Sergio Reguilón | 2023/24 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir Jim's cost cutting begins. All set now for Reguilón to score the winner at Old Trafford for Spurs in two weeks time...

Could Fernandez be coming back? Not sure he's had much game time on loan anyway has he?

Makes sense. We'll have one game a week so we really should take this opportunity to cut the squad down to bare bones and save some money for the summer

Could Fernandez be coming back? Not sure he's had much game time on loan anyway has he?
Unlikely. 1 game a week and Malacia gonna come back soon enough, and dalot can cover so we just don't need it anymore..

Makes sense. We'll have one game a week so we really should take this opportunity to cut the squad down to bare bones and save some money for the summer

and with us losing every game any way, if we have another injury crisis and don’t have enough fit fullbacks, we can just start with 10 men.

I mean we weren't really using him so fair enough - think we probably should have used him more to be honest.

Exactly. It's not like ETH is favoring him anyway. So bit of an overkill.

I don't think we will save any big though.

The lad couldn't get games over sticking Dalot on the wrong side, and nobody either here or at Spurs seems to rate him even a little bit.

Showed a bit of energy but not much else. Was a bit like having bad Fred at left back.

Just a weird deal for us to begin with. There's been little logic to any of our recruitment activity since Murtough became DoF. Hand on heart I believe Woodward had more of a clue.

Just a weird deal for us to begin with. There's been little logic to any of our recruitment activity since Murtough became DoF. Hand on heart I believe Woodward had more of a clue.

Wasn't weird at all, we just went scrambling for anybody who had two working legs and could play left back when both of ours and AWB went down.

Find it really hard to have an opinion on him at all, very meh.

This was quite a sensible deal?

Was a good deal actually. Both LBs were injured, Martinez who could have played there has been injured. Dalots had to play on the right a lot and Alvaro Fernandez didn't really look ready to step up. Hopefully now we will get Shaw, Malacia and Martinez back.

Wasn't weird at all, we just went scrambling for anybody who had two working legs and could play left back when both of ours and AWB went down.
The deal was good given our injury situation, what was weird was how little we used him and prefer an out of position Dalot instead.

Wasnt a club interested in taking him on loan as well in January? Dortmund i believe.

We dont need him, ETH wouldnt use him anyway

Had a good debut but other than that, made very little impact in the time he has spent here. Can’t be too harsh as he has come into a group of players who are all underperforming but at the same time, he just wasn’t good enough to play here regularly.

Seems like a sensible call. He was only needed as cover for Malacia, who will be back soon.

God he was good in his first game for us. Not so much after that. Oh well.
You could say the same for most of our signings in the past few years. They play well initially and then it's like we just suck all their talent out of them.

makes sense if Malacia and Shaw are both fit. Dont need 3 LB in the squad. And if someone gets injured Dalot can fit in.

Was better in attack than any of our other fullbacks this season and looked to be forming an overwhelming partnership with Garnacho down the left. So weve already weakened in Jan. His spell out with injury was a real setback though

1c4a4050105f607038fd979557c5fab3.png

DVB's kp per 90 are extrapolated from 2 mins of football so ignore that and Amad's are from 36 mins which is promising but still half a game.

Bruno our most key passes per 90 mins with Reguilion 2nd in his 9. Shaw would be ahead using LB only with 1.7 per 90, while Reguilon has the most dribbles of our fullbacks and Shaw has the least and he's also faster, better at pressing further up the pitch and our fullback with the most tackles per 90 mins (2.7 beating AWB's 2.4) which was all displayed in his gutsy attacking displays on the left.

I think a much better move would have been to sell Malacia and keep Reguilon as Malacia had very low attacking impact last season with just 0.5 kp per 90 mins. He liked a battle and a tackle and he had a bit of composure under pressure at the start of last season but then he made a mistake on the ball and never looked the same after that.

Sir Jim's cost cutting begins. All set now for Reguilón to score the winner at Old Trafford for Spurs in two weeks time...
I would like to think the main reason is to open up that loan slot for a striker, which we desperately need. But it’s United, so they probably didn’t even consider that

Agree about the second point. If the Spurs manager has any sense he will play him vs United because it’s a guaranteed 10/10 performance

Will he feature much if at all for Spurs this season on his return. Might need another loan deal elsewhere for some playing time. As for his time with United as expected really, filling in when needed for injuries and in a few years most will likely forget he even played for the club.

He's mediocre, and if Malacia is returning soon then we'll be replacing like for like, so makes sense to send him back

He has been better.than Malacia. Which is not saying much as neither is what United need

Unless we're getting rid of both (which we should, but that's another story), it's an acceptable decision by the club. But taking a peek at the market, the solid options are extremely expensive, the only way I can see for us is to go for the rough diamond option like Luca Netz or someone in that mold.

Just read the rules, you can have four loans a season in the Premier league and no more than two at a time.

So maybe he's been released to allow another loan signing.

No matter who plays LB they are only there to cover for Luke anyway as there is a massive drop in quality when he is not there.

Just read the rules, you can have four loans a season in the Premier league and no more than two at a time.

So maybe he's been released to allow another loan signing.
Most likely this. Isn't Amrabat still a loan? And we do need adding someone in attack, and probably a loan.

Wasn't much point in keeping him; I did like his attitude though and wish him all the best.

We don't dodge many bullets, but thank God we didn't sign him permanently a few years ago.

Mind you, Telles wasn't much better.

So that frees up a loan spot for us?

Doesn’t make sense to keep him with DVB gone, Sancho going, and Malacia coming back along with Dalot being able to play there.

Get ready for a super depressing striker on loan…

Status
Not open for further replies.