vary to rate him too much. Sometimes it can be difficult to tell how a good player actually is, in such good teams like Barca and Spain.

mufcwarm92

Massive twat, but unfortunately, he's likely to become a massive player. Amazingly comfortable and composed at such a young age, at such a high level.

How the feck are Barca chirning out so many class players from the academy?

FranklyVulgar

I think he is alright, a bit vary to rate him too much. Sometimes it can be difficult to tell how a good player actually is, in such good teams like Barca and Spain.
I dont think he's as much of a twat as people say.

He's clever, he goes down when he's going to lose it or when he thinks a player is going to do damage. He fouls when he thinks a player is going to do damage. He's cynical but i like that sort of player, crafty.

I think the fact he walks flawlessly into either side shows how talented he is. He has no real pace so his position is always going to be in front of the back 4 and he does that job to perfection.

His skill on the ball is a joy to watch, he just does everything so.... deliberately yet smoothly.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He was awesome yesterday, great skill on the ball and his step overs actually beat people which was very impressive.

Still a massive **** though.

crappycraperson

Scout
I dont think he's as much of a **** as people say.

He's clever, he goes down when he's going to lose it or when he thinks a player is going to do damage. He fouls when he thinks a player is going to do damage. He's cynical but i like that sort of player, crafty.

I think the fact he walks flawlessly into either side shows how talented he is. He has no real pace so his position is always going to be in front of the back 4 and he does that job to perfection.

His skill on the ball is a joy to watch, he just does everything so.... deliberately yet smoothly.
I do not think he is as good as at the front of back four as a lot of others out there. In fact Spanish defense looks leaky with Ramos playing as winger, Pique as a midfielder and Biscuits not being as effective defensively as Senna. He is good enough technically to roll with likes of Xavi and participate in team play, even pull out some cracking openings himself. But he is a bit redundant IMO. Both Alonso and Xavi can more or less do whatever he offers. Either they should play Fabregas who adds another dimension to their MF or someone like Senna who will allow Alonso get forward more.

Even Barca long term IMO will suffer in crucial games if he ends up in charge of the role of defensive midfielder.

He may prove me wrong, but that is how I see it right now.

FranklyVulgar

Could be right enough, but i dont see how Yaya would have made any difference to them in the big games. They lost because teams defended well, not because they were torn apart at the back...

I am with you, they should play Fabregas instead of Alonso. I think having Alonso and Busquets is pointless.

I think Busquets defends a lot better than you give him credit for. Positionally he is solid and even if he gets beat he tends to foul in non dangerous areas which breaks up play and stops an opponents momentum.

Talking Vulture

He's shit, move on.
I don't think he's that bad.

For example i've seen him make the most of stuff, dive ect but i've never seen him try and break another players leg.
So getting that Inter player sent off in the European Cup semi wasn't 'that bad'?

The guy is a cnut. The fact that he's a snide fecker makes him worse than someone who goes around kicking lumps out of other players.

FranklyVulgar

You don't like Ronaldo though...
Nope, Ronaldo goes down even when he's not going to lose it. Ronaldo goes down when he could stay on his feet and be more dangerous. I like Busquets because he always does what is best for his team. Ronaldo does what is best for himself. In other words try and win free kicks so he can shoot from all angles.

Ronaldo is a puffball, Busquets is pure silky filth.

Then he waves his arms around and cries about it.

Busquets for the most part gets on with things, apart from when he is smart enough to know a player is on a booking and said player is dumb enough to stick his hand into his face. Which, Busquets reaction or not was a booking.

crappycraperson

Scout
Nope, Ronaldo goes down even when he's not going to lose it. Ronaldo goes down when he could stay on his feet and be more dangerous. I like Busquets because he always does what is best for his team. Ronaldo does what is best for himself. In other words try and win free kicks so he can shoot from all angles.

Busquets for the most part gets on with things, apart from when he is smart enough to know a player is on a booking and said player is dumb enough to stick his hand into his face. Which, Busquets reaction or not was a booking.
:lol: That is an hilarious rationalisation.

Myxomatosis

United fan? My arse. WUM masquerades
He is a very good player. In the Spain and Barcelona first XI at 21. He's got a great career ahead of him. Massive cheat though.

zing

Zingle balls
Strange reading the comments. I didn't think Busquets was any good yesterday and in the earlier game seemed redundant against the Swiss because the Swiss never had the ball. Yesterday, Alonso was better than him defensively and far, far superior in distribution.

He's not a patch on Senna, who seemed to always know where the ball was going to be.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Fantastic stuff :lol:.You really deserve some sort of tagline after this

Alex

I'll have what he's having :drool:

FranklyVulgar

It's the truth, you didnt see Ronaldo smile when his team were winning by many goals. Only when he scored did he finally look happy.

He's a total puffball.

Busquets is a managers dream, does exactly what you tell him. His instructions were to keep the ball and pass to Xavi or Alonso for the most part. He did that brilliantly. He'd break up play then rush forward and give it to one of them. That was his role and he performed it very well.

FranklyVulgar

I knew you were insane, but this is starting to get scary.
Nice tag by the way. Kickin ass and chewin gum is the way forward!

Na i just like Busquets as a player. More to do with him being in a position where being a bit dirty is the way to do it. Most good middle of the park type players will be dirty in that way and he uses every trick in the book at such a young age.

Decotron

This lad is developing at some rate although I didnt see it with initially with him. Maybe his persona had something to do with that.

On the pitch his influence continues to grow, a better fit for Barca than Toure was. Brave management from Guardiola to make that call so early given his age. Im sure I'll probably call him a cu*t again at some stage but hes potentially another world class player for them.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He's unerringly good. He's given a fairly strict role and excels at it, which is just a testament to his maturity, but there's still so much more to his game. Had as many flicks as any player on the pitch today and he's fantastically well-rounded technically.

He might be a despicable prick but you can't not be impressed.

Devil may care

He's unerringly good. He's given a fairly strict role and excels at it, which is just a testament to his maturity, but there's still so much more to his game. Had as many flicks as any player on the pitch today and he's fantastically well-rounded technically.

He might be a despicable prick but you can't not be impressed.
Yep, his accelerated growth as a player over the last year has been incredible, he compliments Xavi and Iniesta perfectly.

Alex

On careful inspection, his game more than holds up like most Barca trained players, I wish I would have trained there when I was teen, could have been good enough for United....

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
It's like a videogame , everyone is controlled by the same process, the same philosophy of play.I've never seen anything like it
Indeed. The last time I saw a team like this was the 1995 Ajax team. Yet even they were not as mesmerizing. Last night reminded me of the video of England getting hammered by Puskas' Hungarian boys. Real had rings ran around them till they were dizzy.

Status
Not open for further replies.